BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
JonnyTrauma
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 6mt

CruiseCam/GoPro issue

I bought a cruisecam from filmtools.com to record tracks days in my m3. Using it at NJMP with PCA this weekend and I plan on taking it on my trip to Spa and Nurburgring next month.

I have a Hero3 with the go pro tripod mount that mounts up perfectly. It mounts to the driver or passenger seat beautifully as well. The issue is that the swivel for the vertical axis (to angle the camera up or down) will not lock. I can turn the knob until it's very tight and the camera will still move freely up/down. Has anyone else has this problem? Am I missing a lock washer or this product only meant for larger cameras using the tether?

Any help is appreciated.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

Sounds like you're missing a piece.

Is this under track usage or just sitting in the car with no movement? I have mine setup like this and it seems pretty solid.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
JonnyTrauma
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
Sounds like you're missing a piece.

Is this under track usage or just sitting in the car with no movement? I have mine setup like this and it seems pretty solid.
No this is just sitting in the driveway testing it out. It's completely loose. So when you tighten the finger nut on the side the vertical adjustment axis locks? That's not happening for me. I tried to take it apart but it looks like they glue the bolt in there.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

There's a screw inside the knob. Takes a Philipe screw driver. Tighten screw.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
JonnyTrauma
Private
United_States
Rep

The mount is defective. The place I ordered it from overnighted me a replacement for free. There was no screw inside the knob--just a bolt that was glued into place. Looks like someone forgot to put in a washer or two.

Thanks for the responses.
Appreciate 0