BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

03-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #67
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Not a good habit to get her into!!! Writing on cars?!?
She Only did it once....I did Explained to her that it was NOT NICE, she got it.
She is 5 Yrs old now. Has never done it again it was my fault, she had seen the below picture on my display and she was mesmerized.
Oh, forgot to mention….They were crayola washables, came right off.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #68
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
She Only did it once....I did Explained to her that it was NOT NICE, she got it.
She is 5 Yrs old now. Has never done it again it was my fault, she had seen the below picture on my display and she was mesmerized.
Oh, forgot to mention….They were crayola washables, came right off.
^^^ I starred at this image for like 72 seconds...wow
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #69
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

I'm almost 29, been married less than a year. My wife gets her purses and shoes, I get my cars.

She's always hated my STi, but I'm thinking about selling it and my 135i for an M3 and she said, "You can't sell the STi, you love that car!"
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #70
Killswitch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
I say you don't have to especially if your financially able. Gotta love the pics with the kid marking up the car. I showed my girlfriend the pics and she thought they were great , I'm just glad they were crayola washables!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #71
fun ticket
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ford Raptor

Just be sure you get your own account (or fun money as some have called it). I made a strategic mistake many years ago and did not do that. Still paying for that one everytime I buy toys and hear the associated noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #72
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

hehe, she's arrived and no grief whatsoever off the Mrs. Married, restrictions on toys? Nah. Bike engined track car (road legal) over 300bhp per ton, no drivers aids at all (well, it has a limited slip diff, brakes and a steering wheel if that counts).

Leg is a happy boy today.

E92 M3, Breyton GTS 19s, black and carbon all over
Factory Mini John Cooper Works 211bhp
MK Indy R track car (road legal) 300bhp+ per ton, sequential box
VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #73
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
hehe, she's arrived and no grief whatsoever off the Mrs. Married, restrictions on toys? Nah. Bike engined track car (road legal) over 300bhp per ton, no drivers aids at all (well, it has a limited slip diff, brakes and a steering wheel if that counts).

Leg is a happy boy today.

PURE WIN!! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #74
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

My fiance i think doesnt mine. but lately shes complaining that lately i have been buying stuff... to think we are getting married soon.. I say buy not before getting married, but to be honest she supports me in any way.

I did find a way to make it even out... If i mod i make sure i MOD her as well. ... ( no no not that boob job thing or nose lip... basically i buy her things... but at the end her mods a more expensive with those Chanel bags of hers. ... but hey cant complain.

GOTTA make her happy too you know.
      03-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #75
MassBimmer
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.24]
Let's just say buying mods while married will undoubtedly improve your negotiation skills
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #76
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92addict View Post
PURE WIN!! Congrats!
Thanks. Arrived, quick blat down the road, kids came home, now I'm doing maths homework with my ten year old lad. So, married life DOES interfere with toys in one way.

VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #77
texasmojo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i automatic

I'm 27 now and been married for 9 years and have a 6 year old girl. I guess it depends if you split your money. If y'all split money then it does not matter. If you put money together then yes it matters. We put our money together. At the beginning she would not care what I bought. Later in the marriage it started getting harder to spend money on luxuries. The older the marriage the harder it gets to buy things you don't need.
      03-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #78
ddigangi
'Murica
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
if your a real car enthusiast then the fun never ends, unless maybe your poor and can only afford a honda civic haha :P

I blog at http://ddigangi.com
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #79
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Life does not come to a screeching halt..

be smart, get her involved.. if she doesnot like the "car show" crowd, then make sure you go on some mountain runs..

Get her involved, dont alianate her.. get her her own car to "play with"

When you are House shopping.... YOU MUST take advantage of the bargaining chip... she wants granite counters / you want 3 bay garage... etc etc etc ..believe me she will go for it..
      03-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #80
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

So the girl I'm dating and I went for a caravan cruise with 11 other 3'ers to the LTBMW grand opening this past weekend...It was a good sign! She was all excited about seeing all the cars and she had no clue how many other people (mostly guys who dragged their girls along) we're into the same hobby. She shared it with her friends ALL ON HER OWN! lol

She says "the 1 series is cute" (no offense to 1 owners)..hopefully I can convince her to get at least a 128i. Joking...kind of.

This is just a start...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #81
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigangi View Post
if your a real car enthusiast then the fun never ends, unless maybe your poor and can only afford a honda civic haha :P

Ummm.... I don't think it's so much as financial status as much as it is change in priorities. Say you have a great stable of cars, but a wife and three kids. Your weekend warrior might get pushed down the list to tend to a soccer game, family outing, or various other family activtites.

