BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM
Closed Thread

08-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
LAKESHOW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BSM M4

MALEK @ MRF Engineering

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a quick review on Malek @ MRF.

A little backstory: I was constantly emailing Malek about various products and how to get my car to look the specific way that I wanted. Not once did Malek brush me off but rather he constantly kept in contact and followed up to make sure if there was anything he could help with.

Once I found a used set of coilovers, Malek was the first one that I got in contact. I've read the reviews on the shop and his precision and attention to detail and he surpassed my expectations. The shop is clean and extremely well taken care of. This is one of the first signs I look for in a shop. The shop's cleanliness and Malek's clean installs go hand-in-hand.

Malek makes you feel at home at his shop and answers every question thoroughly. Super stand up guy, which is really hard to find these days in the automotive world. Malek's prices are more than fair and he is open about everything. He let me watch the coilover install and was nice enough to give my friend and I some waters and made sure we were taken care of.

I originally came in for a coilover and spacer installation with an alignment but stopped by on my way to the shop to pick up a performance spoiler. I did not mention this to Malek but he gladly installed it without hesitation and with the utmost detail. He treats your car as if it is his own and I'm glad I came to his shop. He was also able to install a couple of other small items and stayed an hour past shop closing to make sure I was completely satisfied with everything.

I would extremely recommend Malek with any of your automotive needs. He exceeded every expectation I had coming to his shop and now I have added his shop the small handful that I would completely trust touching my car. I left the shop with the biggest smile on my face and could not be happier
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

that is awesome man, good to hear MRF upholding their core values. Never been disappointed by MRF myself, and each time I personally go, I am amazed at his unflinching work ethic...

to MRF
      08-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Malek is very knowledgeable, and is a perfectionist. Good to hear that you dealt with him.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Malek is very knowledgeable, and is a perfectionist. Good to hear that you dealt with him.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Malek is the man.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
OCKlasse
Rep
Drives: CL55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB_S2K View Post
Malek is the man.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Malek is good, and his attention to detail is great as well. I'd definitely take my car back to his shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I've dealt with Malek once before some time ago to get an alignment. That went ok. He wasn't rude or anything at that time.

I then called him about 3weeks ago around noon asking if he could do a simple exhaust swap. He told me no, that he was busy and to set an appointment for another day. I told him I wanted it done that day so I would let him know because if I can't get it done that day, I might just do it myself. I ended up going to EAS 30 minutes later. No harm no foul against him. I understand he has other things to do.

Well I didn't like my new exhaust and since I work close to MRF, I thought I would at least give him a chance for the business. I figured he might be busy, or not even at his shop, but I thought I would at least offer my business.

So I call, he answers, I explain what I want and he asks when? I saw sooner the better or ill probably do it myself this weekend. He then tells me I can't until 5pm. Again, I understand he's got other things to do. I'm not asking anyone to do me any favors.

At that point I told him, thanks, but that's to late for me and that I'll try him another time. Again I was just looking for a quick solution that might have worked for us.

Well, Malek doesn't like my no thank you to 5pm and had the nerve to say...

"You've called me a lot ( twice in the last month is not a lot, especially when offering you business) and I would think you might have learned by now!" In a arrogant and condescending tone. Learned what? That you don't know how treat potential customers!

So I guess I'm an asshole for politely asking of you have any open slots in the next hour? No Malek, you ARE an asshole!

So I told him "ok, sorry I bothered you"and hung up.

I'll NEVER offer him my business again. I'll never suggest him to anyone. And I hope he goes out of business. You don't talk to customers like that PERIOD.
      03-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Malek help me tackle my KW SLEEVE install, gave me a couple pointer and helpful
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Wasn't there some major scandal with this guy a while back? I thought I read something on here about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Wasn't there some major scandal with this guy a while back? I thought I read something on here about it.
?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Helped me out big time with my alignment specs.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There was no scandal at all, Malek is an upstanding guy and the rumors you may have heard originated from a false source under unanalyzed circumstances.
      03-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9
Quote:
There was no scandal at all, Malek is an upstanding guy and the rumors you may have heard originated from a false source under unanalyzed circumstances.
Upstanding... My ass. He's an arrogant prick.
      03-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
Pegasus
Banned
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
ttbullet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9
Quote:
Upstanding... My ass. He's an arrogant prick.
I have dealt with malek and he is pretty upfront. Have called and texted him numerous times and always had a quick and courteous response. His prices are very reasonable as compared to some of the other dealers.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #17
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
I've dealt with Malek once before some time ago to get an alignment. That went ok. He wasn't rude or anything at that time.

