BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-09-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black BMW M4

Petitioning BMW re E90 M3 and E92 M3 front.

I have recently written to BMW about my concerns re the E90 M3 front looking like that of the E92 M3 in spyshots. I told them I would not pay such a high price if the E90 M3 looked like the E92 M3 from the front.

They responded with a most interesting and positive e-mail, which I include below.

Dear Mr Nawaz,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We always welcome suggestions and comments from our customers.

Critical evaluation of our products and the suggestions that result are of high value to us as they give us a great deal of information and ideas that allow us to develop products and services that are tailored to our customers' needs.

Your criticism has been forwarded to the relevant department for assessment.

Thank you again for your interest in BMW.

Kind Regards,
BMW Customer Service Team

I think all the people who would like to see the E90 M3 saloon to be different from the E92 M3 should write in and voice their concerns. To do this you need to go onto the international site and go to customer services.

I think it will be so interesting to have the E90 and E92 M3 looking different. It will give even more qudos to both cars with their individual looks. From the above response from BMW you can see there is a possibility for change. Please all M3 fans e-mail BMW customer services.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 04:01 AM   #2
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

I don't see why it should be a concern. If it means its harder for people with standard E90s to fake M3s, then I'm all for it, because the E36 debacle that was a new bumper and nowt else was ridiculous. I saw three cabrios on Sunday badged as M3. The only way you'd know if they were real is by looking at the engine, which is a shocking thing to have to do when you consider the M3 is supposed to be the exclusive model.
      05-09-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
I don't see why it should be a concern. If it means its harder for people with standard E90s to fake M3s, then I'm all for it, because the E36 debacle that was a new bumper and nowt else was ridiculous. I saw three cabrios on Sunday badged as M3. The only way you'd know if they were real is by looking at the engine, which is a shocking thing to have to do when you consider the M3 is supposed to be the exclusive model.
That's assuming he meant he wants the E90 M3 to look like the current E90. I read he just wants the E90 M3 front to look different than that of the E92 M3.
      05-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [8.50]
2006 325i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
That's assuming he meant he wants the E90 M3 to look like the current E90. I read he just wants the E90 M3 front to look different than that of the E92 M3.

that's what i understood... not everyones looking to badge their car with an M look
      05-09-2007, 04:40 AM   #5
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

i say... keep the bumper the e90 bumper but make the headlights euro-style, and then just add a small reflector. that way i can quickly jack some euros from the junkyards when ppl crash their new m3's
      05-09-2007, 04:50 AM   #6
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snawaz View Post
I have recently written to BMW about my concerns re the E90 M3 front looking like that of the E92 M3 in spyshots. I told them I would not pay such a high price if the E90 M3 looked like the E92 M3 from the front.

They responded with a most interesting and positive e-mail, which I include below.

Dear Mr Nawaz,

Critical evaluation of our products and the suggestions that result are of high value to us as they give us a great deal of information and ideas that allow us to develop products and services that are tailored to our customers' needs.

Kind Regards,

I think all the people who would like to see the E90 M3 saloon to be different from the E92 M3 should write in and voice their concerns. To do this you need to go onto the international site and go to customer services.

I think it will be so interesting to have the E90 and E92 M3 looking different. It will give even more qudos to both cars with their individual looks. From the above response from BMW you can see there is a possibility for change. Please all M3 fans e-mail BMW customer services.
Translation..
Dear annoying prat,
we'll design our car's however we like and if you think we actually read your letter you need to stop toking on the crack pipe.
Good day.
P.S. the E92 M3 front end looks awesome and the standard E90 front is a disgrace!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #7
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Translation..
Dear annoying prat,
we'll design our car's however we like and if you think we actually read your letter you need to stop toking on the crack pipe.
Good day.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:

Dear Mr Nawaz,

Kind Regards,

they are not going to change the car they have been protyping and designing just from a few emails...

Who cares if the m3 sedan front looks like the coupe

the sedan is being facelifted to have the sedan front anyways by fall..

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
gtr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 CTR

I like the coupe look so i'm getting a coupe but think of the bright side. Isn't getting a 4 door M3 better than not having the sedan version?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

It probably just came down to cost for extra unique parts. You can't just use the (awful and bland, just like the rear) E90 fascia on the wider M3 front fenders because it won't fit. It was cheaper to just have one front piece for all M3s.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

My personal opinion is keep it! I really like the new M face
      05-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:

Dear Mr Nawaz,

Kind Regards,

What spy photos are you refering too..?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Translation..
Dear annoying prat,
Good day.
P.S. the E92 M3 front end looks awesome and the standard E90 front is a disgrace!
Fuck you,

How dare you imply i'm an annoying prat.