So yes, it may never end, but it will have "good" interruptions!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #82
Leg
Captain
Rep

What he said. New car arrived yesterday, half an hour later I was helping my youngest with his homework. That's life!

VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #83
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Yeah getting married and having kids sucks! I had to buy an E90 M3 and get picked on because I have 4-doors.
if you're embarrassed send it my way. Me or the wife won't complain haha.

to the op it depends on finances. If you have the spare cash then sure. I would never charge up a storm though. I haven't bought a mod in over a year. Not that I haven't wanted to but there are more important things. I guess it's just something you start to realize once you are at that point in life.

And like others said it is key to be on the same page. The wife misses our BMW. She is already completely on board as that WILL be our next car. We are even planning on doing Euro Delivery once the time comes. I'm just pissed that I have no clue what we'll get. Right now I'd be between a e90 M3 or a loaded e91 m-tech. Neither car will be offered in 2-3 years once we do do this

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #84
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Did not end here. Married 21 years. Wife likes modded toys too. Currently have a living room full of mods awaiting my incoming Ford Raptor. Find a gal with the same interests and it's all good. The bad part is splitting the mods funds between vehicles. lol
I can affirm this is an all-too-common "issue" at my house too. We just added up our mods from 2010 and went, "ohhhhh... that's where all our spare cash went!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franken///M View Post
No issue what so ever. My wife hasn't changed a bit, hell she was the one said told me to buy what I want. The nice thing is we each make our own money, so after savings and putting money into a joint account for our expensives, what is left is our own.

Your wife should not have a problem with your hobbies.
We do this too. Highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Get her involved, dont alianate her.. get her her own car to "play with"

When you are House shopping.... YOU MUST take advantage of the bargaining chip... she wants granite counters / you want 3 bay garage... etc etc etc ..believe me she will go for it..
Be careful with this one! If he gets exhaust... I get track wheels. Right? Yup. (done. )

I recently went out to get some ideas and when asked what brought me out looking at new homes, I responded, "looking for a bigger garage". Poor lady didn't know what to think. I suppose I should've just said I wanted a bigger closet.

The answer to your question is really about how passionate you are about your cars & what you do with and to them. I would say if it's a Top 5 thing for you then I'd say you should probably level-set and make sure she knows that's what you're about. I know I'm an anomoly, but just like unicorns, we DO exist.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #85
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

for the record...
29yo married 4 years and dated for 10 yrs before that. one beautiful daughter and another on the way. Still get to go to the weekly meets, weekly drags, and annual mfest, alone car's are definitely a lifestyle for me and not so much my wife. She tries to bring the family out to the events when she can and understands my needs as I understand hers. But in a millisecond, I would drop all of my hobbies for the family.

not to mention I avidly scuba , rock climb, mtn bike and run my own business. Somehow we still always have time to prioritize each other. But like I mentioned none of these are necessities and it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me...

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #86
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
I can affirm this is an all-too-common "issue" at my house too. We just added up our mods from 2010 and went, "ohhhhh... that's where all our spare cash went!"

We do this too. Highly recommend it.

Be careful with this one! If he gets exhaust... I get track wheels. Right? Yup. (done. )

I recently went out to get some ideas and when asked what brought me out looking at new homes, I responded, "looking for a bigger garage". Poor lady didn't know what to think. I suppose I should've just said I wanted a bigger closet.

The answer to your question is really about how passionate you are about your cars & what you do with and to them. I would say if it's a Top 5 thing for you then I'd say you should probably level-set and make sure she knows that's what you're about. I know I'm an anomoly, but just like unicorns, we DO exist.
So...you gotta sister or sumpn?! Lol...but for real?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #87
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
for the record...
29yo married 4 years and dated for 10 yrs before that. one beautiful daughter and another on the way. Still get to go to the weekly meets, weekly drags, and annual mfest, alone car's are definitely a lifestyle for me and not so much my wife. She tries to bring the family out to the events when she can and understands my needs as I understand hers. But in a millisecond, I would drop all of my hobbies for the family.

not to mention I avidly scuba , rock climb, mtn bike and run my own business. Somehow we still always have time to prioritize each other. But like I mentioned none of these are necessities and it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me...
This is the most relevant answer thus far for me. We're similar in age so I feel I can really relate. Wow man, it sounds like you can pretty much still do it all!

Hopefully, I'll see you at Mfest in Vegas!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #88
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

For sure, I'm only making it for the track day on sat though...

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0