BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

09-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 SSII F82 ZCP

New fish! Just introducing myself

Hey guys!

I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now and I finally decided I should join and at least introduce myself.

The name's Daniel and I currently reside in Los Angeles. I'm 19 years old (as of last week =D) and I've been obsessed with M3's for as long as I can remember. Hell, back in high school I bought an M3 badge and used guerilla glue as an adhesive to attach it over the "Jansport" logo on my backpack. Yep, I was rockin' a one of a kind M3 backpack! Haha.

I currently drive a 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe. It's not quite an M3 yet, but I'm getting there. Although, that car was purchased by my parents so I'm not all that proud of it. Trying to save up for the M3 on my own. I'm pretty good with computers and run a little on-site tech support business so I've been saving up pretty well. Already got upwards of $20,000 stowed away. So if all goes well I should be joining your ranks by either MY2010 or MY2011.

Dream~

e92 AW/Fox Red Extended 6MT
Carbon Fiber
Premium
Tech
19"
EDC
Sound
HD
iPod
Satellite

So yeah that's pretty much it. Hope I receive a warm welcome into the community .

Cheers!

P.S. If any of you guys in the greater Los Angeles area ever got any Mac or PC problems, I'd be more than welcome to come fix em for you pro bono. Believe me, it would be more than worth it just for a chance to see that beautiful e9X in the garage!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
JBJ
Sports Car Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Welcome to the forum. I gotta warn you, it's like crack!!! You will be addicted!

I live in L.A. too and hopefully I'll see you driving around.
      09-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

6MT eh? You're alright then jokes aside, welcome
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
ericlikescars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: murder.

Welcome man. It's all possible man.
I'm 18 years old, Work full time, and run an online bussiness.

In two weeks I should have my AW E92 M3, and I'm pretty sure I'll be the youngest on the forum to have one.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlikescars View Post
and I'm pretty sure I'll be the youngest on the forum to have one.
You had to throw that in as if it's an accomplishment? lol Alright here I'll make it worth the time you took to include that for no reason. "OMG NO WAY...SERIOUSLY????? YOU ARE COOOL"

If you are like that on a forum where practically everyone has an m3, I'd hate to see how you are among your peers and other people.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey man relax. I'm pretty sure he said that because I mentioned I was nineteen. If anything I think he should be proud. He's obviously very mature and successful for his age to be able to afford a car like that based on his income alone.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MBB/SO X5M Comp

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
You had to throw that in as if it's an accomplishment? lol Alright here I'll make it worth the time you took to include that for no reason. "OMG NO WAY...SERIOUSLY????? YOU ARE COOOL"

If you are like that on a forum where practically everyone has an m3, I'd hate to see how you are among your peers and other people.
I don't think he was trying to brag about being a young one. I think he was just stating a fact. Besides, how many people have their own business by the time they are 18. Props to him. I know how much work it is at 18 to run your own business because I do the same
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Welcome....

20G's? make sure that is invested safely...or re-invest in your business..turn it into more!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #9
Dan73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ↑ Not that ↑

Quote:

Don't be an ass because you couldn't get a nice car at that age.

If he get a M3 at that age on his own I think he has a right to brag a little, even if I didn't even consider that a brag.

I'm 19 and probably going to take Pharmacy Tech classes which are only a few months to complete, while I go to school to become a pharmacist, and hopefully soon I will be able to make a little money with a online business, all to get a 335i or 135i, a M3 would be my dream.
      09-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post
Don't be an ass because you couldn't get a nice car at that age.

If he get a M3 at that age on his own I think he has a right to brag a little, even if I didn't even consider that a brag.
LOL Well I didn't wanna be like him and brag but since you think I couldn't, I'll tell you. I'm 22 and this is my second M3 and third bmw. I had an e46 m3 at the age of 18. So please don't tell me I'm being an ass because I couldn't afford things at his age. Or did you automatically assume I was in my 40's?. Nice try though.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari6891 View Post
I don't think he was trying to brag about being a young one. I think he was just stating a fact. Besides, how many people have their own business by the time they are 18. Props to him. I know how much work it is at 18 to run your own business because I do the same
Stating a fact? I don't see some 60 year old on here stating that he's the oldest person on here with an m3. Let's not kid each other here.

Remember the maturity post we were having a while back about that dude in his m5 that killed his 4 buddies? About young guys having cars like this and how it was a bad idea? I was defending them saying as long as they're mature it's all good. He might not be immature, but stating what he did shows that he's experiencing pride and "look I'm 18 and i have an m3" attitude. When I had my m at 18 I was the exact opposite of that and knock on wood 0 speeding tickets. I just hope that he won't end up getting influenced and do something stupid.... that's all. So if you're reading this... PLEASE be careful when you get your car my friend.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
Welcome....