If you like the coupe version of the front then good for you, but that doesn't give you the right to be so fucking rude. My blood boils at this moment you ignorant shithouse!!!!

If the world was of your opinion then no changes would ever be made. Go and hide in your cave dickhead!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #14
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

That reminds me, I need to send an email to the marketing dept, begging them for a beautiful bright red to become available sometime during the life cycle. Might as well start the push early.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #15
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Fuck you,

If you like the coupe version of the front then good for you, but that doesn't give you the right to be so fucking rude. My blood boils at this moment you ignorant shithouse!!!!

If the world was of your opinion then no changes would ever be made. Go and hide in your cave dickhead!!!!

he's right you're wrong

how many cars have you designed? I bet it's less than the guys at BMW have.

do you have any idea how much time/effort goes into designing a car?

hint: it's enough that they're not going to change it because some random dude saw some photoshops on the internet.

what is a pratt anyways?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #16
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
he's right you're wrong

hint: it's enough that they're not going to change it because some random dude saw some photoshops on the internet.

what is a pratt anyways?
You guys are coming up with some fantastic assumptions.

The first guy that i'm some prat.

Definition:

prat
noun

slang:
1. offensive
A fool; an ineffectual person.
2. The buttocks.

The second guy assumes that i'm some random dude who saw a photoshop on the internet.

Firstly by the above definition of a prat, which start off as this slang word being offensive, I take great exception to. What did I say to bring out such an offensive response. All I did was make a suggestion.

Secondly, a random guy i am not. I have bought 3 BMW's in the last 3 years, and I intend to get the M3 next year. I think BMW customer service are experience enough to take this into account. And even if they don't atleast they were polite and respectful in their response.
This was not a photshop but a spyshot.
Name:  MLT4573-1s.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  215.4 KB

Name:  MLT4573-2s.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  MLT4573-8.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  69.7 KB

Name:  MLT4573-11.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  78.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #17
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Quote:
Fuck you,

Quote:

Definition:

prat
noun

slang:
1. offensive
2. The buttocks.

The second guy assumes that i'm some random dude who saw a photoshop on the internet.

Firstly by the above definition of a prat, which start off as this slang word being offensive, I take great exception to. What did I say to bring out such an offensive response. All I did was make a suggestion.

Secondly, a random guy i am not. I have bought 3 BMW's in the last 3 years, and I intend to get the M3 next year. I think BMW customer service are experience enough to take this into account. And even if they don't atleast they were polite and respectful in their response.
One thing is certain, you are emotionally imbalanced. Breathe deeply and think about how meaningful it is to let your "blood boil" over a forum post. Frankly, if the world was of your opinion, we'd all be living in caves.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #18
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
he's right you're wrong

what is a pratt anyways?

Being a car designer myself I 100% agree with this statement.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

I'm not a car designer, but I can fully understand why BMW have done this and it's a vast improvement over the current E90 front.
      05-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #20
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:

Definition:

prat
noun

slang:
1. offensive
2. The buttocks.

]
Thanks for defining prat, I had no idea what that meant

even those pictures you linked aren't photoshop, those are just test mules and may have little to no resemblance to the actual car. we've seen the real car by now, it's been released at autoshows, why not comment on that one rather than a camoflaged mule?

I'm glad BMW was nice to you, but buying 3 cars doesn't make you a car designer either. You making a design suggestion to BMW is like me telling my doctor how to remove my spleen.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #21
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

end thread this is gonna be a shit talk thread

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #22
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My 2 cents

Quote:
Fuck you,

snawaz, IMO you are totally off base, BMW //MPOWER was only telling you what a big corporate entity like BMW thinks of individuals who ask for small design changes, despite very friendly, proactive form letters they send back. He did say, "TRANSLATION..." after all - he was not calling you anything - just explaining how BMW folks feel about enthusiasts (albeit great customers) who think they should be doing the designing part of their job.

Again, just my 2 cents/interpretation. Just trying to help you guys understand each other. Cheers.
Appreciate 0