BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

05-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
Mr.Mtray
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jet Black on Red

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.50]
My Build with VF Engineering, EAS, VMR

I wanted to share my build and my experiences with the forum! This is my first post on here so bare with me please!

I bought my E92 M3 about a year ago and have loved it every moment since! I started the mods about a month or so after i got the car. Pretty much I decided to start off with the basics and then I would see from there on.

Naturally since the car is Jet Black I had to tint the windows to make it look good and keep some heat out of the cabin! I went with a dark tint all around and a clear tint on the windshield which keeps some heat out! I decided to use Toby from Elite Tinting in Fullerton California as he has tinted all my cars in the past and has done a great job each and every time!

Next up in keeping with the black theme I decided to change out the ugly orange bumper reflectors and chrome kidney grills to black ones. I headed out to EAS in Anaheim, CA which is down the street from my business and they had the pieces in stock. Robert helped me out and answered a lot of questions for me as i wanted to know about certain parts and costs etc... As soon as I got home that day i popped out the old and put in the new! What a difference in how clean the front end looks now compared to before! The next day i decided the yellowish stock angel eyes had to go... So I went back to EAS and bought their HID LED kit! I tried to install it but my huge ass hands could fit in the small BMW opening and Robert had the techs install them in 5 minutes for no cost!

Now it was time to start with some performance parts.... Searching on the forum marketplace I found a nearly brand new Remus exhaust! So i ended up picking it up! Its the Remus Race mufflers with the slanted CF Tips and the "racing tubes" as they call them! So I called my friend Fabrizio owner of EF1 Motorsports in Signal Hill and set up an appointment to get the exhaust installed, an oil change and had him order me a set of H&R Springs and new rear brake pads while we were at it! So I headed out to his shop one afternoon and hung out and caught up with him while he worked on the car. Finished up in the early evening and we started up the car! OH MAN this thing sounds PISSED OFF! The car was soo loud compared to the stock set up... We drove around the shop neighborhood and could hear the damn thing from blocks away! Of course the suspensions felt a bit different and the stance was much nicer!

After driving the car with the H-pipe for a while all my neighbors hated me! lol. It was pretty damn loud and even i couldn't bear the attention it attracted after a while... ie cops! So i took the H-pipe off and replaced it with the stock piece for now... not sure if i will get another x-pipe that is resonated or if i have some resonators welded into the H-pipe i already have...

Next up I decided to get a new set of wheels. VMR just came out with their new 810 series wheels, so i contacted them and ordered up a set of 19x9.5 fronts and 19x10 rears... 10 is the widest they have at the moment. I opted for a special pearl gunmetal gloss finish as well. Ordered me up a set of Pilot Super Sports in a 255/295 setup. Future set will prob be 265 fronts as the 255s are a little stretched. The fender wells have now been filled out nicely and the look of the car has improved! I really like the the gunmetal against the Jet Black paint. Its not too dark but looks pretty badass! The grip of the PSS is much better than the stock Conti's... And the ride is much smoother! Prob due to the fact that the Conti's were fun flats.... Launches grip much better and so do canyon carving... much more stable and a safer feeling when pushing it hard....

Soon after i decided i need to start getting a little more power out of this car... not that its slow... but i cant not do a little more to it! its that itch for more power! I contacted Robert at EAS about the Macht Shnell Intake they have and before i knew it i was there getting it installed! EAS hooked it up with free install! First impression was the increase in suctions/mechanical sound! Beautiful music to my ears up to 8,000+ RPM! I did notice the response improved especially at the mid to high RPM throttle inputs. While I was there i got some coding done! Awesome little features make the car more enjoyable!

Lastly for now I got a tune for the car to tie the few mods up. Ive had my eye on possibly getting a Super Charger system as this brings the car up to levels much more expensive and "rare" cars are at! The VF620 kit is what has been in my sight as it is one of the first kits available for the E92 M3. The experience VF has in supercharging BMWs and especially Ms has been around for a long time and thats why i feel like I would go with their kit over the others which are out there. I contacted them as I read up about their HEX Tune for E92 M3s was available. I headed out to their shop in Anaheim and had the car strapped to their inhouse Mustang AWD dyno to get some baseline runs and see if the tune actually would make the car gain any power... The guys at VF went over some options for the tune with me and i picked a few. No top speed limiter! Higher RPM redline and off throttle burble! I opted to keep the cold start option, i think it sounds cool and also helps the cats heat up a little faster. They also upgraded the software to the 240e. The car ended up making 32whp more than stock with the tune and similar gains on torque! Ill post up the dyno soon! Took the car home and was instantly impressed with the eagerness of the throttle response and the acceleration especially from about 4,000RPM +! Definitely worth the money and i would recommend this tune to my fellow M3 owners! I feel like the car runs a bit smoother and power is put down a bit more linear.

Now looking to purchase a daily driver by the end of summer and after that ill probably be leaving the car at VF for a VF620 Kit to be installed! I drove their company car.... WOW! I couldnt believe how fast the car is! I had a big ass smile on my face for the rest of the day! I was impressed because the car behaved normal at lower RPM and like a complete animal once the revs grew!

Ill update as the mods and/or issues come up! Hopefully no issues!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0