BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Convert Jerez Black

Garage List
Anybody else waiting for crossing the Atlantic?

My car is at the port of exit (Bremerhaven ??) and waiting to get on the ship.
Anybody else in the same situation? What's the first stop in the US - New york

E93 M3 Jerez Black / Bamboo Beige / Dinan P1 Performance Package
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
themonotron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 AW

My car finished production on March 12th, and as of March 23rd, it is still, waiting for a ship.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
M3Gator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
The first stop is NY. Then on to Baltimore, then some other stop, and finally to Georgia. I had to wait til mine got off in Georgia(I'm in Orlando). You need to check to see what port your car is getting off at. I tracked it everyday on the shipping company's website. It's an excruciating wait. I can tell you that it was less than a week from the time it got off the boat til the time my SA put the keys in my hand. The good news-When you get behind the wheel, you quickly forget the agony of the wait.

What a F...... Beast! Good luck keeping it under 5500 rpm. Had mine for 3 weeks now. Half way to 1200 mi.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonotron View Post
My car finished production on March 12th, and as of March 23rd, it is still, waiting for a ship.
hahaha... Looks like my car might hop on the same ship as you. I finish production on the 27th.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
NavM3/5
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 - AW on Fox Red

Quote:
My SA says the car is on a ship over the atlantic but whenever I try typing in the VIN on the W&W website I get a "No record found".
I fear it's still at the port waiting to get on the DON PASQUALE (which is leaving on the 28th...grrr).
My car has been at the port for a week now.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
mikewads
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

I'm waiting on mine also. I got a VIN and my car is awaiting transport. It will probably get on the DON PASQUALE departing on 3/28.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Yeh, I think I'm on the COURAGE or the INDEPENDENCE ll departed on the 12 of March. But I'm not sure what port it will enter, for Chicago dest.

BTW, this wait is brutal, I ordered on Dec. 29!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewads View Post
I'm waiting on mine also. I got a VIN and my car is awaiting transport. It will probably get on the DON PASQUALE departing on 3/28.
When you type your VIN on Wallenius website, do you see your car on that ship? I've contacted BMW USA and they told me they can't track the anymore when it leaves the factory. I'll have to talk to my sales guy.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
When you type your VIN on Wallenius website, do you see your car on that ship? I've contacted BMW USA and they told me they can't track the anymore when it leaves the factory. I'll have to talk to my sales guy.
No, I type in the % sign than the partial vin as per directions, and continually get no matches found, so frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The Don Pasquale has left Bremerhaven today and I can't believe my car is not on it Actually there is no M3 on this ship at all...
My car has been at the port for 9 days now and still sitting there...
I mean I've been checking the Wallenius website. Perhaps there is another shipping company to the East Coast?? But I don't think so.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
themonotron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 AW

My car finished production on the 12th and it just left the port via Elektra on the 25th. My CA told me that there was a 7-10 day delay at the port so that may be the reason why your car is taking so long.

Last edited by themonotron; 03-28-2009 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #12
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonotron View Post
My car finished production on the 12th and it just left the port via Elektra on the 25th. My CA told me that there was a 7-10 day delay at the port so that may be the reason why your car is taking so long.
Lucky you. I'm not on a vessle yet.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 04:51 AM   #13
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

I'm still at the port as well. Anyone know the name of the next ship that is leaving?
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesisel View Post
I'm still at the port as well. Anyone know the name of the next ship that is leaving?
The next vessel leaving Bremerhaven is the Integrity, scheduled departure March 30th. That's tomorrow but I still don't see my car booked on it. After that it will be the Mignon, scheduled departure April 02nd, that's next Thursday.

We will be on the same boat I guess.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The next vessel leaving Bremerhaven is the Integrity, scheduled departure March 30th. That's tomorrow but I still don't see my car booked on it. After that it will be the Mignon, scheduled departure April 02nd, that's next Thursday.

We will be on the same boat I guess.
What website are you using to track shipping schedules? I just looked at Wallenius Wilhelmsen site and it says The Integrity is leaving on the 31st and the next ship to leave is The Oberon on april 4th.
I am assuming your ///M is going to the East coast because your profile says you are in MS.
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What website are you using to track shipping schedules? I just looked at Wallenius Wilhelmsen site and it says The Integrity is leaving on the 31st and the next ship to leave is The Oberon on april 4th.
I am assuming your ///M is going to the East coast because your profile says you are in MS.
You're right 31st not the 30th !! I'm using the Wallenius website but I look at the schedule between Bremerhaven and Brunswick, GA. I believe that's where my car will be unloaded.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're right 31st not the 30th !! I'm using the Wallenius website but I look at the schedule between Bremerhaven and Brunswick, GA. I believe that's where my car will be unloaded.
Oh, ok, I looked at the site again and saw a lot more destination ports. My ///M is going to Nashville,TN. I have no idea what port it will be unloaded at. Charleston,SC maybe? I guess I'll just have to wait until it's loaded to see what ship I'm on. Waiting sucks! My ///M has been at the port since march 9th because I was waiting on the military sales dealer to get full payment to BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh, ok, I looked at the site again and saw a lot more destination ports. My ///M is going to Nashville,TN. I have no idea what port it will be unloaded at. Charleston,SC maybe? I guess I'll just have to wait until it's loaded to see what ship I'm on. Waiting sucks! My ///M has been at the port since march 9th because I was waiting on the military sales dealer to get full payment to BMW
Whoah almost one month at the port waiting for a ship Hopefully it's leaving. I guess you're right they'll unload your baby at Charleston, SC. They say waiting is worth it but I'd rather be than

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whoah almost one month at the port waiting for a ship Hopefully it's leaving. I guess you're right they'll unload your baby at Charleston, SC. They say waiting is worth it but I'd rather be than
Yeah man, looong wait. Not too bad for me though, I still got about a month and a half till I'm back in the USA and able to drive her, but still
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My dealer called me and my car is indeed on the Don Pasquale
The 1-800 number and the BMW USA website still say "in port waiting for vessel" and the Wallenius website still returns "no records found" when I type the VIN.
So for all of you waiting for shipping, you car might be on the vessel. Check with your dealer.
ETA for the US is April 15th

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
NavM3/5
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 - AW on Fox Red

Quote:
My dealer called me and my car is indeed on the Don Pasquale
The 1-800 number and the BMW USA website still say "in port waiting for vessel" and the Wallenius website still returns "no records found" when I type the VIN.
So for all of you waiting for shipping, you car might be on the vessel. Check with your dealer.
ETA for the US is April 15th
Good news Terry, I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me.
So much for the W&W website. I was able to track my M5 3 years ago without any problems. Fingers crossed....
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #22
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Actually guys when you have the name of the vessel, a good website to track it is: www.marinetraffic.com

Works like a charm !

Appreciate 0