BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

04-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
torchmedia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White Z4MC

Z4M VF570 install help needed

Hi guys,

Reaching out here to see if any of you with VF570 experience can help me out? I'm really stuck on hooking up all of the vacuum/boost lines. I will reach out to VF of course, but it's the weekend

I am installing the VF570 with a Tial 50mm BOV, See attached photo.

1. This normally ties into the stock VF BPV. With the Tial I see no application for it. Cap it off?

2. Do I run a line from this down to the engine to drain any fluid, or something else?

3. This used to plug into the stock air box, I see no application for it now?

4. I am hooking up a boost gauge in the cabin, I believe I can get a boost reading off of this T?

5. Does this connect to the nipple on the bottom of the Tial (#7), or somewhere else?

6. Not sure what this elbowed nipple is for.

7. I installed the nipple that came with the Tial BOV I ordered from VF. Not does this connect to #5?

8. This is a larger nipple, about double the size of #6. Not sure what application there is for this.

Thanks to all who can help provide insight.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchmedia View Post
Hi guys,

Reaching out here to see if any of you with VF570 experience can help me out? I'm really stuck on hooking up all of the vacuum/boost lines. I will reach out to VF of course, but it's the weekend

I am installing the VF570 with a Tial 50mm BOV, See attached photo.

1. This normally ties into the stock VF BPV. With the Tial I see no application for it. Cap it off? CORRECT. CAP IT

2. Do I run a line from this down to the engine to drain any fluid, or something else? NO IDEA

3. This used to plug into the stock air box, I see no application for it now? THIS LOOKS LIKE THE SOUND TUBE. NOT NEEDED

4. I am hooking up a boost gauge in the cabin, I believe I can get a boost reading off of this T?

5. Does this connect to the nipple on the bottom of the Tial (#7), or somewhere else?

6. Not sure what this elbowed nipple is for.

7. I installed the nipple that came with the Tial BOV I ordered from VF. Not does this connect to #5?

8. This is a larger nipple, about double the size of #6. Not sure what application there is for this.

Thanks to all who can help provide insight.

See caps above
Appreciate 0