I then called him about 3weeks ago around noon asking if he could do a simple exhaust swap. He told me no, that he was busy and to set an appointment for another day. I told him I wanted it done that day so I would let him know because if I can't get it done that day, I might just do it myself. I ended up going to EAS 30 minutes later. No harm no foul against him. I understand he has other things to do.

Well I didn't like my new exhaust and since I work close to MRF, I thought I would at least give him a chance for the business. I figured he might be busy, or not even at his shop, but I thought I would at least offer my business.

So I call, he answers, I explain what I want and he asks when? I saw sooner the better or ill probably do it myself this weekend. He then tells me I can't until 5pm. Again, I understand he's got other things to do. I'm not asking anyone to do me any favors.

At that point I told him, thanks, but that's to late for me and that I'll try him another time. Again I was just looking for a quick solution that might have worked for us.

Well, Malek doesn't like my no thank you to 5pm and had the nerve to say...

"You've called me a lot ( twice in the last month is not a lot, especially when offering you business) and I would think you might have learned by now!" In a arrogant and condescending tone. Learned what? That you don't know how treat potential customers!

So I guess I'm an asshole for politely asking of you have any open slots in the next hour? No Malek, you ARE an asshole!

So I told him "ok, sorry I bothered you"and hung up.

I'll NEVER offer him my business again. I'll never suggest him to anyone. And I hope he goes out of business. You don't talk to customers like that PERIOD.
Don,

First off, let me extend an apology for how you may have perceived this entire thing.

Unfortunately, your post/complaint is not truthful by any means.

Here are the facts:

1) You called me yesterday at 12:30PM asking me if I could install an exhaust for you right at that moment. Your very question was: "Hey Malek, it's Don. I know you aren't busy these days, so would you have time to install an exhaust for me right now? I can swing by within a few minutes."

2) My answer to you was, that I could not do it at that very moment and the soonest I would be able to get to your car would be around 5PM. Reason? We do have other cars with customers waiting for their jobs to be done. As a business, I cannot stop doing what I am doing for others that had prior appointments and their vehicles are already being worked on to tackle another job in the middle. You were never denied service, you were given a time availability that did not work for you. I am sorry that time isn't convenient for you, but at that moment, that is the soonest I could have tackled your exhaust installation.

3) You proceeded to say that you may tackle it yourself since you are in a time crunch. I then proceeded to ask you, "Don, I thought you would have swapped it by now since the last time we spoke." Under no circumstance could you expect me to have known that this is the SECOND time you are changing out your exhaust system in 3 weeks. You then proceeded to interrupt me, and stated "sorry for wasting your time" in the middle of my sentence. I was greatly offended by the hang up, and I was extremely offended by one of the first things you said on the phone: "I know you aren't busy these days". As stated earlier in this post, we have an obligation to doing things in a logical order and to take care of things in a prioritized manner. I cannot under any circumstance stop what I am doing. If you would have been more flexible, I would have tackled the job for you even after shop hours.

The work, dedication to excellence, perfection and quality that comes out of MRF speaks for itself. It always has and I am confident many can vouch for this. I am sorry I could not have been of more help to you.

-Malek
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, G82 M4

Quote:
There has been no scandal involving me or my company. If there has been, I clearly am not aware of it. We pride ourselves on being honest, straight forward, knowledgeable and moral.

There will always be individuals making claims against people or companies that are not true.

Have a great weekend gentlemen. The weather is beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus
Check your shit bro, did you not see the signed work order? Again, false accusations.
      03-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #20
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek View Post
Don,

First off, let me extend an apology for how you may have perceived this entire thing.

Unfortunately, your post/complaint is not truthful by any means.

Here are the facts:

1) You called me yesterday at 12:30PM asking me if I could install an exhaust for you right at that moment. Your very question was: "Hey Malek, it's Don. I know you aren't busy these days, so would you have time to install an exhaust for me right now? I can swing by within a few minutes."

