BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
RS Audis coming to North America Soon!!

Canadian firm Horchaus has begun importing several Audi vehicles into North America. The company is focusing on models not available in that region, including the Audi RS6 Avant, RS6 Sedan, as well as the discontinued B7 RS4 Avant.

Pricing on the Audi RS6 Avant is set at about C$115,000, or US$108,000, according to the distributor's website. That is a huge discount over the car's German retail price of €110,650, the equivalent of almost C$162,000.

"We, at horchaus, believe that the RS6 is too much of an incredible vehicle to prevent North America from enjoying its brutal power," the company says on its website. "We are currently in a strategic position to import RS6s to the North American (i.e. Canadian and American) market."

The distributor worked out an arrangement with the manufacturer for the cars to maintain their original warranties. In an agreement with Audi, the factory will modify North America-bound cars to fit U.S. inspections, eliminating third-party tuners from the mix. The vehicles are then sent to either American or Canadian ports, where they are legitimately cleared through customs as street-legal vehicles.

Horchaus serves as the Canadian distributor for German tuners MTM. The company is offering to upgrade the RS6's 5.0-liter bi-turbo aluminum V10 engine from the stock 571 hp (426 kW / 579 PS), 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) rating for C$10,000. This will boost the engine to nearly 735 hp (548 kW / 745 PS) and up to 785 Nm (579 lb-ft), cutting the 0-100 km/h sprint time by a half-second to 4.1 seconds.

The distributor has already brought two RS6 models into North America. The firm is looking into import potential for the Audi S3, and the Audi TT-RS.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

good for audi! but honestly as a BMW lover, i could care less
      02-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

That's great and all and I can't wait for the RS6 Sedan to hit the Canadian roads but what's with the delay for the S3 and TTRS? -_-; jeezzz
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
nocturnal25
Rep
Drives: lexus is350

i personally dont like audi, iv never liked there interiors much
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
The MTM RS6 is something a little special, hellish quick and subtle for those who don't want their cars to shout out just how quick they really are. Also the MTM TT-RS is one mental motor but I reckon it will appear on the face of it to be expensive for what you get but after sampled it would be a memorable experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

bring the RS5 to america now please. give us more choices
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
bring the RS5 to america now please. give us more choices
is the rs5 even out yet???
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal25 View Post
i personally dont like audi, iv never liked there interiors much
You don't hear this often. Most ppl agree that Audi has some of the best interiors in the biz...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
You don't hear this often. Most ppl agree that Audi has some of the best interiors in the biz...
i'm one of those as well. i looked at the rs4 interior and i honestly cannot see how that design is superior to the e46 m3. sure the recaro seat is nice, but everything else such as dash, etc looks pretty old/outdated and not much different than my buddy golf. another thing is that crayon smell is most audi. quality is about the same when I felt the material.

sat in the s5 and compare with the new m3 at the same car show, i though the new m3 material was off higher quality. you could feel the cheap/thin aluminum on the s5. the m3 interior wasn't as flashy, but the material quality was spot on and i like it simplicity better than the busy dash layout of the audi with all sort of button. I love the s5 recaro seat though.

another thing that really annoying is all audi from a4, s4, a5, s5, a6, s6, q7, q5, etc have the exact same layout. it appeared audi shared the same dash for all of them down to the control button. I don't quite get that. atleast differentiate them a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
is the rs5 even out yet???
not yet, but just hoping it will so we have more choices.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i'm one of those as well. i looked at the rs4 interior and i honestly cannot see how that design is superior to the e46 m3. sure the recaro seat is nice, but everything else such as dash, etc looks pretty old/outdated and not much different than my buddy golf. another thing is that crayon smell is most audi. quality is about the same when I felt the material.

sat in the s5 and compare with the new m3 at the same car show, i though the new m3 material was off higher quality. you could feel the cheap/thin aluminum on the s5. the m3 interior wasn't as flashy, but the material quality was spot on and i like it simplicity better than the busy dash layout of the audi with all sort of button. I love the s5 recaro seat though.

another thing that really annoying is all audi from a4, s4, a5, s5, a6, s6, q7, q5, etc have the exact same layout. it appeared audi shared the same dash for all of them down to the control button. I don't quite get that. atleast differentiate them a bit.
I don't like to burst someone's bubble but the X5, X6, 7 and 5 all follow the same basic dash design, buttons and now I-drive, so basically everyone is doing it, including BMW.

So what I am trying to say is your judgement may be clouded slightly.

P.S.
Having owned both the S5 and M3 I can tell you that the S5 does feel better built inside with the use of better material, try out one with the Carbon Fibre trim (the real deal too) and felt the more special to sit in. Though that said it wasn't quite as special to drive.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Thanks for the post Footie!

Seems that there will at least be something to shop against the F10 M5 besides the new E63 up here.
Appreciate 0