BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

10/10 would fake read again
      10-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #24
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

I can't afford a M5 right now. I think I'll move in with my parents and buy an M5 and then I'll let all you M3 posers know what I think about active sound.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I can't afford a M5 right now. I think I'll move in with my parents and buy an M5 and then I'll let all you M3 posers know what I think about active sound.
Just get an F80 M3 with the M5 active sound mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #26
Interlagos3
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
BMW should just give you the option to turn off the exhaust sound to the speakers. That would shut up everyone!
Exactly!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE

this active sound thing opens up a whole new //Market, the folks at BMW's //(M)arketing will start offering a menu of fake sound, want to pipe ferrari/lambo/Aston exhaust? that's a $500 option, selectable in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #28
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

$500?! It should be a "coding meet" option lol.

Sounds like he was in automatic mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

10-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #30
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48
I'm so sick and tired of people complaining about the "fake sound the new BMWs come with"

I read someones post on the board the other day who said something along the lines of; "the new bmw m3s fake sound coming through the speakers is enough of a fault, and for this reason I will not be purchasing the new M3/ M4, I am now considering a lexus".. I kid you not, this is what I read with my own eyes, and as we already know this is only one of the many negative generic comments on this topic.

So! you're telling me you're going to completely overlook the entire car and all its good because the car is so well insulated,
and in BMWs effort to bring some of that sound back/ make the car more engaging and exciting they've introduced accurate,
synthetic sound through the sound system, you're going to overlook the entire car, and "buy a lexus"

Let it be noted when you're not in the sport/ sport+ throttle settings there is no sound being "played through the speakers".
The difference between the sound being on/off is hardly noticeable. It's more of a hum playing in the background.

I acquired my 2014 M6 late May, and I can tell you since then I have zero complaints with the exhaust sound, level, tone, or volume for that matter.
In my honest opinion I prefer the sound of the S63tu motor over the V10 in the previous generation my brother just so happens to own. Stock v stock.

I've owned more than a few cars over the years, including a CLS63 and M3. I can tell you the M6 sounds better than both..
So I highly doubt the M3/ M4 will sound as "bad" as the members of this forum have put it out to be.

Lets not forget the E92 M3 doesn't sound like God himself coming out of the factory either, it takes an aftermarket exhaust system to wake things up.

Now with that said I have AMS catless downpipes on the new M6 and what a huge difference it has made.
Expect the same results with the new M3/M4. For all you whiny members of the board, if I have to read one more complaint about something so petty -
I'm going to come to your house and blast prerecorded exhaust clips till you lose your hearing.

Here's a very short clip, if you're interested in anymore input videos or sound clips feel free to ask and I'll put my fingers to work.

I'm sure active sound is amazing through a B&O speaker setup.

Porsche said it will never offer active sound. What sound the car makes, is the sound it makes. (They looked into making their diesels sound sporty, but the only way was through active sound)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #31
shu5892001
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: GS-F

OP, I understand you are trying to justify your purchases. But the car in your video DOES NOT sound good... lol. Maybe it sounds better than a STi/EVO but it's in a completely different league than the F1 derived S85.

Also whats wrong with Lexus? Seeing how good the IS350F sport is, I can only imagine how good the new ISF will be.
      10-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Active Sound sucks. Sorry. It won't keep from EVER buying a Bimmer again, but it sucks, and is very disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #33
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
I'm so sick and tired of people complaining about the "fake sound the new BMWs come with"

I read someones post on the board the other day who said something along the lines of; "the new bmw m3s fake sound coming through the speakers is enough of a fault, and for this reason I will not be purchasing the new M3/ M4, I am now considering a lexus".. I kid you not, this is what I read with my own eyes, and as we already know this is only one of the many negative generic comments on this topic.

