BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #419
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Wow, so many ballers. Im poor, can someone spot me on this trip that Jokerr is hosting? I need a pick up from HKG from one of you fine gentlemen with private jets please.
      08-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #420
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
My wife made sure that I did!

Speaking of which, here we are enjoying a beautiful afternoon:
Wow, you two are a match made in heaven. I'm sure you get this all the time, but she looks like a movie star! You are one lucky SOB!

I don't want to brag, but here we are two years ago when I proposed to her in front of 5 lesbians.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #421
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I love where this thread is headed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #422
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Wow, so many ballers. Im poor, can someone spot me on this trip that Jokerr is hosting? I need a pick up from HKG from one of you fine gentlemen with private jets please.
I would also like to get a ride if it's not too big of a deal. My shitty little private jet is only for domestic flights and I cant swing that extra cash for something bigger right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #423
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Billup, your wife is hawt!!!

btw, if anyone needs a ride to jokerrs party, you can hitch a ride on my private jet. She's being fueled up as we speak.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #424
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:

btw, if anyone needs a ride to jokerrs party, you can hitch a ride on my private jet. She's being fueled up as we speak.

She is definitely a lady in the streets, and a freak in the sheets, if you catch my drift.

Bwah. You had to one up me. AF1 > 747 any day. What kind of MPG's that baby get? I'm also curious if you are running E85, I've been encountering a lot of issues with the turbine cycle heat rate being too high.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #425
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
+1. Never underestimate the value of a girl who can remove her teeth.

Quote:

My jet is similar, except for the paint job.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #426
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
You tell me...

I'm off to the boss's private bathroom.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #427
BossSauce
Rep
Drives: 545i

Guize Stahp

You Are Hurting His Feelings
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #428
Boben5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 328 coupe

It's called a Pre-Nup
      08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #429
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbo5 View Post
It's called a Pre-Nup
I'm sorry, this thread has taken a different direction now. Your post is totally irrelevant to the new direction, please read the last page carefully and try again....
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #430
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Man, i have to say i've been having the ideas of divorce after 2 1/2 years of marriage. It just seems like we are not going in a good direction or have the same goals in life. My wife has gone through 3 jobs so far, quitting 2 and getting fired from one. She does not contribute whatsover to the home chores. No cooking or cleaning. When she stays at home, she just sits on the couch watching tv. I work my job, come home and cook dinner and clean up every day.
I've even just gave up at point and didn't do anything, I held out a month, but once the bathroom starts molding and crap, i mean come on. I feel I married a loser. She doesn't even want children, which i think would be her savior to hide behind.
I'm scard of divorce like people have talked about here though, because of how bad it can be financially and with her not having a stable job, I feel like I'd just have to pay for her. It's like I'm at the point I could care less being with women anymore (not turning gay), just living alone. I did it a couple years before her and was pretty happy.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #431
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i work car...

If you are having thoughts now... may as well go ahead and do it. The sooner the better for you. The less time you are married the less $$$ you are on the hook for. It is a difficult decision but one that a lot of people ahve made and are better off for. You won't be able to change her or her attitude. I wish you luck. I went through a divorce after 2.5 years of marriage. I got married at 22 and officially divorced at 26... it isn't fun but I am way better off after her and I really did find someoe I can really relate to and look forward to seeing every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Man, i have to say i've been having the ideas of divorce after 2 1/2 years of marriage. It just seems like we are not going in a good direction or have the same goals in life. My wife has gone through 3 jobs so far, quitting 2 and getting fired from one. She does not contribute whatsover to the home chores. No cooking or cleaning. When she stays at home, she just sits on the couch watching tv. I work my job, come home and cook dinner and clean up every day.
I've even just gave up at point and didn't do anything, I held out a month, but once the bathroom starts molding and crap, i mean come on. I feel I married a loser. She doesn't even want children, which i think would be her savior to hide behind.
I'm scard of divorce like people have talked about here though, because of how bad it can be financially and with her not having a stable job, I feel like I'd just have to pay for her. It's like I'm at the point I could care less being with women anymore (not turning gay), just living alone. I did it a couple years before her and was pretty happy.
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Breakout - Wifey
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #432
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Get out while you have youth!

Quote:
It's like I'm at the point I could care less being with women anymore (not turning gay)
u sure?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #433
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
If you are having thoughts now... may as well go ahead and do it. The sooner the better for you. The less time you are married the less $$$ you are on the hook for. It is a difficult decision but one that a lot of people ahve made and are better off for. You won't be able to change her or her attitude. I wish you luck. I went through a divorce after 2.5 years of marriage. I got married at 22 and officially divorced at 26... it isn't fun but I am way better off after her and I really did find someoe I can really relate to and look forward to seeing every day.
how much did you end up losing from the divorce?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #434
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

2.5 year marriage with no kids and the wife has worked most of the time, it's not bad at all.

