BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

OK, what do y'all REALLY want?

Please, only mature men need respond - age doesn'nt matter, as long as it's a mature (to some degree) answer/opinion.

About one hour ago, I returned home from a 'date' - but not really a date...know what I mean? Now, I'm 37. OLD by some standards here, I know but bear with me. Anywho...I am your average girl who is NOT 5'9"/115#.
But, this guy seemed appauled that a girl would eat spicy fries and drink two beers. Now, I'm no super-model, just a regular 'girl' who appreciates bad food, cold beer, video games and a sorry game of pool or foosball. My boobs aren't fake and I don't starve myself to be a sized 4.
C'mon guys, tell us truthfully...what IS it y'all really like?
All of my guy-freinds tell me men truely like like laid-back, regular 'normal' women. Society says different.
I know personally, the men I see on the front cover of 'Muscle Mag' do NOTHING for me. It's not normal and certainly doesn't attract me to them. I really do like REGULAR guys.
Is it the same in man land??
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Perhaps not the right guy for the date....

It depends on each person. I never liked the supermodel type, too thin and too tall.

I guess societal stereotypes are just that, stereotypes.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

Well, here's the thing.... Looks only go so far, after years everyone will age and become all wrinkled up anyways, SO to me someone with a great personallity is what I would rather have in my life.

Dont get me wrong, I still think people should take care of themselves, I persoanlly hate when people let themselves go, and expect someone to just like them for their personallity... Im not saying this is the case here, but I have seen girls and guys have self pitty for them selfs over and over...

As far as this guy being appauled by you eating spicey fries and drinking 2 beers, give me a break. Im sorry I dont know if you like him or not but this guy sounds like a NERD. If I cant kick back and have a few cold brews with my girl, what the point? Some of the best nights I have had usally were ordering a pie of pizza, 6 pack of beers, bottle of wine, and having a blast with my girl.

Hope this helps...
      05-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #4
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

men like sexy and beautiful girls who share the same passion as them such as: drinking, enjoy watching sports and tv etc.
basically we like a man who's trapped in a gorgeous lady's body...comprende?
      05-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks Dleo and Bimmer, that does help believe it or not. So many guys SAY they like a laid-back girl, but then are shocked when she needs a napkin to wipe her face after enjoying a piece of pizza. *Sigh*...dating SUCKS . Be glad you've got a neat girlfriend and treat her right!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

aapriadi: Yea...please PLEASE no offense but...you sound like the typical guy..."sexy beautiful...enjoys drinking, TV etc."..sexiness and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. A guys' 'sixpack' isn't the end-all attraction for me is what I guess I'm trying to say.
It's hard to be single in todays' society, ain't it y'all?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Bottom line is to be comfortable with yourself as you are. Before I got married I went through long periods of being single and simply dating or rather, meeting girls fleetingly.

At one point I got sick of the work/bar/home/Sunday morning scene. But at that point I decided that unless I actually met the girl who was right for me, it would be OK to remain single as well. I know that for a woman there is a difference, namely a biological clock if a familly is desired, but in our society today that frontier has been pushed back and frankly compromising just for that purpose never struck me as a good idea.

I actuall y did in the end find someone willing to put up with me (despite occasional rumblings to the contrary every now and then ). But don't try to become what you think men want to have, remain/be exactly who you are and then trust that you will meet the guy who was looking for your type all the time. On the other hand, there is really nothing wrong with being single, as long as you have good friends etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

thanks for the well wishes, but I myself have commitment issues wich is a totally diffrent topic and kind of like living the single life...

seriously tho, from the sound of it, maybe you just been going out with too many "proper" guys, maybe look into the type of person you are attracted too. I have had my fair share of "HOT" girls, but have always been left wanting more then a pretty face and a beautiful body to make the relationship feel complete, I like stimulating conversations and the usual goofing around. Also I dont go for anyone TOO proper, cause then it makes me look like a jackass some times.
      05-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Hmmm, I'm going to be the odd-man-out here.

I don't want a girl who's "one of the guys". If I want to hang out with the guys, I'll do just that.

I don't like a girl who:
drinks beer
owns sweatpants
wears jeans/hoodie constantly (if they do, they can't be big baggy ones)
is crude
wants to be with me 24/7 (I want my *******
wants me to know all her friends (I have my own thank you)
thinks that a good life means marriage, kids, house with the picket fence

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I find ideal is nothing special to some guys. As for what I want -- I do expect a girl to look good. Not only should she be in shape, but she should take pride in her appearance and care about how she looks/dresses. Before getting upset, realize that at least I am not a hypocrite. I do everything I can to make sure that I not only take care of my body, but also my appearance.

