BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

04-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

EvoSport Performance Under Drive Pulleys Belts

Hi Guys

So i recently installed my new EvoSport Performance Under Drive Pulley.

When i first started the engine after the installation was done by a skilled BMW technician. I heard some Tickering noises during cold start coming from the belts area. and when i rev it the noise becomes louder. So anyways i left it overnight for them to checkout what went wrong.

Basically i just got my car back today and they told me that the A/C belt needs to be changed because the tread on the stock belt is different than the ones on the new pulley and it needs to be shorter as well.

so basically what im asking is. did anyone encounter such a thing before ?

I have a DCT 09 E93. with this pulley installed. what make and model and different belts should i have in stock with me for the future ? Im kinda lost here and its annoying.

Ur help is appreciated.

Thanks.
      04-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
Hi Guys

So i recently installed my new EvoSport Performance Under Drive Pulley.

When i first started the engine after the installation was done by a skilled BMW technician. I heard some Tickering noises during cold start coming from the belts area. and when i rev it the noise becomes louder. So anyways i left it overnight for them to checkout what went wrong.

Basically i just got my car back today and they told me that the A/C belt needs to be changed because the tread on the stock belt is different than the ones on the new pulley and it needs to be shorter as well.

so basically what im asking is. did anyone encounter such a thing before ?

I have a DCT 09 E93. with this pulley installed. what make and model and different belts should i have in stock with me for the future ? Im kinda lost here and its annoying.

Ur help is appreciated.

Thanks.
I'd suggest contacting Dale at Evosport who should be able to provide you with the insight you need.

dale@evosport.com
direct 714.901.3100 ext.11

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Are you sure you ordered the correct pulley? It should have come with one single sided belt and the pulley should have been smaller in diameter for the single sided belt and OEM size for the double sided belt. It sounds to me like you ordered the pre 2009 non double sided belt pulley.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
simonlam168
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93-M3 F10-M5

Here is my 09 E93 M3 DCT pulleys and belt

04-16-2010, 03:06 AM   #5
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Are you sure you ordered the correct pulley? It should have come with one single sided belt and the pulley should have been smaller in diameter for the single sided belt and OEM size for the double sided belt. It sounds to me like you ordered the pre 2009 non double sided belt pulley.
Yes im sure i did...I got a belt with my Pulley. it was the Continental Contitech 1440 6PK V Ribbed Belt (WaterPump Belt).

We used the factory double-sided belt but for some reason the last "V" on the belt was not fitting in place correctly. so it kinda messed things up for me since i know need to go and buy a new Factory Belt from BMW. anyone knows why my belt didnt fit right the first time ? my pulley is installed correctly im sure...
-
      04-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Probably user error on the install. I had no problems getting the OEM double sided belt on the Evosport pulley.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0