BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #67
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 818m3e92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I would like to see the owners manual you have... might be the one for your lawnmower.

It does not run rich - that is such an illogical statement to make. I consider overly rich to be under 12:1 on an NA car under full throttle - which is not what this car runs.
Well in the manual it doesn't say running rich specifically, but does mention upon start up if the car is in a garage or closed area it should be moved immediately as it releases a lot of gas upon start up, especially if theres no cats i can imagine its even worse, maybe my wording isn't correct, but what do i know, I'm just a random nobody? I didn't make a illogical statement and then have the thread deleted, because i don't attack another companies product negatively writing essays making claims without them defending themselves, well i wouldn't, thats not classy, sounds like you're mad OP is happier with Gintani's tune and the burble option which you yourself cannot safely provide, so you bash them.
Every car runs rich on first fire up, it?s part of the warming up process to get to operating temp quicker for better emissions. You clearly have ZERO clue what you?re talking about. Sorry to be a dick but you?ve called everyone wrong in this thread when in reality you?re the one wrong. If a burble tune is your thing, cool, I think they sound cool but it?s not my cup of tea. I don?t bash people for liking it or hating it but your misinformation is out of control
ck-e9211.50
BOOF-M34451.50
      10-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #68
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Well in the manual it doesn't say running rich specifically, but does mention upon start up if the car is in a garage or closed area it should be moved immediately as it releases a lot of gas upon start up, especially if theres no cats i can imagine its even worse, maybe my wording isn't correct, but what do i know, I'm just a random nobody? I didn't make a illogical statement and then have the thread deleted, because i don't attack another companies product negatively writing essays making claims without them defending themselves, well i wouldn't, thats not classy, sounds like you're mad OP is happier with Gintani's tune and the burble option which you yourself cannot safely provide, so you bash them.
Wow.

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 3
ck-e9211.50
      10-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #69
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]

but while i'm at it. +1 vote for Gintani
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #70
jcolley
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

It would be interesting to see the effects of a "burble" tune on an Alusil cylinder wall with age.

Hypothetical: If multiple users have reported higher fuel content in UOAs running a "burble" tune, how did the fuel get there? Unless there's some other path that eludes me, I would have to see via the cylinder wall and piston ring design. Given that a properly honed and exposed alusil cylinder has a surface roughness of somewhere around 17 microinches Ra to allow the rings to glide across the silicone crystal tips and retain oil in between them, what do you think happens when part of that smooth (oiled) sliding surface is washed away with fuel?

Would be interesting to see an S65 torn down that ran one of these for a significant time and see what my profilometer says the cylinder walls read.
Appreciate 3
5soko333.00
      10-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #71
deansbimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Hypothetical: If multiple users have reported higher fuel content in UOAs running a "burble" tune, how did the fuel get there? Unless there's some other path that eludes me, I would have to see via the cylinder wall and piston ring design. Given that a properly honed and exposed alusil cylinder has a surface roughness of somewhere around 17 microinches Ra to allow the rings to glide across the silicone crystal tips and retain oil in between them, what do you think happens when part of that smooth (oiled) sliding surface is washed away with fuel?
+1 Very good point and the best constructive input in the subject so far IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #72
ck-e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Every car runs rich on first fire up, it?s part of the warming up process to get to operating temp quicker for better emissions. You clearly have ZERO clue what you?re talking about. Sorry to be a dick but you?ve called everyone wrong in this thread when in reality you?re the one wrong. If a burble tune is your thing, cool, I think they sound cool but it?s not my cup of tea. I don?t bash people for liking it or hating it but your misinformation is out of control
I was thinking the same damn thing.

.ck
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #73
Slowreaction
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone E90 M3

Engines run rich during cold starts due to poorer atomization in a cold engine. Running rich helps engines run cooler and lean mixtures run hotter.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #74
Narvin
@narvinbeans
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Interesting - I don't see you in our system as someone that purchased our software. Can you please provide your VIN or order number? I can check to see which version of our software you had.
This poor attempt to discredit the OP(your customer) is the reason why I will go with Gintani, after I previously considered buying your tune.

I can also tell you that it is interesting, and that I don't see the OP in your system as someone who purchased your software based off of his ambiguous forum name. This first sentence was unnecessary in your verification of his credentials. Just seems like a defensive statement
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #75
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvin View Post
Quote:
Interesting - I don't see you in our system as someone that purchased our software. Can you please provide your VIN or order number? I can check to see which version of our software you had.
This poor attempt to discredit the OP(your customer) is the reason why I will go with Gintani, after I previously considered buying your tune.

I can also tell you that it is interesting, and that I don't see the OP in your system as someone who purchased your software based off of his ambiguous forum name. This first sentence was unnecessary in your verification of his credentials. Just seems like a defensive statement
We maintain a comprehensive database and it was strange that his forum name did not show up anywhere in it. It wasn't an attempt to discredit him and only an attempt to verify the software he had. If you wish to place more emphasis on that than everything else I said, it's your loss.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #76
818m3e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 CP Jerez Black

Quote:
okay REALLY? What have i said thats wrong? You've just admitted it runs rich at start up, thats what i said as well as it says it in the manual, also I've never claimed to know anything but i did claim to know nothing, except for what i spoke on, but assholes like to nit pick at 1 incorrect statement, so FINE, i should of said start up runs rich, big deal dude, you've admitted yourself it does run rich at start, so thats what i meant. Plus i only mentioned that when replying to another comment where they asked about black gunk on tips from "burble", where i stated anyone getting burble option won't care about black build up and plus it runs rich as it is, WOW i said 1 incorrect thing and you have moral high ground on me now buddy, good job, thanks for the clarification. Back to the point tho, 53k miles with burble tune and I've had no problems, any company that claims negative results from another companies product while providing false information to prove that point has no class, and is defensive and feels the need to attack and bash another company without them defending themselves.
      10-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #77
818m3e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 CP Jerez Black

Quote:
We maintain a comprehensive database and it was strange that his forum name did not show up anywhere in it. It wasn't an attempt to discredit him and only an attempt to verify the software he had. If you wish to place more emphasis on that than everything else I said, it's your loss.
STOP IT, you came on here to discredit the product offered by gintani by stating negative long term affects you claim it causes to the vehicles that have it, essentially you are telling us all that the Gintani burble option is BAD for the car, and has these negative affects, yet you put emphasis on me saying the car runs rich, but ignored my main point of 53k miles and no problems with my car and the gintani tune with burble option as well as my last e92 which had the same thing for 15k miles. You've come on here simply to spew negative remarks towards Gintani and you even attempted to discredit the OP claiming they've never had your tune. All you've done is showed the public you're an ass and not somebody who i would personally do any business with. You don't see Gintani commenting on threads talking about your tune and them calling you out for having a fucked up burble tune because you don't know what you're doing do you? No, but i sure hope Gintani does comment on this thread so they can defend their product which MANY people love and to maybe shed some light on what you're claiming about their product. Its just no class dude, you're attacking a company and OP simply because he's happier with another companies tune more than he was with yours, and all the other fanboy haters spew the same nonsense you do because you obviously speak poorly about Gintani to your clients as is apparent in this thread. Im nobody, and have no knowledge of anything, but i do know that what you've done and are doing and commenting isn't classy and shows your eagerness to bash another company and its product and the reliability and safety of its product which hundreds if not thousands have. Thanks, maybe if you have REAL concerns, go contact gintani and tell them they are selling a UNSAFE product, but don't attack regular car enthusiasts, and then bash us for not being as car savvy as you not the best way to get customers, but then again, who would want to be your customer anyways, look how you act.
      10-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #78
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
That's not what happened here and I'm not going to argue with you. I've said everything that needed to be said, and it has been nothing but factual without commenting negatively on anyone else's products or services. The same can not be said about your posts, which contain misinformation, personal attacks, and an overly aggressive tone.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 5
      10-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #79
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Dude 818, you are really an angry guy. Calm down, I cant handle the long ass run on sentences. You are getting defensive about the product you bought, ok. BPM didn't talk trash about Gintani, they simpy state facts and let the consumer make an educated decision. You say who would want to be your customer, I say who would want you as a customer.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #80
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Quote:
okay REALLY? What have i said thats wrong? You've just admitted it runs rich at start up, thats what i said as well as it says it in the manual, also I've never claimed to know anything but i did claim to know nothing, except for what i spoke on, but assholes like to nit pick at 1 incorrect statement, so FINE, i should of said start up runs rich, big deal dude, you've admitted yourself it does run rich at start, so thats what i meant. Plus i only mentioned that when replying to another comment where they asked about black gunk on tips from "burble", where i stated anyone getting burble option won't care about black build up and plus it runs rich as it is, WOW i said 1 incorrect thing and you have moral high ground on me now buddy, good job, thanks for the clarification. Back to the point tho, 53k miles with burble tune and I've had no problems, any company that claims negative results from another companies product while providing false information to prove that point has no class, and is defensive and feels the need to attack and bash another company without them defending themselves.
Running rich on start up doesn?t mean the S65 runs rich, which is what you said to defend your statement to Mike. The issue here is you?re calling people out who are providing good info on the potential issues with a burble tune. Key word, POTENTIAL. I?m happy you haven?t had any issues with your burble tune. Reality is there?s people who come here to learn about things whether it be a tune or installing brakes. Just because you?ve had no issues, doesn?t mean burble tunes aren?t harmful in some way or several. That?s all anyone has said and you?ve blasted the same run on, poorly punctuated sentence several times, you?re not the rule but rather the exception.
      10-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #81
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Dude 818, you are really an angry guy. Calm down, I cant handle the long ass run on sentences. You are getting defensive about the product you bought, ok. BPM didn't talk trash about Gintani, they simpy state facts and let the consumer make an educated decision. You say who would want to be your customer, I say who would want you as a customer.
Agree 100%!

