BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

05-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #67
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
I saw the prices on 2 different European websites. I'll try to find them and post links later.
The prices and specs were specifically for a front set TTX46 and a rear set, so i think its shocks only, but having GC or any other competent BMW suspension tuner put a kit around these should not be too difficult or expensive.
The 4-way kit is also sold through BMW Motorports for the e90 320si WTCC chassis... but i think thats with a real coilover in the rear and a different front suspension config (different pickup points).

The 4-way and the CS (2-way) shocks both list on Ohlins website with part numbers under BMW e90.
Im sure if someone (you) picked up the Club Sport shocks for the e90 and sent it to Ground Control to make a kit ... this would be "the" track kit to have. I know i would.
My e90m3 race car project is no more. But at one point, we were talking to Penske about their 3-way shocks (model 7650 i think) and the price was VERY reasonable compared to others ($900 per shock).
And I think AE performance put the Ohlins Club Sports on Paul Walker's e92m3 ... so this has def been done.
Have you contacted Performance Shock Inc?
When I contacted Ohlins USA a while back about the R&T kit, they told me to contact Performance Shock.
      05-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #68
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
When I contacted Ohlins USA a while back about the R&T kit, they told me to contact Performance Shock.
No - but I think ridzhao has -- since he was looking into it.
Im not really going to pursue this -- as I am focusing on another project and will not be tracking the e90 anymore. But I would still LOVE to see you guys get the 4-way kit on the e9xm3 chassis -- cause it should be second only to the Sachs Motorsport 5-Ways.
The Ohlins 2-Way Clubsport Kit would be ideal for Hardcore Track "junkies" and I think would yield better performance (lap times) then the KW CS or Moton MS 2-Ways.

In the world of motorsport shocks: Ohlins, Penske, Sachs are at the top of the food chain -- why not try their lower product line into our cars, no?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #69
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
What PSi does is build custom mounts for cars to utilize the standard racing dampers available on the market, such as the Ohlins they made on the first page.

For the kit on the first page you are looking at 4-5 figures. Slightly too expensive for me at this point.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #70
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

How much better than kw cs would these be and should I spend a year studying suspension b4 I even ask this question.
      08-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #71
allen1999
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: S65B40

hi, is that the ohlins TTX36 ?? i have heard about the this kind of racing product cant touch water , it will broke the coilover , is that true ? because i am look for the same coilover, and ppl recommend the DFV .
Appreciate 0