2) My answer to you was, that I could not do it at that very moment and the soonest I would be able to get to your car would be around 5PM. Reason? We do have other cars with customers waiting for their jobs to be done. As a business, I cannot stop doing what I am doing for others that had prior appointments and their vehicles are already being worked on to tackle another job in the middle. You were never denied service, you were given a time availability that did not work for you. I am sorry that time isn't convenient for you, but at that moment, that is the soonest I could have tackled your exhaust installation.

3) You proceeded to say that you may tackle it yourself since you are in a time crunch. I then proceeded to ask you, "Don, I thought you would have swapped it by now since the last time we spoke." Under no circumstance could you expect me to have known that this is the SECOND time you are changing out your exhaust system in 3 weeks. You then proceeded to interrupt me, and stated "sorry for wasting your time" in the middle of my sentence. I was greatly offended by the hang up, and I was extremely offended by one of the first things you said on the phone: "I know you aren't busy these days". As stated earlier in this post, we have an obligation to doing things in a logical order and to take care of things in a prioritized manner. I cannot under any circumstance stop what I am doing. If you would have been more flexible, I would have tackled the job for you even after shop hours.

The work, dedication to excellence, perfection and quality that comes out of MRF speaks for itself. It always has and I am confident many can vouch for this. I am sorry I could not have been of more help to you.

-Malek
WOW!

Are you for real? Are you honestly going to sit there and make this crap up? You are a dam liar! For you to make that entire statement up speaks VOLUMES about your character. I cant believe you would flat out lie rather than own up and just say sorry you acted like a dick. You have to live with yourself, not me, so this is all on you man.

If you want to get the whole store play by play, then I will give it.

1st, I called you like 3 weeks ago to put a gintani exhaust one for me. At the time you said, you had no time that day. Then asked me what day works for me. I said, I want it done ASAP, so Im going to call around and if I dont find anything that day, I would call you back. Im sorry, but if I can get it done same day, then Im not interested in scheduling something a day or days later. And I was flat out honest with you telling you I was in a rush to get that sucker one. Am I a asshole for wanting same day service? No. But because I didnt wait for you, you acted like I was a dick that day.

So when I had enough of the gintani, i almost didnt want to call you because of how you made me feel for not waiting for you when I asked you to install the gintani 3 weeks earlier. But I did because for some reason, I felt like I should give you and your one man shop a chance to earn some money.

When I called the second time, I said, "Hey Malek, its Don. I know you MIGHT be busy (remembering how you made me feel last call I made) but do you by chance have any time to swap my exhaust for me?" And you said no, not until 5PM. I said, NO problem. I understand thank you, but I'll probably go home and install it myself by then." Since I was off work that day early, I had no problem doing it myself since I was already off work.. But again, I figured I would give you a shot. And when I passed for a 2nd time of schedules not working for either of us, is when you said " YOU call me a lot! I thought you would have learned by now!" in that rude ass condescending tone you gave me. That's when I paused to gather composure and simply said, "sorry I bothered you" and hung up. You're lucky I didn't drive to your shop and really tell you how I felt! You're a coward to lie like that Malek. A coward!

Which based on the TRUTH of what was said between us would probably mean that I should have known better to bother you with something like this since you are so so very busy and that I need to take a number wait. It would make sense right. I mean, you do walk around acting like you are some god to BMW right?

The fact of the matter is, you got pissed that I've called twice and turned down your some other day the first time i called or end of the day 5pm slot the last time I called. That's why you acted like a dick Malek.

Well, as a customer, I have the right to shop around. If your too busy, or not even at your shop (which is what I suspect is REALLY what the issues are) then I don't have to wait for you. I could go to a dam muffler shop and have it swapped in 30 minutes. But I was trying to offer YOU business. Something I will NEVER do again.

You just lied through your teeth and showed your true colors Malek. Its no wonder the Lexus forums hate you. Its no wonder everyone warned me not to go to you for my alignment. And its no wonder why I've gotten so many PMs from others telling me your a lair. Because you are!

Your little story doesn't even make sense! Who calls a one man shop to insult the owner while asking for help at the same time? That makes a lot of sense right? You're a piece of work.
      03-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #21
Pegasus
Banned
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Your little store doesn't even make sense! Who calls a one man shop to insult the owner while asking for help at the same time?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Time to bust out the phone records to see what really went down
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread