BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

03-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #177
528imsport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Msport

I like it alot the intee could have been abit better looking, love the f roof and the bonnet too, I cant wait until ACS and Hamann get these hand on it, it will be good.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #178
Pourky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i / E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourky View Post
I have to agree with the front bumper. The ends of the front look like wtf??? It looks like the car went too fast over a speed bump and ripped some of the front bumper off.

Well if they don't change it can someone please get a hold of some companies to make a M5/M6 Front Bumper Replica (The one P-shopped M3 which has the similar M5/M6 look...when I get home from work I'll post that picture up for you)

Does anybody agree with changing the front more closer to the other M's?

Sorry it took awhile to get it on but here is what I was talking about...hopefully someone makes this an aftermarket bumper.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #179
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

CSL? Bull.

I think its awesome. The tough part is, we've seen almost everything about this car over the last several months, so perhaps that's why non of us are feeling blown away? No surprises really - except for the diffuser, side gills, hood vents really is all we haven't already seen.

So, its a CSL because its wearing the 3-year old rims and Michelin track rubber? Oh, and its fitted with the heavily-rumored CF roof that has had much speculation all along? What about the interior? iDrive with NAV, dual climate, heater seats, radio w/ multi disc changer, steering wheel controls for radio, cruise and phone? No unique boot lid either. Followed with no announcement or designation as a CSL during presentation?

I think you're all crazy on the assumption of it being a CSL just because of a set of wheels and tires. What else is there to base this on, really?

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 01:38 AM   #180
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post
I bet they didn't mean for the interior to get photo'd. Notice how dark the tint is.
Totally agree with that. Heck the interior didn't even look fully cleaned. Also AFAIK we did not get to see the E60 M5 interior in Geneva.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 01:45 AM   #181
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Read up

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
So, its a CSL because its wearing the 3-year old rims and Michelin track rubber? Oh, and its fitted with the heavily-rumored CF roof that has had much speculation all along? What about the interior? iDrive with NAV, dual climate, heater seats, radio w/ multi disc changer, steering wheel controls for radio, cruise and phone? No unique boot lid either. Followed with no announcement or designation as a CSL during presentation?

I think you're all crazy on the assumption of it being a CSL just because of a set of wheels and tires. What else is there to base this on, really?
Read what Scott (our infamous BMW insider) said. He did not say it is the CSL. He said it is a hybrid or mixture of production concept and CSL concept. Since we know there are design elements on CSLs that are not on base models we can infer that there are some design elements on this vehicle that will not be on the base model and others that will not be on the CSL. Makes sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #182
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Very good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I don't understand why some posters complain about the previously understated look going out the window.

The only understated M3 was the E36, which only enthusiasts of the marque could easily distinguish from a contemporary 325 Sport.

The E30 M3 was truly garish in its outspokenness , what with all the tacky Koenig-style fenders - but then for its day it was an outstanding machine and everything it did was proudly displayed on the box.

The E46 M3 cannot be considered understated IMO. It has a power dome hood, inoperative (but decorative) side extraction vents, wide-ass fenders, quad exhaust and a sprinkling of other aero effects. It also came in such classy understated colors as LSB and Phoenix Yellow.

And guess what? The E92 M3 seems to have a (bigger, of course) power dome hood, similarly decorative side vents, wider fenders and a sprinkling of aero effects - the same E46 theme, moved forward in time.
Very good points. I keep trying to see it this way but prefer to let a car overwhelm me rather than force myself to like it. We'll see the E60 M5 did grow on my a lot as the months passed. I just wish so bad it struck me with the immediacy and lust that the Aston Martin DB9 or DBS did.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #183
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

i dont think this m3 is overstated at all. the front bumper looks like crap but the overall styling is conservative, especially compared to its competition, whether it be a japanese rival or european. id say the m3 is the most understated
      03-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #184
gabypaun
Rep
Drives: E46

I think the E46 M is more beautiful and more aggressiv!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #185
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Here's my observation!
THIS CAR IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!
I WANT ONE! NOW!!
So worth the wait....
Today is so much like Christmas! So freaking good!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 03:00 AM   #186
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
This car is amazing!
I want one!
I've been licking me lips since i first saw it this morning!
So good!
Soo freaking goood!
I want one! BADLY!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 03:12 AM   #187
ron_jeremy
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3

The colous is also awsome.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 05:21 AM   #188
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
bodykit (the e92 Mtech kit looks better. I somewhat like the skirts though)
+1

I prefer the M-tech car because it does not have the inverted air scoop look
(but I agree the side skirts on the M3 are nice):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35579
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 07:43 AM   #189
Dr.Sommer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RWD BMW with nat. asp. 6 cyl.