In Florida you won't pay any alimony for such a short marriage where the wife has worked the whole time. Even if your wife hires a really good attorney and asks for temporary (in FL it's called "Bridge the gap" and also "rehabilitative") alimony, the most will be half the length of the marriage, used to help her get on her feet. They will take into account both incomes and a need and ability to pay alimony.

No children means the biggest issue is not an issue, I.e. time sharing and parenting plan, exchanges, and child support.

It will cost much more if you have kids and are fighting a stay at home mom. All you need to do is asset/debt division and be done. If you're thinking divorce now, definitely do not have kids with this woman. It will make everything harder and will not make a bad marriage better. Just my opinion.

You can consult with a couple of attorneys for free (most do a free consult) and learn your options. Do it on the down low, of course. Do the research, read Florida state statutes chapter 61, and when you have the knowledge it's not something to be scared of. Much more scary to live in misery for a long time, I think.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #435
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=fireline43;14541866]how much did you end up losing from the divorce?[/QUOTE

I was in Pennsylvania at the time. I had the choice to pay $1000 a month in alimony or assume her credit card debt. I chose the credit card debt as there was a light at the end of that tunnel. However I should of paid the alimony as it was only going to be till she married again and that was only about a year after her and I got divorced. I assumed $42,000 in her credit card debt when I could of gotten out with only paying around $12,000... roll of the dice I guess.

You are in a better position unless she has massive amounts of credit debt. Start putting money into an account you have someone elses name on as well. Of course someone you can trust with your money. and Cancel any and all credit cards she has access to. I didn't think my ex was capable of what she did, but she was and I didn't take the necessary precautions. She just became an all day shopper.

But in all seriousness... get out now! if there are no kids just get out. Put the house up for sale today or tell her to get out. it is better than humming and hawing about it and then deciding to do it later on down the road. the longer you stay there supporting her, the better argument she has for you to keep supporting her.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #436
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Wow I can't even begin to imagine being with someone with that much credit card debt.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #437
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=Foxrus14;14542139]
Quote:
how much did you end up losing from the divorce?[/QUOTE

I was in Pennsylvania at the time. I had the choice to pay $1000 a month in alimony or assume her credit card debt. I chose the credit card debt as there was a light at the end of that tunnel. However I should of paid the alimony as it was only going to be till she married again and that was only about a year after her and I got divorced. I assumed $42,000 in her credit card debt when I could of gotten out with only paying around $12,000... roll of the dice I guess.

You are in a better position unless she has massive amounts of credit debt. Start putting money into an account you have someone elses name on as well. Of course someone you can trust with your money. and Cancel any and all credit cards she has access to. I didn't think my ex was capable of what she did, but she was and I didn't take the necessary precautions. She just became an all day shopper.

But in all seriousness... get out now! if there are no kids just get out. Put the house up for sale today or tell her to get out. it is better than humming and hawing about it and then deciding to do it later on down the road. the longer you stay there supporting her, the better argument she has for you to keep supporting her.
Thanks the the advice man. I would imagine if your paying alimony though all of a sudden she wouldnt want to get married to fast, either would the other guy. Banking 1k a month for no reason.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #438
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Wow I can't even begin to imagine being with someone with that much credit card debt.
She racked that up in about 4 months.... I should of closed the accounts... She would of never gotten that kind of credit by herself.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #439
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
2.5 year marriage with no kids and the wife has worked most of the time, it's not bad at all.

In Florida you won't pay any alimony for such a short marriage where the wife has worked the whole time. Even if your wife hires a really good attorney and asks for temporary (in FL it's called "Bridge the gap" and also "rehabilitative") alimony, the most will be half the length of the marriage, used to help her get on her feet. They will take into account both incomes and a need and ability to pay alimony.

No children means the biggest issue is not an issue, I.e. time sharing and parenting plan, exchanges, and child support.

It will cost much more if you have kids and are fighting a stay at home mom. All you need to do is asset/debt division and be done. If you're thinking divorce now, definitely do not have kids with this woman. It will make everything harder and will not make a bad marriage better. Just my opinion.

You can consult with a couple of attorneys for free (most do a free consult) and learn your options. Do it on the down low, of course. Do the research, read Florida state statutes chapter 61, and when you have the knowledge it's not something to be scared of. Much more scary to live in misery for a long time, I think.
Yea, I was thinking I should be in a good position, its just the horror stories that get me. I think I will go meet with a lawyer like your saying just to get the options. Thank You
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #440
Boben5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 328 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I'm sorry, this thread has taken a different direction now. Your post is totally irrelevant to the new direction, please read the last page carefully and try again....
I don't give a sh_t of the direction of the thread, so try again.