BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

04-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #23
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Cheat
When i took tests there was no way to cheat, they put us in this massive room with tons of coumputers(you take the test on computer) and there were 50 cameras in there...you culdnt bring anything into the room, and they have mods walking around lol
      04-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
When i took tests there was no way to cheat, they put us in this massive room with tons of coumputers(you take the test on computer) and there were 50 cameras in there...you culdnt bring anything into the room, and they have mods walking around lol
I think I saw a story where they have these kids you can pay to take your test. Professional test takers I believe they call them.

I'm being completely serious btw... I think for someone that doesn't test well but excels at learning in general and everything else, this is a good option for getting into a good school because otherwise schools are missing out on good students based on the fact they simply don't test well. In this case, it's near the end of school and hence kind of a different means so I don't know. If in the end, you still attain your degree, it's not going to have a score on it right? Getting in (depending on school) seems to be the real challenge. Once in.. just make sure you get the paper.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #25
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
I think I saw a story where they have these kids you can pay to take your test. Professional test takers I believe they call them.

I'm being completely serious btw... I think for someone that doesn't test well but excels at learning in general and everything else, this is a good option for getting into a good school because otherwise schools are missing out on good students based on the fact they simply don't test well. In this case, it's near the end of school and hence kind of a different means so I don't know. If in the end, you still attain your degree, it's not going to have a score on it right? Getting in (depending on school) seems to be the real challenge. Once in.. just make sure you get the paper.

A test is meant to simulate real world conditions where you need to apply knowledge to problems/situations you encounter. If you can't apply your knowledge on the spot when you need to, you don't really know the material. Saying "I don't test well, but I really do know the material" is just bogus, since if you actually knew the material the test would be no problem. If you have some kind of performance anxiety, then that's a problem you need to solve. If the ER doc can't apply his/her knowledge when they rush you in with multiple crush injuries from your rolled M3, then you're SOL. Cheating is not the solution.

If you are going to college just to "get the paper," then you are massively missing the point of college. You should be there to learn and grow intellectually. If you cheat your way through, you'll get caught eventually, whether that's getting caught actually cheating or getting fired (or never hired) for not knowing what the hell you're doing.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #26
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post

A test is meant to simulate real world conditions where you need to apply knowledge to problems/situations you encounter. If you can't apply your knowledge on the spot when you need to, you don't really know the material. Saying "I don't test well, but I really do know the material" is just bogus, since if you actually knew the material the test would be no problem. If you have some kind of performance anxiety, then that's a problem you need to solve. If the ER doc can't apply his/her knowledge when they rush you in with multiple crush injuries from your rolled M3, then you're SOL. Cheating is not the solution.

If you are going to college just to "get the paper," then you are massively missing the point of college. You should be there to learn and grow intellectually. If you cheat your way through, you'll get caught eventually, whether that's getting caught actually cheating or getting fired (or never hired) for not knowing what the hell you're doing.
Huge +1 to this, couldn't have put it better.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Kinda sad I am making this post now that since I am graduating next semester xD.

Anyone have tips on how to study for test? I feel really dumb because tests always bring my grade down. I am a very studious student. I have never skipped class, take notes, and always do my homework. In almost all of my classes my grades are 100% homework, 100% quizes, but then my test average are always low like 80's. I end up making A's in most of my courses anyways, but I feel like I am putting in wayyy to much effort as opposed to everyone else.

It seems little things always kill me. I think i have really bad memory. On our test today, everything was going pretty well, until I completely forgot the mass of an electron. Because of this, I couldn't do 3 problems completely. Once again, I am probably going to make around an 80 over something so stupid and little.

Like I said, I always do my homework. One of the questions on our test was directly the same problem from the homework. I do the homework by myself, didn't copy, yet on the test I completely forgot how to do it even though I did it less then a week ago.

I normally study 6-10 hours for a test, yet my friends/classmates do just as well as me with only 2-3 hours of studying.

Its starting to make me really mad : <. I have a test tomorrow and my morale is down because I did so bad on my test today even though I studied the entire weekend x[
Low 80's isn't a bad grade, sometimes it's silly mistakes that you make. What you need to assess is where you are going wrong. Are you having trouble understanding the information or trouble applying it to questions? Did you know the answer, but just made a dumb mistake in understanding the question that made you get it wrong?

Secondly always study things twice.... itt's something new to me actually haha. All through high school and undergrad I would hit the library 2 hours before a test and cram and memorize things like a madman... it worked for passing, but not for having knowledge. Even through med school I never read the same page or sentence twice... once through like a story book and DONE!

Recently for board exams I started reading it through once super fast like I used to and then going back to it later and filling in the gaps... it has worked wonders and I feel like I can recite full textbooks and explain things like a professor.

Another tip is when studying to organize what you are studying into your brain. Use flow charts diagrams with arrows and always have a pen and piece of paper beside you to brainstorm your thoughts. I like to simplify concepts into my own writing and style and then store that image of that writing into my brain. I also like to split info into groups of 3's... memorizing a list of 6 is a LOTTTT harder than memorizing 2 lists of 3. If you need more info split the 3's ex:

1)
2)
3)

1) A) B) C)

Split everything down by threes and try to make a flow chart of the information.

LET ME TELL YOU THOUGH, IF YOU ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL YOU ARE GOLD!! All the people who studied 2-3 hours and did well in high school got POUNDED ON in undergrad studies because sometimes it's not about how smart you are anymore your score becomes a direct correlation with the amount of time you put in. If you are putting in that much time to study eventually those study habits and the ability to push yourself that hard will pay off in great dividends.

I've never studied as much as you and I have gotten through undergrad and half of medical school.... so you are good to go don't worry.
Just work on test taking abilities and do a lot of practice questions before your tests. Don't do them with your books open or in groups of 5 questions etc.... you need to simulate real test like conditions in order to condition your brain to have better test taking abilities.

I can go on forever about this kinda stuff, shoot me a PM if you need anything and goodluck in your studies!
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #28
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
A way for me to remember stuff is to write it down. I can reas something a million times and not remember it. But once I write it down, I'm golden. I have a notebook just for studying for exams. I read the chapter, write everything down I need to know and review it the next day. For the stuff that I really need to know, I take a 3 x 5 note card and make a cheat sheet. I write little and cram everything important on to one side of that note card. I don't use it on the exam but my brain takes a mental picture of it and I can tell you what's on it. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

The only way to perform good on test day is to repeat things over and over and over. If it's a math class or physics class, do equations until your hand cramps up. If it's a bio or other non-equation based class, read important concepts or facts as many times as u need to for it to stick.

Last edited by TiAg335i; 04-12-2012 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Haha... Nice guys. I'm sticking with cheat.

You know I'm joking right? Jeeebus with all the courage under fire sh*t! Lol
Appreciate 0