BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
Z4M///ike
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 M Roadster/08 E90 M3

finally got my E90 M3 sedan!

got it on the 26th from new century bmw in alhambra, ca.

was trying to go for $500 over invoice + mats.

the buying experience was horrendous. twice i heard the entire conversation between the manager and the salesperson while the salesperson put me "on hold" not knowing i heard every word because he didn't cover the mic on his cell phone. full of profanities and insinuations to squeeze as much out of the buyer (me) as possible without relenting to invoice price. i was so angry i blew up on the sales guy, which prompted him to contact the owner, who then gave the car immediately at invoice due to the horrible experience.

in the end, it was invoice + $120 for mats (no longer free, they decided) and $160 PDI (pretty sure it's bs too).

i ended up getting the car with a 4th of a tank of gas ... on a $60k+ car. wtf!? i could have had a better buying experience at a kia dealership (i'm sure they're better).

in conclusion, this car drives like a DREAM!!!

but NEW CENTURY BMW SUCKS. STAY AWAY.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JZB 6MT

Pictures please.. Pictures never gets old.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Pics, pics, pics!!! Haha!
      07-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

post pics. who was your CA at new century?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
WangTa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 m3, Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M///ike View Post
got it on the 26th from new century bmw in alhambra, ca.

was trying to go for $500 over invoice + mats.

the buying experience was horrendous. twice i heard the entire conversation between the manager and the salesperson while the salesperson put me "on hold" not knowing i heard every word because he didn't cover the mic on his cell phone. full of profanities and insinuations to squeeze as much out of the buyer (me) as possible without relenting to invoice price. i was so angry i blew up on the sales guy, which prompted him to contact the owner, who then gave the car immediately at invoice due to the horrible experience.

in the end, it was invoice + $120 for mats (no longer free, they decided) and $160 PDI (pretty sure it's bs too).

i ended up getting the car with a 4th of a tank of gas ... on a $60k+ car. wtf!? i could have had a better buying experience at a kia dealership (i'm sure they're better).

in conclusion, this car drives like a DREAM!!!

but NEW CENTURY BMW SUCKS. STAY AWAY.
I'm in the LA area too - thanks for the headsup. I will be sure to avoid them at all costs.

What an idiotic move - piss off a customer that is buying $60,000 car. Geeze.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
gadget
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

As a fellow Z4 owner moving to an M, I'd very very curious to here your thoughts on how the M3 handles vs your z4. Let me know when you've had more time with the M3.

Thanks and Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 03:19 AM   #7
Z4M///ike
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 M Roadster/08 E90 M3

ca was jesse sun. ha! had the nerve today to call and ask for 5's on the bmw na performance review. said he would give me a free dealer license plate frame if i did. lol absolute comedy.

coming from the m roadster, this car is a different animal. throttle wise, not so twitchy, but still plentyyy of torque and power starting from the bottom. clutch is lighter and has a higher engagement point. not clunky like the m roadster's. umm steering is lighter but just as crisp. you can corner like no other. whereas in the roadster you would literally have to muscle the steering wheel into turning a tight, quick turn or flying around an on-ramp, the m3 makes the job so much easier but at the same time just as engaging.

2 different cars, 2 different attitudes. but both are a-okay in my book
Appreciate 0