So! you're telling me you're going to completely overlook the entire car and all its good because the car is so well insulated,
and in BMWs effort to bring some of that sound back/ make the car more engaging and exciting they've introduced accurate,
synthetic sound through the sound system, you're going to overlook the entire car, and "buy a lexus"

Let it be noted when you're not in the sport/ sport+ throttle settings there is no sound being "played through the speakers".
The difference between the sound being on/off is hardly noticeable. It's more of a hum playing in the background.

I acquired my 2014 M6 late May, and I can tell you since then I have zero complaints with the exhaust sound, level, tone, or volume for that matter.
In my honest opinion I prefer the sound of the S63tu motor over the V10 in the previous generation my brother just so happens to own. Stock v stock.

I've owned more than a few cars over the years, including a CLS63 and M3. I can tell you the M6 sounds better than both..
So I highly doubt the M3/ M4 will sound as "bad" as the members of this forum have put it out to be.

Lets not forget the E92 M3 doesn't sound like God himself coming out of the factory either, it takes an aftermarket exhaust system to wake things up.

Now with that said I have AMS catless downpipes on the new M6 and what a huge difference it has made.
Expect the same results with the new M3/M4. For all you whiny members of the board, if I have to read one more complaint about something so petty -
I'm going to come to your house and blast prerecorded exhaust clips till you lose your hearing.

Here's a very short clip, if you're interested in anymore input videos or sound clips feel free to ask and I'll put my fingers to work.

this is for sure a personal opinion. to me the V10 M5/6 was the best sounding M engine ever put out. it sounds like a Lamborghini.

you like the new m cars, i don't. honesty that M6 to me sound OK, not GREAT.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

I'm with Ezio, I didn't think the M6 posted in the OPs vid sounded that great.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
      10-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
gymtime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I've never liked that fart can sound
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #36
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

I don't like it but it won't stop me from buying the car (if I was planning to in the first place)
      10-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #37
MWM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

stop complaining about the complainers brah
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #38
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambit View Post
this active sound thing opens up a whole new //Market, the folks at BMW's //(M)arketing will start offering a menu of fake sound, want to pipe ferrari/lambo/Aston exhaust? that's a $500 option, selectable in iDrive.
I'll take the Porsche Carrera GT engine sound, please!

And it shouldn't stop inside the cabin, BMW should find a way to blast various fake engine sounds outside the car as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #39
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Quote:

I read someones post on the board the other day who said something along the lines of; "the new bmw m3s fake sound coming through the speakers is enough of a fault, and for this reason I will not be purchasing the new M3/ M4, I am now considering a lexus".. As we already know this is only one of the many negative generic comments on this topic.

If you're interested in anymore input videos or sound clips feel free to ask and I'll put my fingers to work.
You obviously haven't heard mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #40
TexasSpartan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 E85 3.0si

Quote:

I read someones post on the board the other day who said something along the lines of; "the new bmw m3s fake sound coming through the speakers is enough of a fault, and for this reason I will not be purchasing the new M3/ M4, I am now considering a lexus".. As we already know this is only one of the many negative generic comments on this topic.

If you're interested in anymore input videos or sound clips feel free to ask and I'll put my fingers to work.
You come to my house and blast your exhaust clips all you want, in return I'll blast my AR. JK OP, but seriously relax. Just don't read them if they make you that upset.
2007 E90 335i Sold
2006 E90 330i Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #41
tjsabec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt

Quote:

So does your car pump the oem exhaust sound into the cabin even though you are running a catless set up?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #42
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
I

And it shouldn't stop inside the cabin, BMW should find a way to blast various fake engine sounds outside the car as well.
It's called a convertible
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #43
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSpartan View Post
You come to my house and blast your exhaust clips all you want, in return I'll blast my AR. JK OP, but seriously relax. Just don't read them if they make you that upset.
agreed, everyone just chillax

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Would you rather your gf scream out a fake orgasm or the real thing? Maybe you can't answer living in your parents basement, just nod if you know what's going on.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 10-16-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0