BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #23
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
agreed. There is no way you can confuse an 08 with "one of the first in 06".
I've hung out on 6SpeedOnline for about 4 years and this has never been a problem that's been widely reported, in fact, I can only think of it ever being reported on 6Speed one time, and that was a stock C6 LS2 with the detachable roof.

It's certainly not a statement of the craftsmanship of the Z06, which is basically a FIA GT2 car made street legal, and has a fixed roof anyway.

This is a bash thread, or the OP is trolling. Either way the OP exposed himself confusing a new 2008 Z06 with "one of the first ones ever made in 06".

CLOSE THREAD, do not feed the TROLL.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Your Dad can probably pick up an extra roof and a can of glue at GM's going-out-of-business garage sale coming up soon.
:rofl
      03-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #25
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
haha, op got owned nasty style

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #26
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Lame. I thought there was something funny when he said he "Just ordered a CTS-V". Hm... if he just ordered one, it would need to be a 2010 model. That's like a $60k+ car, correct? He currently drives an E36 M3.... while it's possible he just likes that car, going from an E36 to a $60,000 not-out-yet M5 beater is a pretty big jump.
      03-02-2009, 01:28 AM   #27
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
Lame. I thought there was something funny when he said he "Just ordered a CTS-V". Hm... if he just ordered one, it would need to be a 2010 model. That's like a $60k+ car, correct? He currently drives an E36 M3.... while it's possible he just likes that car, going from an E36 to a $60,000 not-out-yet M5 beater is a pretty big jump.
The CTS-V is out for the 2009 MY.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 01:37 AM   #28
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

The point is the OP just ate his own foot, and probably will never post in this thread again.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #29
Bayani
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39 M5, E60 M5

The roof of the C6 Z06 is made from magnesium, not fiberglass. I'm not sure if it would shatter if it fell off at 60 mph. With that being said, I call BS as well.
      03-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #30
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post

Of a roofless Z-06?
+1 lol..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

How is the guy trolling? Wtf why would anyone even bother posting a story like this to bs people? I dunno. If he's BS'ing then I'm not picking up on it, but I don't see why he would. You all need to chill.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:32 AM   #32
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
They are out, saw one on the road yeaterday.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:38 AM   #33
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
How is the guy trolling? Wtf why would anyone even bother posting a story like this to bs people? I dunno. If he's BS'ing then I'm not picking up on it, but I don't see why he would. You all need to chill.
Yeah, the people here are rather vicious but they do have a point, why the hell would you get the age of your car wrong?

This sounds like a guy looking for some "internet-cred"

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #34
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Possibly. I just never saw the point in getting web cred when you never meet these people in real life (for the most part).
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #35
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Guys, this is a huge problem with those pieces of shit... The roof is laminated on somehow, and will come loose.... And people wonder why GM is doing so shitty, it might be because they produce crap

17 page thread on the red neck...I mean corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-fell-off.html
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #36
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Yeah, the people here are rather vicious but they do have a point, why the hell would you get the age of your car wrong?

This sounds like a guy looking for some "internet-cred"
Exactly, who gets the year of their car wrong in the exact same thread?

Anyway, this was isolated for 06's models. Corvette had a problem with roofs, BMW has (and still) has a problem with HPFP and waste gate rattles. I'd actually consider the latter more problematic as it's mechanical.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #37
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Possibly. I just never saw the point in getting web cred when you never meet these people in real life (for the most part).
Have you just logged onto the internet?

Remember the story of AmericanM5 from M5Boards? The OP is young, immature, and lacking in confidence, so "net cred" sort of medicates that.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #38
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
Guys, this is a huge problem with those pieces of shit... The roof is laminated on somehow, and will come loose.... And people wonder why GM is doing so shitty, it might be because they produce crap

17 page thread on the red neck...I mean corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-fell-off.html
Wait, you're from Texas and you call the members at a Corvette forum rednecks? Sorry, I have to laugh.

Seriously, yeah it was an issue for the 2006 Z06 which was recalled. But, the OP first said it was an '08 and now an early build '06. What he probably did was that he heard about this issue. He made this thread and to hype up the "POS" quality of GM vehicles made the Z06 an '08 with low miles. But, then he saw that the issue was with '06 models and fixed his trolling mistake in his 2nd post, but forgot to change it in his first. Then ensues the massive owning.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #39
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Are you an idiot?

