BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #45
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Congrats! Beautiful car.

I have the Azurite Blue Individual and it's very hard (especially the sparkles) to capture correctly, so I know what you mean. I've seen both Ruby Black and Rust Brown (although not on the same car) and it's a beautiful combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBlitz76 View Post
Yes, I can definitely tell a difference. I've posted in other threads about it, but when I first got the M, it felt very "tight"--engine and suspension-wise. Now, it's really coming into its own, and I'm truly beginning to understand what all the fuss has been about! The M is officially down about 30 lb.-ft. of torque on the S5, but I honestly don't miss it, because it shines so much more in other ways. I think that the real reason people complain about lack of torque is the lack of a torque converter. To go, you have to mean it. There are ways that you can finagle the Drivelogic settings, which will give you better response. You just have to experiment some! But trust me, if you've got a little open road, and the engine warm, take 'er on up north of 4000 (let alone going the n'hood of 8000)! Just the sound alone will have you going "Ohhhhh yeahhhhh!".
The engine just keeps getting stronger and stronger after break-in.

Both my husband and I feel D3 is a little too subdued for our tastes, so we drive in D4 for regular driving. We like how it shifts fast, and the torque is nice.
      07-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #46
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
I'm probably in the minority but contrasting extended leather looks "pieced together" when paired with black carpet like that

the ruby black is gorgeous and classy as hell though

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #47
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Congrats! Beautiful car.

Both my husband and I feel D3 is a little too subdued for our tastes, so we drive in D4 for regular driving. We like how it shifts fast, and the torque is nice.
Thanks Julie, that's great to know! When I first took delivery of mine, I was driving around in D2. I wanted to discover each new level, like unwrapping another gift on Christmas Day! Now, I like to refer to D2 as "driving granny to church" mode! Drivelogic is very interesting, and I am still in the process of discovery with it. D5 can get a little crazy at times, if you're in just kind of a "cruising" mood. Love those upshifts, though! I still love Audis, but I'm a BMW convert, for sure!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #48
getbeat
Rep
Drives: .

Beautiful car and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #49
Tfk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black M3

congratulations!

-rs4/5, c63, is-f, the only thing more special than a v8 m3, is an individual v8 m3.

p.s. my rust brown interior loves BMW leather conditioner (once a fortnight)
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #50
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Absolutely love that interior. Congrats!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #51
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBlitz76 View Post
Yes, I can definitely tell a difference. I've posted in other threads about it, but when I first got the M, it felt very "tight"--engine and suspension-wise. Now, it's really coming into its own, and I'm truly beginning to understand what all the fuss has been about! The M is officially down about 30 lb.-ft. of torque on the S5, but I honestly don't miss it, because it shines so much more in other ways. I think that the real reason people complain about lack of torque is the lack of a torque converter. To go, you have to mean it. There are ways that you can finagle the Drivelogic settings, which will give you better response. You just have to experiment some! But trust me, if you've got a little open road, and the engine warm, take 'er on up north of 4000 (let alone going the n'hood of 8000)! Just the sound alone will have you going "Ohhhhh yeahhhhh!".
Good to know thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Congrats! Beautiful car.

I have the Azurite Blue Individual and it's very hard (especially the sparkles) to capture correctly, so I know what you mean. I've seen both Ruby Black and Rust Brown (although not on the same car) and it's a beautiful combination.

Thanks! I'm loving the car right now and it's great to know that it will only get better as the engine breaks in!

Azurite Blue must be beautiful... what colour are the metallic flakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksi View Post
I'm probably in the minority but contrasting extended leather looks "pieced together" when paired with black carpet like that

the ruby black is gorgeous and classy as hell though
I appreciate your input... I know the combo won't be for everyone but I really like the contrast the rust brown and black provide. Having my old Audi interior all black may have something to do with that though... Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbeat View Post
Beautiful car and welcome!
I am amazed at the warm welcome I've received! It is greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfk View Post
congratulations!

-rs4/5, c63, is-f, the only thing more special than a v8 m3, is an individual v8 m3.

p.s. my rust brown interior loves BMW leather conditioner (once a fortnight)
Thanks for the reply... I agree the V8 M3 is a much more special car than the C63, is-f, and probably the RS4/5 though I've never driven either.

How's the rust brown interior holding up for you? do you only use BMW leather conditioner to treat it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Absolutely love that interior. Congrats!
Thanks Mike!

Yup... every relative, friend, and colleague who has seen the car loves it from the outside and tends to be speechless once they see the interior! lol!
Literally, two of my colleagues just stared at each other speechless with their mouths open. It was a similar reaction I had when I first sat inside.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #52
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

To the op, the "ugh" was because the rust brown is so fantastic looking.

It should be a standard color!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #53
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
To the op, the "ugh" was because the rust brown is so fantastic looking.

It should be a standard color!
lol... gotcha... and I 100% agree!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #54
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Welcome. I used to be a long time Audi owner myself. Highly modded B5 S4 then a moderately modded B7 RS4. Have driven a B8 S4 (stock) a number of times. Here are my observations:

The steering responsiveness of the M3 is way beyond Audi.

The ride/handling balance of the M3 is about as close to perfect as it gets

You need to spend time above 5000 rpms to really enjoy the M3's performance capability. In that sense, it is not as enjoyable at low speeds. This is much like my RS4 used to be. Once you wind the motor up, however, it is just intoxicating.

An aftermarket exhaust will do wonders for the M3's sound, and there are many more to chose from than with Audi.

Mod market, in general, is HUGE compared to the Audi.

The M3 is a harder car to learn to drive at/near the limits, but once you learn, it is far more capable and rewarding than the S4.

Quattro is a double edged sword. On one hand, it allows you to just hammer the car, and the grip will allow you to get away with almost anything. On the other hand, it makes the car feel sluggish in comparison to a properly set-up RWD configuration.

You need the give yourself time to learn how to drive the M3. Only then will you be able to really extract all this car is capable of. Initially, you may find that you felt the S4 was more capable, but that is because quattro allows you to do things without thinking, that you just can't in a powerful RWD car. Took me about 6 months, but my M3 was not my daily driver either.

After two years of ownership, I absolutey love my M3. Even driving at normal speeds, you feel so connected to the car and yet it is not in the least bit harsh.

Enjoy!!!!
Someone give this guy a medal! You absolutely nailed it. Great comparison and description/explanation

Bear, most def need to get together and scope the new machines perhaps reminisce about the old S4's haha and I need to check your tint job too. Not 100% sold yet...my S4 wasn't tinted either

How many km's you at?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #55
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3 View Post
How many km's you at?
Just over 1,200. I have a BMW track day event on the 21st of August so I need to get north of 2,000 by then. lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #56
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Need photo of this car in direct sun to see the Ruby!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #57
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Need photo of this car in direct sun to see the Ruby!
100%... I'm dropping the car off this afternoon for the opti-coat treatment. I'll see if my detailer is better with a camera than I and take some better pictures tomorrow in the sun.
Appreciate 0