BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

11-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep
Drives: BMW (E92) M3 & 2004 JCW MCS

Garage List
Question Vorsteiner Exhaust System Insight

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased a Vorstiner Titanium Exhaust system and am waiting to fit the system onto my E92 M3 upon my return home from work trip next weekend. I am a little curious and want to ask if anyone has heard of any High-flow cat down-pipes under development.

Example:
On my previous (B7) Audi S4 Advant and current (R53) JCW MCS, I fitted the Milltek 100cell high flow cats and non-resonated Cat Back.

Anything similar to that extent? I have read that some guys have chopped off the secondary CAT for the claim of improved flow and performance however i am just curious if there is an better alternative than cost effective chopping.

open to suggestions and opinions.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Early congrats on the new Vorsteiner Ti system Active Autowerke has a high flow 200 cell pipes coming out soon. The pipes will delete the secondary cats and will be much lighter than the OEM. If you need any help feel free to pm me.
      11-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Early congrats on the new Vorsteiner Ti system Active Autowerke has a high flow 200 cell pipes coming out soon. The pipes will delete the secondary cats and will be much lighter than the OEM. If you need any help feel free to pm me.
sweet mate... i am definitely gonna keep my eyes and ears tuned in for that. what's the expected price on those babies?

Are gains going to be noticeable? I'm keen on getting my ECU flash but not too keen on unplugging and couriering back-forth.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

How many cats are there on the M3?

Many BMW's have 2 right after the headers/down pipes, and then another 2 further down.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
My exhaust came with high-flow cats.
Showoff

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous M View Post
Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased a Vorstiner Titanium Exhaust system and am waiting to fit the system onto my E92 M3 upon my return home from work trip next weekend. I am a little curious and want to ask if anyone has heard of any High-flow cat down-pipes under development.

Example:
On my previous (B7) Audi S4 Advant and current (R53) JCW MCS, I fitted the Milltek 100cell high flow cats and non-resonated Cat Back.

Anything similar to that extent? I have read that some guys have chopped off the secondary CAT for the claim of improved flow and performance however i am just curious if there is an better alternative than cost effective chopping.

open to suggestions and opinions.
How much is the E92 M3 in Brunei anyways since its tax free?
      11-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
My exhaust came with high-flow cats.
      12-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrap View Post
How much is the E92 M3 in Brunei anyways since its tax free?
Mate... there are only two E92 M3s in Brunei... 1 coupe in AW and 1 sedan in Silverstone II.

I tell you these cars are soo overpriced here compared to anywhere else in the world despite the minimal tax. The previous owner paid USD135k. yea i am not kidding you. ridiculous huh

I bought my second hand with 5000km on the clock after 11months @ a super bargain. Lets put the bargain into perspective, Sold my 2005 Audi S4 advant dumped with Oettinger kit, Full Milltek exhausts inclusive of manifolds, APR Carbonio Intake, MTM firmware upgrade and topped up 10k to buy the ///M3. The previous owner decided to rid of the M3 cos he was making way for the Audi R8.

I didn't complain cos i finally got hold of a true icon...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous M View Post
Mate... there are only two E92 M3s in Brunei... 1 coupe in AW and 1 sedan in Silverstone II.

I tell you these cars are soo overpriced here compared to anywhere else in the world despite the minimal tax. The previous owner paid USD135k. yea i am not kidding you. ridiculous huh

I bought my second hand with 5000km on the clock after 11months @ a super bargain. Lets put the bargain into perspective, Sold my 2005 Audi S4 advant dumped with Oettinger kit, Full Milltek exhausts inclusive of manifolds, APR Carbonio Intake, MTM firmware upgrade and topped up 10k to buy the ///M3. The previous owner decided to rid of the M3 cos he was making way for the Audi R8.

I didn't complain cos i finally got hold of a true icon...
LOL! Singapore is way worse for the price of cars. I bought mine at about USD250k then. Schucks. Makes me wonder how the Sultan of Brunei has probably every single car on earth.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #10
Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
LOL! Singapore is way worse for the price of cars. I bought mine at about USD250k then. Schucks. Makes me wonder how the Sultan of Brunei has probably every single car on earth.
haha... i so agree mate... I reckon the COE is pricey no? Oh well... in my books i still see my M as being literally new. haha... hardly even driven.

Was in HK for a month's work attachment and I have to say, cars there are ridiculously price compared to Sg, KL and Bru.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
man if Maui is a small confined place to drive an M3, Singapore must be ridiculous. Do you take you car on some super highway in Malaysia or is there a straight stretch of road somewhere in Singapore... I haven't been there in ten years, but from what I remember, an M3 would and could not be much fun there.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #12
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtom3 View Post
man if Maui is a small confined place to drive an M3, Singapore must be ridiculous. Do you take you car on some super highway in Malaysia or is there a straight stretch of road somewhere in Singapore... I haven't been there in ten years, but from what I remember, an M3 would and could not be much fun there.
The road to Malaysia is one you can really open up. My friend in his superleggera topped 340km/hr. I have gone up once and must say the M's miracle lies in the upper band where at higher speeds, it just keeps going and going. There is no place in Singapore to drive this car. I hardly ever see any of the shift lights work here. Thats how constrained this place is here.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0