Anyone noticed already a very nice detail?

Look close around the 12 o'clock position on the rev counter chrome trim - it incorperates a series of shift lights - neat!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #190
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
was i right? or was i right? :rocks:
Again just shows how much skillz you have great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
I am really encouraged by BMW showing the CSL version as a 'working' prototype, that means it can't be that far away (I placed an order for one 2 years ago).

It is clearly the CSL version for several reasons;

1) we know the M3 will not have the CF roof since it's been designed to have a sunroof
2) it came fitted with the same wheels and Cup tyres as our current E46 CSL
3) you could clearly 'hear' the CF airbox as Andy P drove it onto the stage - I very much doubt that the M3 will have the airbox on its own in the E46 CSL was a $6000 component.

I'm happy and just checked with my dealer to make sure I am still one of the first to get one.
I checked also just in case even though I have it in writing that I'm #2, I'm with the others on the sound things have changed with that engine compared to what your used to hearing so a light weight airbox speculation is just well speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
Anyone else notice they dumped the pop-up headlight washers in favour of fixed nozzles?
I so happy about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco 335i View Post
I think the 335i is gonna hurt the sales though because they look silimiar and you can get the E92 alot cheaper. What do you all think?
I can't disagree with you more, we who buy Mcars buy them for all that M stands for & yes they look similar they are essentially all the derived from the same base car but w/ tweaks here & there, handling, cosmetics but of course the engine ahh the engine is much much different...all these things complete the package, the 335 is a great car hell I almost bought it until I relized I could just wait it out & get me an E92 M3, I'm suffering with the wait but in the end it'll all be worth it...I can't wait...I'm in love hopefully we'll get everything this concept has hopefully

:rocks: ]
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #191
Housemaster
I know everything............... EVER!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post

Well I suggest he is a load more informed and with much more insight than you my friend. Read what he said again, it's clear to see the basis of his statement, and he is basing his comments on fact not conjecture or what he thinks based on 500 other poorly informed know alls postings on forums like this. Some of us have owned many M3's and CSL's from new and contributed to much more informed sites than this one seems (on first exposure) over many years, we tend to know who speaks from solid foundations based on their track record of 'getting it right'....

Oh come back BM3W, im getting wound up already. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #192
mav
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4 ZCP

With the exception of the mirrors, I love it!
      03-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #193
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housemaster View Post
Well I suggest he is a load more informed and with much more insight than you my friend. Read what he said again, it's clear to see the basis of his statement, and he is basing his comments on fact not conjecture or what he thinks based on 500 other poorly informed know alls postings on forums like this. Some of us have owned many M3's and CSL's from new and contributed to much more informed sites than this one seems (on first exposure) over many years, we tend to know who speaks from solid foundations based on their track record of 'getting it right'....

He speaks from facts about his immense knowledge of the M3 Concept Car...?
Did I get that right? Since all the facts ARE out about the car.
Right....nice point.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #194
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:

"he", who is "he", or do you mean, "HE", you mean GOD? Awesome. If he's on here, can I ask him what the plan is with those mirrors?

My comment wasn't directed to one particular person, there are many sharing the opinion it is a CSL.

Signed,
Poorly informed know alls.

PS. Your "much more informed sites" are missing you.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #195
Woms
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 130

Quote:

Me too old bean.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #196
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
So that's Space Gray right? Whenever I see Space gray, it's more of a solid gray. It didn't have that depth, reflectivity making it appear silver in some lights as it does in the press photos form the E92 and E92 M3 releases.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #197
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
He speaks from facts about his immense knowledge of the M3 Concept Car...?
Did I get that right? Since all the facts ARE out about the car.
Right....nice point.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #198
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
So that's Space Gray right? Whenever I see Space gray, it's more of a solid gray. It didn't have that depth, reflectivity making it appear silver in some lights as it does in the press photos form the E92 and E92 M3 releases.
It's Chrome Shadow. The E46 M3 concept and the M5 concept had the same finish.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread