BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

05-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #89
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

if you want op, i have a set of PS2s I can sell you

No patches, bubbles. Hell I'll use my DSLR to take pictures of every corner and space for you lol

8/32 front 6.5/32 rear
OEM sizes, 245 35 19 265 35 19

they're currently on a set of 220Ms, so I'd need to pay $$ to dismount them.

or you can buy them as a set. Send me a PM.

I don't need or care much about selling them (hence they I haven't made a FS thread).
I make a FS thread for everything I want to sell... hence the 144 iTrader lol
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #90
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
I can say I've dealt with Niv, had nothing but good experiences, can't really vouch for him here as I know very little about the situation and dont' know him personally, however at the same time I will say this. I've sold a set of MORR VS7's to an individual last year. When they arrived he claimed there was a bubble in one of the tires... I believe the buyer, but I honestly never knew it. I did not dismount the tires I shipped them as they were. He got a good deal on the vs7's with tires so he did not make a fuss.

Moral: Sending the tires back is ridiculous, when you do business online with a PERSON, not a retail store, you are accepting the risks associated with that. You need to understand as a buyer that he probably didn't have any intention of selling a bad tire, I certainly didn't. The seller also needs to understand that the buyer does have screwed up tires and there should be compensation.

Solution: Come to a middle ground agreement, shipping the tires back is a retarded move, you bought, you accepted risk, if you want to be cheap when you buy tires, you're going to get cheap service. Period. I doubt he has a toll free number you can call and complain. The seller, if he wants to retain goodwill, he will attempt to meet you somewhere reasonable. Getting the tires back just means you all lose.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #91
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
I will also say this, NiVeDh sold some shitty upgraded POS turbos on ebay and said they were better than the crappy, "RB Turbos" being sold for the N54 which is total b u l l s h i t. I will say he's done his agreeable half, but I'll also say I've personally seen an ebay member with the same name selling dis-functional parts and undermining a known upgraded turbo manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #92
SIIK2NR
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Are you kidding me? Don't make assumptions. You don't know me.

Out of the $1200, most of it went to paying my rent.
You're right, we don't know you. But after reading this....I have to shake my head. Really?......Rent?

Bottom line is OP got juiced. Period. Paid honest Cash and got jacked 2 tires.

Lessons learned: Don't buy used tires. Don't buy from members unless you are willing to assume risk.

It's all about money. Trying to save money and get a good deal. So when it comes down to REFUNDS and giving money back....good luck. Not gonna happen. Money is the motivator to sell and money is the motivator to try and save......

FWIW.. if I was the seller.... I'd pay the man his $300. That's me.

Tim
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #93
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIIK2NR View Post

FWIW.. if I was the seller.... I'd pay the man his $300. That's me.

But why? If the tires left the seller's hands in good condition, and buyer didn't request/pay for insurance, why should the seller bear the burden of the loss?
      05-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #94
SIIK2NR
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

That's just me. I sold the man a product. He seems honest enough about it. Money comes and goes.... Regardless of fault.... the transaction was from me to another member and I wouldn't want that to be ruined over any transaction large or small.

There are lessons learned for both....but $300 to make the man feel ok with the situation is worth it.

I hate always reading sob stories of why people can't come up with money. There are people like that on every forum in every demographic. Usually it's a pretty good reflection of the type of personality you're dealing with.

Character vouching, and character assasinations don't really do anything. 1000 good transactions don't do anything for the 1001 customer who got jacked.
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #95
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

where are the original pictures??

The low res pictures do show possible rim rash matching with the tire. A picture is worth a thousand words. A good friend of mine told me - there is always three sides to the story. Yours, his and the truth. In the interest of getting down to truth, please submit the original pictures for us to study (either party who has the pictures, please email me).
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #96
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamarquis View Post
Good for you, Warzilla.

If I got $1200 for selling something and the person I sold it to (being a fellow enthusiast) said there were issues (even if I wasn't responsible or even aware) and asked only $300 back, I would immediately send money and be extremely grateful that they only wanted that much.

EDIT: Who cares about the details, it's about putting your big boy pants on and making the situation right.
Agreed. Pretty much a douche move Nivedh.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #97
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Guys, I have offered him several options and it's just frustrating because I am not obligated to owe him anything at all.

I offered him $100 outright. He said no. I offered him $250 and he sends the tires back that he's not going to use anyway. He said no. I offered him $100 and an Evosport pulley worth $250. He said no. He wants $300 and wants to keep the tires too. He says he wants to reach a compromise but won't budge on the $300. If he had pointed out the damage right after he received them and sent them back, I would've refunded him in full. He waited more than a week, even mounted them on his car, and then he tells me. Isn't it generous enough that I'm still offering anything at all?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #98
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Niveh sent the original images. Unfortunately they were taken by an older iphone that had really low resolution. Well I did what I could.