Corvettes are true sports cars, something that BMW hasnt made in a long time. You show me a modern day stock BMW that can compete with a Z06 or a ZR1.

1-series drivers are the scum heartbeat of the BMW steriotype.
Yeah, I don't get how a guy who owns an entry level 1 series can act so uppity about brand. A decked out 1 series is barely over 40k (which is lower than the cost of a stripped 09' LS3 Vette).

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #40
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Yeah, I don't get how a guy who owns an entry level 1 series can act so uppity about brand. A decked out 1 series is barely over 40k (which is lower than the cost of a stripped 09' LS3 Vette).
Bu..bu..but the BMW was made in Germany
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #41
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Corvettes are true sports cars, something that BMW hasnt made in a long time. You show me a modern day stock BMW that can compete with a Z06 or a ZR1.

1-series drivers are the scum heartbeat of the BMW steriotype.
LOL, I know that BMW has not produced a sports car for awhile... they are focused towards the sports luxury market, and they have been very successful at it. I was in the market for the a true sports car a couple years ago, and test drove all of the "true sports cars", and drove a Z06 and it felt like a rolling piece of shit... I then went and drove the new Z06 when I bought my 135, and it felt like a piece of shit just like the last generation..

It's no wonder they are not selling, and you can get them so cheap...After diving them all, I ended up getting a 550 spyder edition Boxster s, as it was in a different league in terms of quality and the way it felt. If you want to compare almost any modern day BMW to a corvette, you have to compare the quality, reliability (the roof not falling off), the comfort level, and the value... If I had 80k in the 1 series, it would absolutely destroy a Z06, and still be much more comfortable and have better visibility...

I am sure the 1 series community is the worst, and all the stereotypes are all because of us, as the stereotypes of asshole BMW drivers only came out when the 1 series did. If you believe we are the reason BMW drivers have a bad rep, you are an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #42
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
LOL, I know that BMW has not produced a sports car for awhile... they are focused towards the sports luxury market, and they have been very successful at it. I was in the market for the a true sports car a couple years ago, and test drove all of the "true sports cars", and drove a Z06 and it felt like a rolling piece of shit... I then went and drove the new Z06 when I bought my 135, and it felt like a piece of shit just like the last generation..

It's no wonder they are not selling, and you can get them so cheap...After diving them all, I ended up getting a 550 spyder edition Boxster s, as it was in a different league in terms of quality and the way it felt. If you want to compare almost any modern day BMW to a corvette, you have to compare the quality, reliability (the roof not falling off), the comfort level, and the value... If I had 80k in the 1 series, it would absolutely destroy a Z06, and still be much more comfortable and have better visibility...

I am sure the 1 series community is the worst, and all the stereotypes are all because of us, as the stereotypes of asshole BMW drivers only came out when the 1 series did. If you believe we are the reason BMW drivers have a bad rep, you are an idiot.
Wait, so you test drove a $75 car and opted for a $35 car? Your price range is all over the place, I call BS.

Also the roof for the Z06 was a problem for ONE year, while the HPFP issues for the N54 haven't been completely solved after THREE years. What were you saying about "modern" reliability again?

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #43
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
you are a moron, the MSRP was almost 46k, an with the mods I have done, I have over 50k in it. I would rather have a better handling and more agile one series, as I do not need the back seats... Your talking when you drive a piece of shit ford focus that cost almost nothing... If you want to call me out, lets race, I have a set of twins I am about to get upgraded, and am getting KW coilovers over the summer... I don't think your peice of shit focus could take me at MSR this summer...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #44
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
you are a moron, the MSRP was almost 46k, an with the mods I have done, I have over 50k in it. I would rather have a better handling and more agile one series, as I do not need the back seats... Your talking when you drive a piece of shit ford focus that cost almost nothing... If you want to call me out, lets race, I have a set of twins I am about to get upgraded, and am getting KW coilovers over the summer... I don't think your peice of shit focus could take me at MSR this summer...
The 135i has an MSRP of $35,800. WTF are you talking about? Anyone who makes $15-$18 an hour could get financing for your car.

My Ford Focus gets 62whp, I'm down to race anytime.

Appreciate 0