BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Recaro Pp Leather V.s. Cloth ?????????

Ok I Know...some What Of A Strange Thread...i Have Always Ran Recaro Pole Positions And Always In Cloth...after Totaling My M3 On The Track Last Year And Since Upgraded To A E92 I Have Been Thinking Of Going With Leather But W/ Suede Inserts... I Do Would Not Want To Run All Leather As I Would Assume Leather Would Let Your Body Slide As It Would Have Less Grip Then Cloth Hence The Reason For Suede Inserts. But All Cloth I Assume Breathes Better..

One Thing I Hate About The Cloth Recaro Is Dirt, Grass And Everthing You Get In Your Car When You Run Off Seams To Stick To The Cloth And Is Hard To Get Out...

Maybe Im Thinking Too Much Into This But Any Of You Guys Have An Opinion...car Is A Weekend Warrior And Sees The Track 2 Times A Month. Thank You For Your Time
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

I have had leather PP's and I didn't find that they were lacking grip. My A$$ fits into them perfectly so the side bolsters provide me all of the stability I need. Additional grip in the fabric would do nothing for me considering there is no place for me to slide. The leather version does hold less odor which I have heard that this sometimes an issue with the cloth version. I don't think you can go wrong either way but I think that the leather version is the best for a dual purpose car (street / track) with black interior. I would choose the Profi XL for a track only car because the harness holes of the PP are technically too low for me.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I have had leather PP's and I didn't find that they were lacking grip. My A$$ fits into them perfectly so the side bolsters provide me all of the stability I need. Additional grip in the fabric would do nothing for me considering there is no place for me to slide. The leather version does hold less odor which I have heard that this sometimes an issue with the cloth version. I don't think you can go wrong either way but I think that the leather version is the best for a dual purpose car (street / track) with black interior. I would choose the Profi XL for a track only car because the harness holes of the PP are technically too low for me.
Thank you for the help.... after speaking with several members im starting to think that the profi xl might be the better route
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
blankstar43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta
Ok I Know...some What Of A Strange Thread...i Have Always Ran Recaro Pole Positions And Always In Cloth...after Totaling My M3 On The Track Last Year And Since Upgraded To A E92 I Have Been Thinking Of Going With Leather But W/ Suede Inserts... I Do Would Not Want To Run All Leather As I Would Assume Leather Would Let Your Body Slide As It Would Have Less Grip Then Cloth Hence The Reason For Suede Inserts. But All Cloth I Assume Breathes Better..

One Thing I Hate About The Cloth Recaro Is Dirt, Grass And Everthing You Get In Your Car When You Run Off Seams To Stick To The Cloth And Is Hard To Get Out...

Maybe Im Thinking Too Much Into This But Any Of You Guys Have An Opinion...car Is A Weekend Warrior And Sees The Track 2 Times A Month. Thank You For Your Time
it hurts my eyes reading this when the first letter of every word is capitalized lol