All I did was auto-contrast the images and then put an inverted image to the right to show contrast. In both pictures there are slight indications of markings on the rim aligned with the tire bubble. This suggests to me that the impact took places on THOSE set of rims.

Another very disturbing observation. Usually tire mounters will wet the both the rim and the tire bead with very soapy water to help the mounting process (I've seen this time and time again as I usually watch my tires get mount to make sure they do it right and don't mess up my rims).
Well usually you see the edges where the tire and wheel meet covered with soapy water and if it's a hot day, even though it dries up you'll see dried soap all over the place as well as brake dust dried up with the soap (I also know because I clean my wheels everytime I get new rubber mount. It's an ocd thing)

In these pictures I do not see the edges wet. I don't see any indications of dried soap water. AND I don't see any caked up brake dust with dried soap - in fact, both the rims and the wheels look very dry with consistent dust where the rubber and the wheel lip meets.

Someone needs to have a conversation with the shop owner. He's got some explaining to do.

My two cents for an otherwise beautiful Friday evening...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #99
jpirelli
Power is nothing without control
Rep
Drives: E90 + E92

Posted in the buyer's other thread the one he has posted to try to get pity but it should be here too in case anyone is doubting who is at fault here.

The seller has been the amicable one in this case and has stated the facts clearly while the buyer has been talking shit, personal insults, conflicting information, even suggesting perjury by lying under oath.

The seller offered compensation in several forms which the buyer denied. Legally speaking, seller has ZERO obligation to send him ANYTHING. No court of law will side with the buyer on this one. If I am not mistaking, seller's offer still stands even as of now. I don't know what the buyer's problem is. OP, if I were you I would take what I can get especially when it's your fault for negligence!

Move on with life. There's no need to defame someone who is most likely not even at fault and who has offered at least something to you when he does not need to.

It's not about if he can afford it or not. He probably can but that's not the point. It's the principle. So if we drove Ferraris instead and it was $3000 instead of $300, the person who's not even at fault should just pay the guy who likes to type up huge tirades and blog about shit, throw temper tantrums, and just act like a tool? The buyer talks about how the seller has a 335i. Big fucking deal. The buyer has two M3s and a real job. The seller is a grad student looks like. This isn't about the money it's about principle and the right thing to do.

Buyer: just take the seller up on one of his offers. He is doing YOU a favor.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #100
jpirelli
Power is nothing without control
Rep
Drives: E90 + E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
Niveh sent the original images. Unfortunately they were taken by an older iphone that had really low resolution. Well I did what I could.

All I did was auto-contrast the images and then put an inverted image to the right to show contrast. In both pictures there are slight indications of markings on the rim aligned with the tire bubble. This suggests to me that the impact took places on THOSE set of rims.

Another very disturbing observation. Usually tire mounters will wet the both the rim and the tire bead with very soapy water to help the mounting process (I've seen this time and time again as I usually watch my tires get mount to make sure they do it right and don't mess up my rims).
Well usually you see the edges where the tire and wheel meet covered with soapy water and if it's a hot day, even though it dries up you'll see dried soap all over the place as well as brake dust dried up with the soap (I also know because I clean my wheels everytime I get new rubber mount. It's an ocd thing)

In these pictures I do not see the edges wet. I don't see any indications of dried soap water. AND I don't see any caked up brake dust with dried soap - in fact, both the rims and the wheels look very dry with consistent dust where the rubber and the wheel lip meets.

Someone needs to have a conversation with the shop owner. He's got some explaining to do.

My two cents for an otherwise beautiful Friday evening...
Good info. Maybe people will actually read all of this instead of automatically siding with the guy who likes to type a lot.

In all fairness, who knows when the damage happened? Seller has been more than generous. Buyer needs to compromise and be glad that he can at least get some compensation when he is owed nothing legally speaking.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #101
UA
///M User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

I see the problem! These tires are made in France!

Just kidding. This is just stupid now. Good job warzilla for being the bigger guy and just saying "f*ck it". You win in my book.

Nivedh I understand what it's like to barely be able to make ends meet, this car doesn't come easy for me. What I don't understand is, if you used the $1200 to make your rent payment. What do you do on the months when you can't make $1200 from selling tires or other stuff? If you're offering $250 already, what's another $50 to make things right? You're not obligated to pay but you're obviously willing to, so is $50 worth all this bullsh!t? Let him keep his damaged tires too, your stupid stipulation is what's preventing a resolution.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #102
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA View Post

I see the problem! These tires are made in France!
Maybe I just wasn't clear enough.

These are the tires on the BUYER's rims. And there is evidence on the BUYER's rims that matches the rubber. This indicates that this happened AFTER it was sold, AFTER it was shipped, AFTER it was mounted, AFTER it was driven on the BUYER's rims.

