BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

05-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #23
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben@tirerack View Post
Mileage warranty is the tire maker saying that the tire will get x number of miles. If you wear a set out completely (down to 2/32" of tread on all 4 tires) with even wear, they will reimburse you for whatever miles you didn't get. So if you got only 1/2 the advertised miles, you get 50% credit back to you.

They almost never pay out, because people either don't rotate, don't have their alignment done, don't keep proper air pressure, or don't want to run them all the way down to the bitter end since they often get noisy and have bad traction when they're that low.

For the M3, since you can't rotate, the mileage warranties are basically worthless, EXCEPT that Michelin now offers 1/2 mileage warranty for rear tires on RWD staggered setups. So the 30K warranty on the PSS really means 30K miles front and 15K rear. Which makes sense, because it's pretty normal for these cars to go through 2 sets of rears for one set of fronts.
Thanks Ben, I was going to post something similar. The devil is always in the details...

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

what i got from that was its a gimic. they dont actually pay the warranty out. no one in an m3 is gonna wear their tires down that evenly to get paid. i know i cant. throw in a track day and its not gonna happen for sure.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0