BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

05-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
335rocket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i sport

GTA4 has a lot of gliches

maybe its just my copy of the game, but for the past few weeks Ive had it, Ive noticed a ton of gliches and errors on the graphics. Few examples:

buildings and other objects seem to appear as you move closer to them.

guard rails, balconies on buildings, street lights, lights on bridges etc..

also, sometimes when Im driving, the street will seem very smooth and not detailed, almost like a gray blur, then all of a sudden, the definition will appear.

also when I park infront of a building to pick someone up and the camera focuses on the person walking out, details on the building will appear one at a time. balconies, windows, tables out side, etc... Its weird. I hope you all know what Im talking about. I just feel for the next generation video game graphics, these errors should not occur
      05-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

I had the same problem when I didnt have my hard drive connected >.>
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocket View Post
maybe its just my copy of the game, but for the past few weeks Ive had it, Ive noticed a ton of gliches and errors on the graphics. Few examples:

buildings and other objects seem to appear as you move closer to them.

It is called pop in...and it is typical on such a large environment with zero loading screens.... it is slighlty better on the PS3 version....(play something like mass effect and you will really see it....)

guard rails, balconies on buildings, street lights, lights on bridges etc..

(not totally uncommon) just look as the size again, they have to make some mistakes....nothing in the world is perfect....

also, sometimes when Im driving, the street will seem very smooth and not detailed, almost like a gray blur, then all of a sudden, the definition will appear.

Yet again Pop in...VERY common...the price you pay for no loading screens....

also when I park infront of a building to pick someone up and the camera focuses on the person walking out, details on the building will appear one at a time. balconies, windows, tables out side, etc... Its weird. I hope you all know what Im talking about. I just feel for the next generation video game graphics, these errors should not occur

I guarantee you that you will find errors on the PS6 and the xbox 900(you will be complaining that their eyebrows have too many hairs or the guns are not the right color... or some BS...) ....nothing is perfect and you have things you will have to sacrifice something no matter what game you play on what system....

but if you really don't like the pop in....get the ps3 version...it is (slightly better), if you already have the ps3 version....nothing you can do....
-Richard
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

and you were expecting otherwise from such a large environment?

if you were to look into how these are developed...your opinion would be quite the opposite
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
335rocket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i sport

yeah that makes sense. At least I know its not that my game is difective
      06-04-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
honestly think about the mass data that has to be produced. Having the ps3 render all the items in the game at the same time would make it explode. Too many things to render at one time. You see this a lot in a bunch of games like Halo, WoW, and GT4 just to name a few.
      06-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Runs smoothly for me on PS3. As for buildings appearing, there is only so much rendering that can be done in the horizon before you approach, with the processing power we have. It's pretty good compared to what we've had to deal with in the past.
Appreciate 0