BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

09-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #45
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Can you please post a pic of the ACschnitzer rear and front strut braces. thank you. Do they look like this?
As of yet I only have the ACS rear strut and have been in contact with ACS to get the front strut. Whether it helps or not is difficult to say since I never time by laps around the track. I just simply drive and have fun!! I can say there is no perceptible difference but its only obvious that rigidity is at least slightly improved from before and this generally is good when taken together with a slightly lowered ride, lower center of gravity, etc…
      09-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #46
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
man first week i had the car i didnt hear a rattle or anything. it is so obvious now every time i go over a huge bump or a drive way. i guess i cannot complain coz i'll be ridiculed and said to be crazy or something.... M3 drivers!!!
Hearing rattles doesn't mean that your chassis has lost its stiffness. Rattles can be caused by many things that have nothing to do with stiffness. Anyway, you did end up starting a good thread regardless.
      09-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #47
Battle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
As of yet I only have the ACS rear strut and have been in contact with ACS to get the front strut. Whether it helps or not is difficult to say since I never time by laps around the track. I just simply drive and have fun!! I can say there is no perceptible difference but its only obvious that rigidity is at least slightly improved from before and this generally is good when taken together with a slightly lowered ride, lower center of gravity, etc…
How about the rear strut? What does it look like? Can you please post a pic? Do you think there would be a difference in performance of ACschnitzer and the ActiveAutoworke Strut? I know there is about 400 difference but I was wondering if it is worth the extra 400. I'm positive the Ac one looks much better if indeed is the one from the pic...But if it is just the straight one from Acschnitzer I rather save 400 and get the front and rear AA unit.

Do you know who makes sways for our cars?
      09-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #48
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

I posted pics of mine a while ago, here you go:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ACS+rear+strut
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #49
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
How about the rear strut? What does it look like? Can you please post a pic? Do you think there would be a difference in performance of ACschnitzer and the ActiveAutoworke Strut? I know there is about 400 difference but I was wondering if it is worth the extra 400. I'm positive the Ac one looks much better if indeed is the one from the pic...But if it is just the straight one from Acschnitzer I rather save 400 and get the front and rear AA unit.

Do you know who makes sways for our cars?
Here are some more pics of the rear strut. I don’t think you would ever perceive a difference between one strut and another even on track, when all mods are added together, there may be a slight difference in feel. But for instance, every 100 lbs of weight you take off from your car may yield you, best case, 0.10 seconds from 0 to 62mph. This difference is easily mitigated by a change of altitude of 100 meters.

For certain things I generally go with ACS because I know they us the best materials and they do R&D before they put something out instead of just looks (And their looks usually really suck lol). The ACS front strut tower, whenever it becomes available is a very nice piece indeed.

I Don´t know anyone who makes sway bars yet, but I am up for them when they become available.
Attached Images

09-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #50
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

nice - and easily removable.
      09-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #51
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Are you sure ActiveAuto has strut bars for the M3?

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 09-11-2008 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #52
Battle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
yah i saw those. but you can put a bar across from one side to the other, on top of these. I'm just wondering if the OEM CF bar can be fitted with the V8 engine/hood/vents.
My dealer said it would fit on the M3, I doubt it will but they said that it will fit and they have it in stock.

I also would like to install sway bars and strut braces... I had sway bars on my 540i and they made a night and day difference. So sways are a must for me because I hate body roll.
      09-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #53
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James************ View Post
Are you sure ActiveAuto has strut bars for the M3?
Yes, I even posted a picture of it.
      09-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #54
Battle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Yes, I even posted a picture of it.

It does say in the magazine that AA has a strut brace for the M3 but its wrong, I contacted AA and they said that its wrong, The AA strut brace is not yet available for the E9X M3...BMW-M-Mexico do you have GruppeM intake on your car? If so do you think that the intake sits higher than the OEM intake, especially the part that connects to the hood opening? I'm asking because if one of the Tuners makes a strut brace I wonder if it will not fit due to the GruppeM sitting higher than the OEM. I will be installing my GruppeM on Friday the 19th so I will measure and let you guys know that have the GruppeM if it indeed sits higher than OEM. Which I think will cause fitment issues of the strut brace.... I really would love the strut brace from BMWperformance, the carbon fiber one, my dealer said it will fit the E92 M3 but i doubt it will.
      09-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #55
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
It does say in the magazine that AA has a strut brace for the M3 but its wrong, I contacted AA and they said that its wrong, The AA strut brace is not yet available for the E9X M3...BMW-M-Mexico do you have GruppeM intake on your car? If so do you think that the intake sits higher than the OEM intake, especially the part that connects to the hood opening? I'm asking because if one of the Tuners makes a strut brace I wonder if it will not fit due to the GruppeM sitting higher than the OEM. I will be installing my GruppeM on Friday the 19th so I will measure and let you guys know that have the GruppeM if it indeed sits higher than OEM. Which I think will cause fitment issues of the strut brace.... I really would love the strut brace from BMWperformance, the carbon fiber one, my dealer said it will fit the E92 M3 but i doubt it will.
My bad!! Didn´t take the time to check this with AA. Goes to show how inaccurate these magazines can sometimes be. Anyway, I do have the Gruppe-M intake and it does not appear to be any higher than stock, but haven´t measured it to make certain. In any event, even if it does sit higher, I don´t believe it would interfere with any strut bar, it is the intake plenum that is the issue and as you, I also doubt the BMW Performance Strut would fit over the stock air box. In fact, I am fairly certain that a strut for this engine will have to somehow go around the air box.