The question remains - did the installer do this or did the seller do this (on the BUYER's rims).

Sorry I had to make the point clear because it's not coming across
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #103
UA
///M User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Quote:

These are the tires on the BUYER's rims. And there is evidence on the BUYER's rims that matches the rubber. This indicates that this happened AFTER it was sold, AFTER it was shipped, AFTER it was mounted, AFTER it was driven on the BUYER's rims.

The question remains - did the installer do this or did the seller do this (on the BUYER's rims).

Are you kidding me!? That's what your judgment is based on? You're a great photoshop detective! Auto contrast, invert image and crime solved! I'm willing to bet that wheel has similar marks all around and not just in the spot where the tire is damaged. Mounting tires will leave scuff marks on your wheels just as pictured from the rubber. Your pictures prove absolutely nothing. I respect your opinion but please don't make assumptions.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #104
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Hi 4sevens. Tell me, where did you get you PHD in Tire Criminal-ology? I may want to go online and get my own degree in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #105
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirelli View Post
Honestly this is pathetic of you to slander someone with 79 positive feedback and over 5k posts with your measly 0 feedback and 400 posts. Get a life.
So jpirelli, based on your line of thinking, maybe I should tell you to be quite and not slander me since I have over 400 posts compared to your "measly 130 posts". But I won't =)

I understand that the seller is your friend and you find his offers too good to be true. If that is the case, maybe I can sell you these tires for $1200.00 and when you complain I can offer you $100 and a used rotor?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #106
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hey everyone, so I started it and as I said, I'll end it.

Moderator, please close this thread.

Note to the Seller.

Please don't get confuse nor lie about your sweet offers.

Your offers were in order:

a. $43.00

b. $100.00

c. $100.00 + a bmw pulley

d. $250.00 plus I send you back the rear tires plus I tell the moderator to erase this thread.

I accepted your offer of $250.00 (even though I asked for $300.00) with the understanding that I had first right to sell the rears with the fronts. You refused. You started doing your wacky offering cycle of tying your payment based on getting those tires back first (I only get $100.00 till you get the tires).

So as I stated before, I say no to your "wonderful offers". I think its up to you if want to make it right and send me the [EDIT]$250.00 with no ties attached to end this amicably.

If you don't then lets just leave it as it is. You go on with your life and I will with mine.

Your call. You're a grown-up, I leave it up to you what you want to do.

Last edited by warzilla; 05-28-2011 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #107
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Warzilla, I think it's unfair that you PRESUME your tire installers innocents yet assume that the seller sent you bad tires. Wouldn't you want to explore the evidence, ruling out the possibility of falsely accusing the seller? You wouldn't want that on your conscience would you?

Why don't you examine your wheels and tires right now - even take some detailed pictures. The poor iphone pictures don't show enough.

Also you didn't respond to my points about why there is the lack of soap water around the rims typically used during tire mounting. Did your shop mount the tires DRY?

Or perhaps (just perhaps) YOU took pictures of your OLD set? Just suggesting... the rims and tires look all dusty - they don't look like they were just mounted. Who's to say maybe they're your OLD tires.

Is that why you refuse to send back the tires?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #108
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

I've never seen a grown man whine about wanting someone else to pay for his mistakes more than in this thread. And then to heap insults and accusations on top of it all while proclaiming his incredibly generous offers as insulting to you. You're acting as if this is the first time you've ever bought anything. What's wrong, steak a little undercooked? Demand it be thrown away, you get a brand new steak, and you get to keep the old plate that it was on. Sounds reasonable.
      05-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #109
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
I've never seen a grown man whine about wanting someone else to pay for his mistakes more than in this thread. And then to heap insults and accusations on top of it all while proclaiming his incredibly generous offers as insulting to you...
+1

Last edited by quads; 05-28-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #110
itf joegun
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i; G05 X5 M50i

After reading this horrible thread from post one, I just want to make some remarks:

If you buy a part from a private person which is used but because of that cheaper then a new part bought from a company, there is always a specific risk that the deal got wrong. The pro is, you get the part cheaper if it where new and bought from a company, if all is working fine and then you can save a lot of money. The con is that if something goes wrong, private persons do not have the financial backround to refund or compensate your trouble. Thats the point here.

Warzilla, you accepted the risk, buying from a non-commercial instance, but you do not want to accept that this instance can not compensate if anything goes wrong. But this is exactly what you get if you take the risk and the deal got wrong!

Moaning all over it in different threads can not bring you the money back you risked. It lowers your reputation as person. Be a man and accept that the deal got wrong and the money is lost. It does, for me, absolutely make no sence to create threads here to put more preasure on the sellers side. It shows your position exactly, which is really bad, because the seller owes you nothing imho.

Just my opinion, sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by itf joegun; 05-29-2011 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0