BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Massa out for Season and may not be back

The Dr just said Felipe is out for the season and may never race again in F1. I think this really opens the way for Alonso next year.
      07-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Seriously, the man life's hangs in the ballot and all you can think about is Alonso's chances of going to Ferrari... Wow, these drivers are actual people you know.. Human beings like you and me.. Well, maybe not like you judging from your complete lack of appreciation for human life
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

That's sad, he was only a point away from the championship last year. If not for the fuel hose in Singapore or his engine dying with 3 laps to go at the Hungaroring, he would have had it for sure. I hope he gets better and will have another shot at it.
      07-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Seriously, the man life's hangs in the ballot and all you can think about is Alonso's chances of going to Ferrari... Wow, these drivers are actual people you know.. Human beings like you and me.. Well, maybe not like you judging from your complete lack of appreciation for human life
No, his life is NOT AT ALL in the balance!!! NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!! The Doctor said he is fine and making a great recovery but he will be out for the season. And yes, now that he is fine, that is all I can think about. Go fly a kit. Hahahaha!!! So why donīt you read a bit before making such stupid calls. By the way, I am no Ferrari fan and hate Alonso, just making talk.
      07-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
That's sad, he was only a point away from the championship last year. If not for the fuel hose in Singapore or his engine dying with 3 laps to go at the Hungaroring, he would have had it for sure. I hope he gets better and will have another shot at it.
Yea, but I suppose its not a bad way to leave F1 (i.e., perfect health, money, a good reputation, etc... instead of leaving or worse even).
      07-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
You need to take a chill pill, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Yea, but I suppose its not a bad way to leave F1 (i.e., perfect health, money, a good reputation, etc... instead of leaving or worse even).
True but I can tell you it will eat at him for the rest of his life...esp when coming so close. These guys are not in it for the money.
      07-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Ramos needs to chill out....sounds like the world has coming to an end....

there's always risk in motorsport...even karting....ALL the drivers knows the risk....and in somewhat they are willing to take that risk for the final checker flag....safety is very important....but its not something to cry and scream about all the time.....
      07-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
No, his life is NOT AT ALL in the balance!!! ......
nooooo, ballot!
      07-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
nooooo, ballot!
Hahahaha!!! True!!
      07-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I am glad you guys find this amusing, as for me watching this accident over and over in replay made me relive Ayrton Senna's fatal crash all over again... The ony difference was the tire wall that MAY have saved Massa's life

I have been following the news every hour since the accident, and just so that you know, a fractured skull with possible internal bleeding and clots in the brain means he is by no means OK... He may be stable, but his life is still in great risk...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
I am glad you guys find this amuzing, as for me watching this accident over and over in replay made me relive Ayrton Senna's fatal crash all over again... The ony difference was the tire wall that MAY have saved Massa's life

I have been following the news every hour since the accident, and just so that you know, a fractured skull with possible internal bleeding and clots in the brain means he is by no means OK... He may be stable, but his life is still in great risk...
Well donīt watch it over and over again. Thatīs even worse. Iīm sad you find that amusing.
      07-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well donīt watch it over and over again. Thatīs even worse. Iīm sad you find that amusing.
Whatever man, you are only making a fool out of yourself... Mocking the subject... I am not the one who finds this amusing one bit
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Whatever man, you are only making a fool out of yourself... Mocking the subject... I am not the one who finds this amusing one bit
Dude....seriously....take a valium or something. No one finds this amussing. No one is mocking it at all. It totally sucks what happened to Massa and we ALL hope he maes a full recovery and we are ALL glad he is still alive. We just aren't freaking out like you. You act like you knew Senna and Massa or something. Did you also freak out whe Michael Jackson died?? Seriously, man.....
      07-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

No I did not know Senna personally, but he was my idol growing up... his death definately marked me.

I am calm, do not need valium... Just asking that people respect the man who is still fighting for his life, instead of "dancing on his grave" and already talking about Alonso replacing him..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Yes...Massa is now awake and responding well, though they now are obviously repeatedly commenting about the unknown, especially eye sight. As Lauda said today, it's a wake up call of how dangerous the sport still is...a few more inches to the right and Massa probably wouldn't be here at all...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formel1 View Post
Yes...Massa is now awake and responding well, though they now are obviously repeatedly commenting about the unknown, especially eye sight. As Lauda said today, it's a wake up call of how dangerous the sport still is...a few more inches to the right and Massa probably wouldn't be here at all...
Yep:

"Felipe Massa's condition is continuing to improve as doctors at the AEK Hospital in Hungary denied earlier reports of eye damage and instead suggested he could now make a full recovery"

Things will get interesting for sure.

Last edited by KonigsTiger; 07-27-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formel1 View Post
The FIA Standard 8860-2004 on driver's helmet saved massa's life...and probably HANS device prevent his neck being snapped at the time of impact....(you can still see his helmet moved backwards when the coil spring hit him)....but HANS prevents his helmet moving violently front and backwards....and injuring his neck....

However, with all the safety precautions....it is still a dangerous sport....it is a sad wake up call to remind us....

it is not the time to scream and running around who should be punished....all teams and FIA, manufacturer should all work together and make this safer....
      07-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No I did not know Senna personally, but he was my idol growing up... his death definately marked me.

I am calm, do not need valium... Just asking that people respect the man who is still fighting for his life, instead of "dancing on his grave" and already talking about Alonso replacing him..
No one is "dancing on anyone's grave"....He's not DEAD!!!
instead he is recovering from the accident....and we should focus on his rehab and recovery....also how to make motorsport safer....
      07-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep:

"Felipe Massa's condition is continuing to improve as doctors at the AEK Hospital in Hungary denied earlier reports of eye damage and instead suggested he could now make a full recovery"

Thinks will get interesting for sure.
FORZA FELIPE!!!

Last edited by E90SLAM; 01-17-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #20
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Now that's the spirit... Much better
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #21
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
'Massa could walk out of hospital within 10 days'

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...457408,00.html

Quote:
Felipe Massa could walk out of hospital within the next 10 days and on his own steam, according to his doctors.

Massa is recovering from his horrific accident in Saturday's Hungarian GP, which resulted in him being rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.

And although the condition of his left eye, which was damaged in the accident, remains a concern, doctors revealed that the Ferrari driver is making a steady recovery.

"My expectation is that he would walk out of the hospital on his own," Peter Bazso, the medical director of the AEK hospital, told public television M1 on Tuesday.

"If his recovery continues at this pace, I wouldn't rule out that he could leave within 10 days.

"He's spending more and more time awake, talking to family and friends."

Massa fractured his skull and suffered a brain concussion when he was hit just above his left eye by a bouncing spring, weighing almost a kilo.

The severity of his injuries led Bazso to add: "I would like to point out that although he's recovering, this is not the end of the story, he is still in a life-threatening condition.

"Of course, the danger is decreasing by the day."
      07-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #22
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

It will be very sad if Massa never race again. He really should have been the WC last year instead of spoilt brat Hamilton. As for Massa's temporary replacement for the rest of the season? Please Luca, ask Michael! And please God, make Michael say yes!
Appreciate 0