BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTE92 m3/ F10 CP M5

My Gintani Stage 2+

Ok so Its now been about 9 months since I supercharged this beast and feel like I've had enough time to write an honest review on my experience thus far. Let me start off by saying that ever since installing this kit, the excitement I get every time I buckle the seat belt is multiplied by 100. If you think your M is enjoyable to drive with just bolt on's, then you are in for one helluva treat if you go FI. Upon making my decision, I had one thing in mind, go big or go home. With that being said, I went with their stage 2+ kit which runs 8.5lbs of boost and the Alchy meth kit. Way better than the AEM one in my opinion. At specialty Z on their Dyno Jet it put out 592 to the wheel and 372 lbs of torque. I've had a couple of nights now where a couple of us with different SC kits have met up to do some pulls to compare and most importantly, have fun. One of the main reasons I chose to go with Gintani was because I felt like their kits are a little more "custom" fit to your specific M. Not just parts you slap on at any shop, load a tune, and are ready to go. I liked the fact that I could leave the car at the actual facility where they make the kit and get it tuned personally by the guy that manufactured it (Alex). Charles made things easy for me although they were backed up with work and got me in for the install and tune. It was after this last meet that I felt more inclined than ever to write this review, not only because the car ran and has been running flawlessly since, but because of the customer service I get and continue to get 9 months later. After numerous runs of hitting almost 180mph we all stopped to chat and get gas afterwards. While everyone was hanging out talking, I was on the phone with my tuner at 1 o'clock in the morning telling him the results as well as making sure everything was running right. It was then when I noticed I had definitely made the right decision in going with Gintani. The fact that I had his concern and interest and direct communication on the phone in the middle of the night was something that I don't think you'll find with any of the competitors. Not only did the car perform better than the others that night, good customer service is just something you don't find easily these days and I had to take a moment to give them the recognition they deserve. So for anyone that might be on the fence as to which company to SC your M with, hopefully this review helps a little because it is a tough decision to make. Cheers :thump:
Name:  DYNO JET.JPG
Views: 1209
Size:  103.0 KB

GINTANI TWIN TURBO E92/F10 M5
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrecio84 View Post
Ok so Its now been about 9 months since I supercharged this beast and feel like I've had enough time to write an honest review on my experience thus far. Let me start off by saying that ever since installing this kit, the excitement I get every time I buckle the seat belt is multiplied by 100. If you think your M is enjoyable to drive with just bolt on's, then you are in for one helluva treat if you go FI. Upon making my decision, I had one thing in mind, go big or go home. With that being said, I went with their stage 2+ kit which runs 8.5lbs of boost and the Alchy meth kit. Way better than the AEM one in my opinion. At specialty Z on their Dyno Jet it put out 592 to the wheel and 372 lbs of torque. I've had a couple of nights now where a couple of us with different SC kits have met up to do some pulls to compare and most importantly, have fun. One of the main reasons I chose to go with Gintani was because I felt like their kits are a little more "custom" fit to your specific M. Not just parts you slap on at any shop, load a tune, and are ready to go. I liked the fact that I could leave the car at the actual facility where they make the kit and get it tuned personally by the guy that manufactured it (Alex). Charles made things easy for me although they were backed up with work and got me in for the install and tune. It was after this last meet that I felt more inclined than ever to write this review, not only because the car ran and has been running flawlessly since, but because of the customer service I get and continue to get 9 months later. After numerous runs of hitting almost 180mph we all stopped to chat and get gas afterwards. While everyone was hanging out talking, I was on the phone with my tuner at 1 o'clock in the morning telling him the results as well as making sure everything was running right. It was then when I noticed I had definitely made the right decision in going with Gintani. The fact that I had his concern and interest and direct communication on the phone in the middle of the night was something that I don't think you'll find with any of the competitors. Not only did the car perform better than the others that night, good customer service is just something you don't find easily these days and I had to take a moment to give them the recognition they deserve. So for anyone that might be on the fence as to which company to SC your M with, hopefully this review helps a little because it is a tough decision to make. Cheers :thump:
Attachment 1170798
Glad to hear you're happy brother! Can't wait to join the Gintani club
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Attachment 1170798
Awesome results...real strong. Graph sucks though. Any way you can get the .DRF files from Specialty-Z (call and ask Seb) so I can reprint the graphs and add it to the Dyno Database?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Awesome results...real strong. Graph sucks though. Any way you can get the .DRF files from Specialty-Z (call and ask Seb) so I can reprint the graphs and add it to the Dyno Database?
Yes, just call and ask them for the .DRF file? I'll get on that! thanks

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedE93 View Post
Glad to hear you're happy brother! Can't wait to join the Gintani club

Hell ya Jay! can't wait either! Thanks bud

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, just call and ask them for the .DRF file? I'll get on that! thanks
Once you get them from Seb, PM me and I'll send my email address for the files. I haven't looked closely, so I may have questions about your mods, gas, and DCT/6MT.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Nice results.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Beast. Good looking manifold on the Gintani kits too.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Once you get them from Seb, PM me and I'll send my email address for the files. I haven't looked closely, so I may have questions about your mods, gas, and DCT/6MT.
ok sounds good, this was on Chevron 91 pump. Only mod worth mentioning other than the kit would be the Akra GT4 exhaust and its a M/T

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #10
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Very nice, looking strong. Enjoy !
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #11
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Nice review! It sounds like you speak to the Gintani crew often. Would you do us a favor and ask about the S65 twin turbo kit? I'm sure a lot of people are waiting to hear updates.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
ok sounds good, this was on Chevron 91 pump. Only mod worth mentioning other than the kit would be the Akra GT4 exhaust and its a M/T
You should post some pics of your engine bay Lucas, it'll have people drooling!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 x2

Hell ya man! Cars a monster bud! No trailer queens here 😉
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 02:33 AM   #14
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerZ32 View Post
Nice review! It sounds like you speak to the Gintani crew often. Would you do us a favor and ask about the S65 twin turbo kit? I'm sure a lot of people are waiting to hear updates.
Pretty sure everything is just about ready. I know they have the parts manufactured except one that I believe needed to be out sourced but don't quote me on that. You should call them yourself to get a more accurate response. I'm not interested in that kit so don't ask about it.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 02:34 AM   #15
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Hell ya man! Cars a monster bud! No trailer queens here 😉
Lol no sir

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 10:51 AM   #16
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

good to hear! enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 11:25 AM   #17
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
That's the same reason why I like working with Benvo. Dude is always responsive.

Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #18
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
That's the same reason why I like working with Benvo. Dude is always responsive.

Congrats on the car!
Thanks man, ya I actually had my car tuned by him before I went FI. BPM is legit also

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #19
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Autocouture View Post
good to hear! enjoy!
Thank you sir! I'm going to be in touch with you for when I do the rear seat delete kit

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #20
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Beast. Good looking manifold on the Gintani kits too.
Thank you! yea it looks great, matches really good with the housing on my headlights. I'll see if I can get a picture up shortly

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #21
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
called specialty Z and they said they can't give me the file because it was done through dealer to dealer (Specialty Z to Gintani) so I'll have to talk to Alex about it. What is that file anyway?

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #22
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
called specialty Z and they said they can't give me the file because it was done through dealer to dealer (Specialty Z to Gintani) so I'll have to talk to Alex about it. What is that file anyway?
It's the dyno files; it contains the data. Alex@Gintani will know what I'm asking for. He's been pretty cooperative in the past for getting them into the Dyno Database. Just tell him it's for the Dyno Database and he'll know what you're asking for.
Appreciate 0