BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Talking Pulling the trigger on Gintani race

Hey Guys,

so as everyone knows tax season is in!!!! and some extra spending cash is coming to me.
I have been patiently waiting reviewing threads about different exhausts. In the end i learned i like loudness!!!! so decieding to go with the Gintani race!!! I wanted to know if anyone hear in NYC has it and has it brought too much trouble with cops or neighbors. either way i am set on getting it. Just wanted to hear from other fellow m3 owners out there. Thanks drive safe but fun

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Nice! Congrats!!
Are you getting the valved?

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

One of the meanest sounding axle backs IMO
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCM3ryder View Post
Hey Guys,

so as everyone knows tax season is in!!!! and some extra spending cash is coming to me.
I have been patiently waiting reviewing threads about different exhausts. In the end i learned i like loudness!!!! so decieding to go with the Gintani race!!! I wanted to know if anyone hear in NYC has it and has it brought too much trouble with cops or neighbors. either way i am set on getting it. Just wanted to hear from other fellow m3 owners out there. Thanks drive safe but fun
Its a great sounding axleback. In terms of loudness its just as (if not louder) than the meisterschaft gt2, with a much more american muscle tone to it. The axleback is not overwhelming, I say go for it. Pairing it with a catless xpipe down the road however will make it extremely loud!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
Its a great sounding axleback. In terms of loudness its just as (if not louder) than the meisterschaft gt2, with a much more american muscle tone to it. The axleback is not overwhelming, I say go for it. Pairing it with a catless xpipe down the road however will make it extremely loud!
Hmmmm, wish i knew what you considered "extremely loud", cause right now i'm running a Gintani Race rear section with a Challenge Street x-pipe(deletion of secondary cats) and i'm thinking of going to a Challenge Race x-pipe to delete the primary cats(for a bit of a power bump). My setup now is not too loud but does have a bit of a drone and a deep rumble around 2-3k rpms, which is good, but does make your head vibrate at times and shake the dishes in the house when starting up Not sure i wanna go "extremely loud" though
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Hmmmm, wish i knew what you considered "extremely loud", cause right now i'm running a Gintani Race rear section with a Challenge Street x-pipe(deletion of secondary cats) and i'm thinking of going to a Challenge Race x-pipe to delete the primary cats(for a bit of a power bump). My setup now is not too loud but does have a bit of a drone and a deep rumble around 2-3k rpms, which is good, but does make your head vibrate at times and shake the dishes in the house when starting up Not sure i wanna go "extremely loud" though
I'm very tolerable to sound - I've ran the Meisterschaft GT2 on my car with a catless Gintani xpipe. Then I switched out the Meisterschaft GT2 for a Gintani sport catback because I couldnt handle to rasp/drone. So suffice to say I love loud exhausts.
The only thing you have to worry about with the Gintani race and a full catless xpipe is the drone at low RPM. It wont rasp or sound over the top annoying like my MeisterschaftGT2/catless Gintani did (I think this setup sounded horrendous because of mixing and matching - it was extremely raspy and raw; making downshifts sound like gunshots and mashing the pedal sound like a nascar). The Gintani race with catless xpipe will be LOUD though. I would not run it on my car if its a DD because the drone would start getting under my skin after a while Personally I think its the best sounding loud exhaust setup for this car, but I'd rather have a little quieter of an exhaust and be able to hear myself think in the drivers seat
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Awesome sounding exhaust, and tax season mean something very different to me... I've been stocking up on lube, and have been training by shoving coconuts up my ass.

I can relate, maybe not quite as bad, but more like golf balls
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
I'm very tolerable to sound - I've ran the Meisterschaft GT2 on my car with a catless Gintani xpipe. Then I switched out the Meisterschaft GT2 for a Gintani sport catback because I couldnt handle to rasp/drone. So suffice to say I love loud exhausts.
The only thing you have to worry about with the Gintani race and a full catless xpipe is the drone at low RPM. It wont rasp or sound over the top annoying like my MeisterschaftGT2/catless Gintani did (I think this setup sounded horrendous because of mixing and matching - it was extremely raspy and raw; making downshifts sound like gunshots and mashing the pedal sound like a nascar). The Gintani race with catless xpipe will be LOUD though. I would not run it on my car if its a DD because the drone would start getting under my skin after a while Personally I think its the best sounding loud exhaust setup for this car, but I'd rather have a little quieter of an exhaust and be able to hear myself think in the drivers seat
Yeah, i've been on the fence about it. The drone does get to me now sometimes, if i'm cruising in 6th, around 70mph, i have to turn the radio up to hear my songs and can't hear my kids from the back seat sometimes. but overall i do love the exhaust sound. I just keep hearing you have to remove the primaries to get any "real" power..............although i REALLY want to go the SC route! Just trying to justify it
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking Gintani Race is loud

I have Gintani Race exhaust on my M3 with a AA X-pipe Catless. You can not beat the sound. When ever I drive the car in any city I don't know, I do my best to try to keep the sound down at slow speeds like 25-35 mph. This is when the RPM's are low and the sound can cause some unwanted attention by cops mainly when you have to take off from a stop light. Keep the RPMs above 2500-3000 you will be ok anything lower could be problems. You will see what I mean when you have it installed . Eveyone love the sound at High RPM's and when I go on road trips I do alot of car shows and events. If you are driving behind me on a caravan or road trip you better turn your radio up or off and enjoy the sound like one of my corvette friends like to. I love my Gintani Race because I like my exhaust sound loud The race exhaust will drone but it don't bother me I just learned to deal with it and enjoy the awesome exhaust sound . Congrats on your Gintani Race exhaust

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
I think I'm gonna have to step up to the race soon, or at least the hybrid.
I'd get the valve again since it's all wired up and it may make the drone bearable on the highway.
has anyone done the valve option on the race?

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Awesome sounding exhaust, and tax season mean something very different to me... I've been stocking up on lube, and have been training by shoving coconuts up my ass.
If it feels good, there is always birthdays, Xmas , Easter and other holidays to explore the unknown
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0