BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
70X200
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Damn this cold weather, time for a battery

Well, it appears that time and the resent cold temps have had their way with my battery. First my heater motor decided not to run on high and then I got an error message indicating "Increased battery drain". After that, my clock needed to be reset every time I start the car. It's a 2008 with the original battery so I guess it is time for a new battery. Six years is longer than the usual anyway. I have a quote of 280.00 for a new battery and coding. Sounds fair to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
SammiK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70X200
Well, it appears that time and the resent cold temps have had their way with my battery. First my heater motor decided not to run on high and then I got an error message indicating "Increased battery drain". After that, my clock needed to be reset every time I start the car. It's a 2008 with the original battery so I guess it is time for a new battery. Six years is longer than the usual anyway. I have a quote of 280.00 for a new battery and coding. Sounds fair to me.
If that's a quote from a dealership, that's the lowest I have ever seen
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
70X200
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by byunts View Post
If that's a quote from a dealership, that's the lowest I have ever seen
Not a dealership, it is from Imola Motorsports in Minneapolis. They service everything from Lambos to anything German. They do absolutely great work and I would recommend them for any type of service. It is also a good time to be able to look at the vehicles they have in for service. Lot's of high end stuff.
Appreciate 0