Nowhere has Mike said anything negative, or positive, about the Gintani tune; instead, Mike has described in detail why he doesn't offer a standard tune with burbles. You're the only one in this thread repeatedly throwing out misinformation, personal attacks, and defending/justifying the tune you've purchased. How do you know adding burbles to a tune has not caused internal damage to, and/or reduced the longevity of, your engine; e.g., have you had your oil tested after each oil change since installing the tune? All you can state is your engine is "running" after 53k miles.
Appreciate 3
      10-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #82
AndrewA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Had Gintani burble tune for about 12k miles.

Both oil analysis came with no fuel in the oil and I make this thing burble and shoot flames a lot

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #83
deseroner
First Lieutenant
Nicaragua
Rep
Drives: Jerez black e92 m3 coupe 2009

Let’s face it guys a full ecu tune is the best . Let?s stop fighting ,let?s get together to make the best products for our cars.
09 Jerez black coupe . 275/35/19 mss rear,Alex alpine gts dct software with some coding(euro mdm,DVD in ,mirrors fold on lock ) , rogue engineering pulleys ,TTFS TUNE . Eibach springs . New brake front rotors with new hawk pads no rear pads. Rd front sway bar.ACTIVE AUTOWERKE TEST PIPES .csf dct cooler ,BE BEARINGS/BE ARP BOLTS,vibra road e/mounts
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #84
Narvin
@narvinbeans
Rep

Quote:
It's definitely not a loss for me. It's definitely a monetary loss for you. It definitely had a negative intent and connotation so let's be real.. otherwise there would be no need to say "Interesting - I don't see you in our system."

My friends and I will take our business elsewhere..

Last edited by Narvin; 10-16-2017 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Y'all don't care about my world views, I put useless info up
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #85
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
Ugh, I am done with this thread.
Appreciate 6
BPMSport3386.50
BOOF-M34451.50
      10-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #86
ck-e92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You said the manual claims our cars runs rich.

Anyways, to lighten up this whole topic...how long of a breath do you expect everyone to take just to read your comments.

I say this: Gintani => BPM. BPM => Gintani. Deal with it however you see it, don't go creating threads to cause Internet wars.

To me, shooting flames shouldn't exist on any car unless you're running turbo's, my own personal preference. Most of us are what, over 30? Gonna be driving around spitting flames like Fast & Furious? Is that stuff still "cool"?

We've all seen the videos online of rich kids in Dubai lighting their exotics on fire from doing stupid backfires. So what makes a $100k engine more durable than the S65? Sorry guys, I very much treasure this car. No matter how many miles, this thing is going to be babied till it's grave.

.ck
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #87
ck-e92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvin View Post
It's definitely not a loss for me. It's definitely a monetary loss for you. It definitely had a negative intent and connotation so let's be real.. otherwise there would be no need to say "Interesting - I don't see you in our system."

My friends and I will take our business elsewhere..
People get so salty on the forums. Why don't you just call each other? I'm sure it'd be a different experience over the phone.

.ck
Appreciate 1
Milas29.50
      10-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #88
Narvin
@narvinbeans
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck-e92 View Post
People get so salty on the forums. Why don't you just call each other? I'm sure it'd be a different experience over the phone.

.ck
The salt burns.. I need some sugar

@narvinbeans
Appreciate 0