As for the physical superficial things (that really do matter); she's got to be tan, have nice legs, tall and thin (5'10" 115lbs sounds good to me), and above all else... she must be comfortable in her skin. I've been with enough gorgeous girls who aren't comfortable with their body.
      05-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Sounds like you should switch to women...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #11
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

nmulax: No, I appreciate your sincereity, truly, thankyou!
I do love your "thinks that a good life means marriage, kids, house w/a picket fence" line though - I concur! I am definitely the 'odd girl out' if nothing but because I'm neither of the above...I DO own land and a house though...hmmm.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...100_1434-1.jpg
too big for a pickett fence...and kids...

thanks for your honesty guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #12
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-n-ice View Post
aapriadi: Yea...please PLEASE no offense but...you sound like the typical guy..."sexy beautiful...enjoys drinking, TV etc."..sexiness and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. A guys' 'sixpack' isn't the end-all attraction for me is what I guess I'm trying to say.
It's hard to be single in todays' society, ain't it y'all?
it also depends on your age i guess
hey at least i'm glad you think i'm a typical guy instead of a ghey
anyways good luck to you
      05-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #13
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

...who should switch to women???? I know you're not referring to ME?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #14
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

forget it...I should have saved this for when Z4um comes back ...nevermind
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #15
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Honestly from a mature and serious perspective:

i want someone who will not call me every 20 mins just to ask what im doing and who am i with.

i dont want a supermodel ultrasexy girl. just as long as they understand and are OK with how they look. i really hate girls who do shit to impress me, like fake breasts, ass injections, etc. fuck that.

someone who understands my nature of jokes. i dont want to hear "omg thats horrible. why do you say stuff like that?" i dropped that bitch home sooo fast. (of course she insulted my BEST friend. im not talking about hey your clothes look retarded. im talking about: you fucking portugese people are .....)

someone who understands the concept of: look were together, and i trust you, you trust me. go on, do what you have to do during the day. as long as you come home to me for dinner, and enough time to talk, maybe have a smoke, you know, just be together. shut off the cell phones, turn off the tv. just be together.

Someone who understands i have needs, and you take care of me ill take care of you. im not asking you to slave everyday to clean the apartment. just maybe you fix up the bedroom, ill cover the kitchen. done deal.

i really dont care for someone who loves cars. as long as you realize that hey, its my passion, and never get in the way of me and my car. ill provide you with anything you want. just never come between/make trouble with my car, my friends, and my family. because those ALSO matter to me.

No, i really dont want to or need to know all of your friends. you have guy friends? great. i dont need to meet them. i catch an std though (find out your cheating on me), your body would have dissapeared about four hundred feet under the carribean ocean. and yea, ill cut u up in to pieces. Honesty is all i ask. you made a mistake? tell me honestly. dont hide anything from me.

I know everyone has their own secretes. as long as its nothing i MUST know that may jepordize my health or my life, you can keep it a secret.

Now. i know, dont condemn me for this one: but i need a woman who appriciates a man to hold her, be more playful. i dont really require sex, but i desire some sort of real, deep, and meaningful emotion. but that usually leads to awesome sex. and if your wondering: yes. i do butter things up with a little massage and some scented oils. always works. i promise.

but i need someone who will not always be there by my side. you need to know when i must handle things on my own, and as i shall do for you. looks mean nothing to me really. just as long as your some what of a worthy intellectual. someone who i can talk with for hours. REAL conversation. she also has to be tolerant of THC. she doesnt have to do it. i dont want to hear her bitch about it. because im much more focused when i am.

thats what a man like me wants in a girl.
      05-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #16
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

hm, i dont date girl who can down more beers then me and can still stand on 2 feet and whoop me in a game of pool.

You just have not met the right one yet.

Are you still here or you back in the z4rum?
      05-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #17
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

two beers will knock you off your feet? Geez, talk about lightweight. It was a setup by a friend, I'm not looking. And I'm dying for z4um to come back...the dt's are getting bad.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #18
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

we all want different things,

some of us want a girl who burps and farts
some want a prissy girl

some want a big girl
some want a skinny girl

some want a quiet girl
some want a girl who talks alot

there's no rules
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #19
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-n-ice View Post
And I'm dying for z4um to come back...the dt's are getting bad.
um, what you trying to imply here, keep it up and I will lock your account missy.

I want me some fire-n-ice NOW...
      05-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #20
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
Well since we're all being honest here:
I want an attractive , doesnt have to be supermodel, and intellegent, when she talks i dont want to look away , and yes the most important Christian
As for manners and "laid-backiness" someone with pretty much the same behavior as me (of course i dont: drink, smoke, burp in public, although i like hot CHeetos)

As you can see i may seem 'weird' (may be due to:
1) I'm 18
2) Ukrainian
3) Very Religous

We are all different - hang in there he'll come along

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #21
rsjames
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Montego Blue

Appalled that you like spicy fries and beer? What an idiot. I APPLAUD the fact that you like spicy fries and beer.

And if he doesn't care for a girl that likes those things, why did he take you someplace that serves that kind of food?

Seriously, I like a woman who is as comfortable at the Broken Spoke as she is at the St. Regis. If I could find a woman like that, I'd marry her...and I did. She prefers margaritas to beer and nachos to spicy fries, but you get the idea.

But that's just me. Good luck.

Richard
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #22
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
yeah i dont think the OP is still checking up on this thread. ohh well.