20G's? make sure that is invested safely...or re-invest in your business..turn it into more!
To be honest it's not invested in anything. Always was really good with computers and really bad in finances. That is just money that I have set aside. I was actually thinking about investing it in stocks but with the daily fluctuations and bankruptcies in today's market I'm not sure if that's
a good idea. As far as my business I'm just a one man word of mouth army. Honestly I only do it for the M .

But if you have any advice I'm all ears. Obviously everybody on here is successful so I trust most of you know what you're doing haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #13
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djMpower View Post
To be honest it's not invested in anything. Always was really good with computers and really bad in finances. That is just money that I have set aside. I was actually thinking about investing it in stocks but with the daily fluctuations and bankruptcies in today's market I'm not sure if that's
a good idea. As far as my business I'm just a one man word of mouth army. Honestly I only do it for the M .

But if you have any advice I'm all ears. Obviously everybody on here is successful so I trust most of you know what you're doing haha.
Your choice of investment strategy is entirely up to you, I made a decent amount of money when I was 19 (im only 24 now) and just kept it invested in the correct assets given the economic status of the time, most of them being liquid (easily transferrable into cash) and some being much longer term investments (illiquid), the fundamental ideology though is: just be smart with your money, you have a great foundation to build your wealth business, and get your M3!

Best of luck
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
Quote:
Stating a fact? I don't see some 60 year old on here stating that he's the oldest person on here with an m3. Let's not kid each other here.

Remember the maturity post we were having a while back about that dude in his m5 that killed his 4 buddies? About young guys having cars like this and how it was a bad idea? I was defending them saying as long as they're mature it's all good. He might not be immature, but stating what he did shows that he's experiencing pride and "look I'm 18 and i have an m3" attitude. When I had my m at 18 I was the exact opposite of that and knock on wood 0 speeding tickets. I just hope that he won't end up getting influenced and do something stupid.... that's all. So if you're reading this... PLEASE be careful when you get your car my friend.

bro im 18 and i was also defending the mature young kids...check the thread again
I'm just saying... I dont think he was bragging...I just think he made a statement about how young he is and how anything is possible at a young age because of how the OP has not reached his goal of driving an M
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #15
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
bro im 18 and i was also defending the mature young kids...check the thread again
I'm just saying... I dont think he was bragging...I just think he made a statement about how young he is and how anything is possible at a young age because of how the OP has not reached his goal of driving an M
I see what you are saying. However, don't you think he would have said something like oh I'm 18 and I have one so its doable. Instead of I think I'm gonna be the youngest person with an m3 on this forum. You see where I'm coming from? Anyways, I've made my point and dont want to start anything. So everyone, be safe and remember you bought this car for yourself not for other people to know you have it.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

and keep perpetuating the stereotype. perhaps clarkson needs to revise his thought that m3 drivers arent for cocks anymore
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #17
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
geeeeez. . .this thread has gone south, quick. . .welcome djMpower! take pics of your current whip and throw 'em up. . .might as well bring this thread back on track.
      09-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #18
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
yes
were on even grounds and yes this thread is about welcoming a new member
Lets see the 03 G
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #19
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
yes
were on even grounds and yes this thread is about welcoming a new member
Lets see the 03 G
Yeah just because its not an m3 or a bmw doesn't mean we dont wanna see it. Post em up man . We're car enthusiasts not m3 only enthusiast. We'd love to see some pix.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #20
ericlikescars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: murder.

Quote:
I see what you are saying. However, don't you think he would have said something like oh I'm 18 and I have one so its doable. Instead of I think I'm gonna be the youngest person with an m3 on this forum. You see where I'm coming from? Anyways, I've made my point and dont want to start anything. So everyone, be safe and remember you bought this car for yourself not for other people to know you have it.
Wow dude, so much for maturity right? I'm pretty sure I said that if not better. I said I'm young as well, and that anything is possible. The dude sounded just like me, an M3 enthusiast that has dreamed of one at a young age. And I was just making a statement that with hard work anything is possible. I would hate for him to not pursure his dream of an M just because of his age.

Thanks for being a tool.
Oh sorry I forgot about maturity. I'm sure your a very nice guy.

Well hey man, I hope you get your M3 soon! Thats awesome you know computers like that at 19, my uncles a computer technician but hes been studying for years! You'll have that dream BMW soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #21
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

Hello, its great to see you working hard to achieve your dreams! I'm sure you'll get your M3 in no time! Cheers and welcome to the M3post!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #22
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlikescars View Post
Wow dude, so much for maturity right? I'm pretty sure I said that if not better. I said I'm young as well, and that anything is possible. The dude sounded just like me, an M3 enthusiast that has dreamed of one at a young age. And I was just making a statement that with hard work anything is possible. I would hate for him to not pursure his dream of an M just because of his age.

Thanks for being a tool.
Oh sorry I forgot about maturity. I'm sure your a very nice guy.

Sigh. I dont even wanna begin telling you the points that you are missing. I'm going to let it go and hope you will read slowly what I said to ferrarixxx in my last post to him. That's that goodnight.
Appreciate 0