BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Gofast111
Rep
Drives: FAAAASSSSTTTT!!!!

Supercharged E92 M3

Found these pics and video, real interesting development from RGMotorsport.

HTML Code:
http://www.rgmotorsport.com/html/bmw_e92_m3.html
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
askiles
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

This look really cool!!

RGMotorsport’s new signature supercharged BMW E92 M3 makes its first public appearance at the Castrol Extreme Motorshow. 6 Months of solid development has just been completed and now the testing begins. RGM has released the Option 1 package which includes the Vortech V 2 T Trim polished supercharger unit which is renowned for its super quiet operation. The supercharger is driven by a 10 rib serpentine belt off a purposely manufactured crankshaft pulley. RGM has developed a 1600 CFM single core Liquid Charge Cooled plenum chamber which has a 16 litre coolant capacity of which 60% is glycol and 40% water. This purposely designed charge cooler brings down boost temperatures drastically.

The intake system has been developed to allow for a strong un-interrupted flow of air into the supercharger intake and has been manufactured from Carbon Fibre Composite materials. Dual dump/recirculation valves have been utilized and this allows for the vehicle to be extremely drivable at light throttle positions as well as to maintain boost when all out performance is required. The Dual Setrab heat exchangers have been positioned behind the front bumper so that there is no interference with the air flow to the vehicles cooling system. There are 2 high pressure electric water pumps that circulate the coolant mixture in the charge cooling system. This is a closed loop system and does not interfere with the vehicles cooling system in any way what so ever.

All tubing is manufactured from aircraft grade aluminum and is highly polished. Boost pipes are of a blue silicone nature. All water pipes for the charge cooler are Goodridge and utilize blue and red anodized fittings. Large volume injectors have replaced the standard injectors and the standard fuel pump is utilized. Fuelling and timing is controlled by 2 x Uni Q + piggy back computers and the mapping is done on RGM’s state of the art dyno. The vehicle will be transported down to Durban for sea level mapping. A purposely built cad/cam designed stainless steel exhaust system compliments this awesome vehicle with a real muscle tone.

RGM holds its head high with this Supercharged BMW E92 M3. It’s a first in South Africa as well as 100% locally designed and developed. We believe this is a product that all South Africans can be proud of as it will be pushing us to the forefront of performance design and engineering and a well deserved place on the world stage of performance products.
      12-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

This supercharger clearly hasn't gotten enough attention. I only stumbled upon it when I was checking out the RGM exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

They have a thread on their kit and the development on here. Just never really heard of the company before

RGM was on here posting about it awhile back
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Alright, thanks. I guess I should have tried a few more variations on the search for RGMotorsport.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Looks a bit crud for my taste but it could very well be just a preliminary test version (I hope). I would probably just stick with some of the other SC brand tuners that are well recognized such as GPower or AA.
      12-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonigsTiger View Post
Looks a bit crud for my taste but it could very well be just a preliminary test version (I hope). I would probably just stick with some of the other SC brand tuners that are well recognized such as GPower or AA.
I know when they were first testing and developing the kit, I thought that was the test version too, but actually that is the final...looks bad and exposed lines over the engine etc just looks sloppy.
I also don't like how their idea of combating the heat soak those lines will encounter is just wrapping them with heat shields, seems like and easy way out and quickly thrown together kit.
Plus they only have one car they used for development, doesn't seem like a good way to go about R&D and in only one region of the world
Appreciate 0