BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

24 Hours of 370z REVIEW

A friend and I had a 2009 Nissan 370z Touring in black for 24 hours and here is the review.

Exterior:

I was not ashamed to be in it, that is for sure. I think it is a nice looking car but there are some things I noticed and would change. The front end of the car looks nice, however the rear looks rather odd ( I understand it's replicating the Z of old ) The wheels/tires did not fit properly regarding appearance. I feel that if they were wider that it would look more natural and fill the awful 3/8ths inch overlap of the fender and quarter panel. The car as a whole in my opinion, though attractive I feel it is a bit too busy. The lines may be nice but I think it tries too hard but again that is just my opinion. I feel the 350z is the more attractive of the two simply because it is a bit toned down.

Interior:

The quality was better than the 350z however I see how it many parts were just re-dressed if you will. If the 350z interior were a woman, the 370z would be that woman in some hot skanky booty shorts instead of wal-mart jeans but in the end... it's still the same woman. The materials were improved for sure but the seats were annoying as all hell (not the fit or feel) but moving them forward of getting them to move to get whatever crap I had in the back (slowwwwwww as death).

Now to the stuff people actually give a crap about...

Braking:

The brakes were touchy, they took a second to get used to and there is not a whole lot to say about them. They were great, no fade, the peddle feel once you got used to it was intuitive and overall I have NO gripes what so ever.

Handling:

The car is planted and predictable, steering feel was excellent and this car though chattery over the rough stuff was reasonably comfortable and well mannered. It flowed nicely into hard turns, soft turns and was good for every day driving as well. On top of that, it is a very capable track competitor in the Auto X, Road Course and or Drag strip. Pick your poison

Traction:

Excellent, the VDC assists very well and unfortunately when it is off too. With the auto/paddle shift it will NOT allow you to break the rear loose, no scandinavian flick, no too much power out of 1st or 2nd outside or coming inside of a turn combination would do it... maybe I missed a cheat. This car can make an idiot look like a very good driver.

Power:

It loved every gear, more than others depending on the moment obviously but the powerband was strong and the car was surprisingly quick and did not feel like a heavy weight they claim the 350z to be. It is much improved in this department over its older but weaker brother.

OVERALL:

Would I buy one?: Probably not

I feel this is a solid package for someone who wants a sporty looking and feeling 2 seater sports car and does not care about the feedback it offers (or the lack there of). Though to some how easy it is to be fast in may be a good thing (as I stated above an idiot could be fast on a track in this car, or seem so at least) it is not my cup of tea. I feel the car does far too much for the driver and it takes away from the actual experience. The rev match feature is nice but I personally would rather do it my self. I take pride in knowing how to drive well through my experiences, screw ups and time in seat and I feel that I would be cheating myself with all these goodies.

The other part that contributes to the lack of personal interest in owning one is the sheer abundance of them in due time. Right now they turn heads, but pretty soon people will see them all the time and that will change. The car is a very good performer, it looks nice, I am sure it is reliable, it definitely is fun but it is just not my cup of tea.

Thank you all, and here she is:

gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
shaX 07
Registered
Rep
Drives: 05 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

I'm not a huge fan of the styling, I like the 350z styling better. Those headlights are just gross. I suppose the car would look much nicer with blacked out headlights, a drop and a nice set of wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Jeff231
M235i
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 X3

Cool review must have been fun to mess with the car! The rev-match feature can be turned off though so you can still revmatch yourself. Also another thing, you can find 350z's on craigslist for pretty cheap, it seems they depreciated rather quickly compared to other comparable cars. I wonder if the 370z will be the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Not a huge fan of this car but LOVE the interior comments you made lol!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Not a huge fan of this car but LOVE the interior comments you made lol!
lol, that was a great review, thanks. I'm npt sure about this new Z. Some pics it looks crap whereas other pics it looks great. I'll need to see it in real-life.
      05-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

to the OP, in regards to your comments about VDC helping when it's "off", i think you're just experiencing a car with loads of mechanical grip. hard to brake traction and make it lose its composure. it pulls consistent high .9's in the skidpad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
lol, that was a great review, thanks. I'm npt sure about this new Z. Some pics it looks crap whereas other pics it looks great. I'll need to see it in real-life.
looks great in the metal. the fenders really stand out. the back end looks much nicer with a subtle rear spoiler. it gives the fastback look some nice lift.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

i actually like the styling of this car compared to the old Z... it looks much sportier and not so fat and bulky

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
Yoshii
Major General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2008 Titanium Silver 335i

i like this z...
Appreciate 0