BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

03-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #45
bills742
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 M3, '20 323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks753 View Post
Sounds like the cars may have been transferred to the Mignon, which leaves Belgium 4/1 and arrives in NY on 4/10, but I am trying to confirm with my CA.
I just confirmed with my CA that my car which was/is on the Elektra is still on the Elektra and was not transferred to the Manon. He told me the arrival date in NJ is still the 11th as of right now.
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #46
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
My CA says the Elektra is now due into NYC on April 11th.
I'm on the SS Unstoppable, due in USA on the 10th with DCT FTW
      03-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #47
aks753
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills742 View Post
I just confirmed with my CA that my car which was/is on the Elektra is still on the Elektra and was not transferred to the Manon. He told me the arrival date in NJ is still the 11th as of right now.
I still have yet to confirm the switch with my CA, but WWL told me that Elektra is in dry dock and that the cargo was switched to Mignon. I would assume WWL would have better knowledge of its own ships, but I still do not have confirmation of this with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:19 PM   #48
BJJ_Marrom
Rep
Drives: 07 525Xi, 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
BJJ, welcome to the club. I'd love to hear our cars got transferred to another ship.

We need to get you on the DCT production roll call. There are about 12 of us on there with March DCT production.

BTW, I like your avatar.

I wish I was rich enough to charter a plane to get my car here tomorrow.
Thanks skierman... If we're not on the Mignon, perhaps we can start a forum fund to rent a tugboat to pull the Elektra across the Atlantic... If we did make it on the Mignon, let's hope they check the eletrical system before leaving Antwerp...

I'm gonna go over to the March DCT Production thread to put up my specs.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #49
goody
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335 xi

I am also on the elektra (335) and popped over to find out who else was on her.

Completely bored i did a bit of "investigation" with google earth and vessel tracker.

The first thing i noticed was that the Mignon was at the same dock that the elektra was two days ago. ( i unfortunately did not take a screenshot but i had tagged it wih google earth. Clicking the Elektra tag i saved took me directly to the Mignon)

Then i found the Elektra waiting to enter a lock just N of the Mignon. I also found some dry docks on the other side of the lock.

Here is a zoomed in shot of the Elektra and what looks like a tug waiting.

Dry Docks

Of course i could just be telling me self what i want to here: "Self, they put your car on the Mignon, its gonna set sail soon, and you will be driving it any day now!"

Here's hoping.
Appreciate 0