BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #23
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 CSL

Rogue engineering. They set it up so the belts can be purchased at any auto specialty shop. I'm having them installed this Wed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #24
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3

I went with MS. Great quality stuff with no instructions haha. They post instruction videos on youtube which are really helpful. Just pay attention to year model belt orientation. They are different. Their video does not say anything about that, so when I went to put on the belts, I was like WTF. Overall its easy to install. Took me about 1.5hrs taking my time at snail speed.

But yeah, I certainly felt a difference in acceleration. Its a night and day difference. PS has about the same feel. I would say its one of the best bang for buck for this car.

On a side note. One thing I did differently, was changing my coolant from the factory 50/50 W/C, to 70/30 W/C + Coolant boost by Amsoil. I did this to negate any under-driving effects of the PS pump. I might of over done it as it runs too cold lol. It definitely runs colder then when the car was bone stock.
      03-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #25
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail View Post
On a side note. One thing I did differently, was changing my coolant from the factory 50/50 W/C, to 70/30 W/C + Coolant boost by Amsoil. I did this to negate any under-driving effects of the PS pump. I might of over done it as it runs too cold lol. It definitely runs colder then when the car was bone stock.
I did the same on my Viper (70/30 water/coolant plus water wetter). One thing that may not be common knowledge is that heat transfers to water more efficiently than it does to anti-freeze coolants, so a higher water content can help extract heat from the engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #26
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrezzz View Post
I know this might be a bit random but do you think a E92 with a MS Pulley, Intake Stage 2 & Challenge sport X with Gintani Sport rear with a ESS tune. Will that beat a 2012 C63 in a straight line or just keep up? I had a 2012 C63 and wanted my E92 to be just as fast or faster if possible without the route of supercharging. Don't get me wrong i love my car and the speed it achieves but i think the car can handle a little bit more .

DOn't see it happening. I love my m3 but I put a buss on my buddy a e92 from a 80 with me letting him get the hit.
I am now on my current e90 test pipes, intake and a custom tune and My wife tune only c63 still is just much faster, from a dig the m3 way pull out for the fact of not loosing traction like the c63 does but once rolling the c63 is going to murder it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
+1 curious too...although I don't think its enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Depends on distance, the C63s are beasts.
Appreciate 0