BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

EXXEL Distributions

06-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #617
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Kobe always wants to shoot when it's down to the wire. The Magic played well, Lakers didn't suck, they played OK, just not as well as the Magic. The Magic was shooting ridiculously well and against a mediocre performing Laker, the lead would easily be 10+ by 4th quarter.

Rafer was pretty darn good tonight. I think the coach and Jameer saw that and didn't wanna interrupt his flow.

I'm waiting for the fans to say "Lakers lost on purpose so they can close it back at home" LOL

I also LOL'd at Vitamin Water and how they had the Kobe and Dwight up now...the boys get their vitamins!

i was thinking the same thing. lebron got kicked out..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #618
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post

i was thinking the same thing. lebron got kicked out..
Even Nike got it on it, haha.

"Lebron, can we call Kobe after the game?"

"Lebron, don't be sad. Michael didn't get a ring until his 7th year. Sir Charles doesn't even have a ring"

I like Dwight's Vitamin Water commercial more though. Dude is hilarious. They should've done the same for Lebron, seeing as how he's a funny guy too.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #619
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

for a team to shout 62.5 percent(a finals record high in history) they should have ripped the lakers apart but only won by 4.

Actually if kobe make the 5 free throws they would have won...

Lakers in 5/6
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #620
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
for a team to shout 62.5 percent(a finals record high in history) they should have ripped the lakers apart but only won by 4.

Lakers in 5/6
ok...(who think Lakers is a 1 man team)
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #621
shahsk30
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow BMW

Quote:

Lakers in 5/6
excuses...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #622
MrAdams
do a wheelie!!!
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - '72 2002 - '65 Impala

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989baby View Post
I'm praying for a sweep BUT!!! I think they might loose tonight and win the next 2 after that. GAME 5!
I hope I'm right!
      06-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #623
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsk30 View Post
excuses...
actually if you read more carefully its all fact.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #624
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
ok...(who think Lakers is a 1 man team)
what are you talking about? Gasol is awesome...

BTW... this commercial f'n cracks me up everytime i see it.

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBF1lsZUlUI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBF1lsZUlUI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #625
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:

Lakers in 5/6
If not for Kobe making 17 points on ridiculous shots in the 2nd or the Lakers going 9 for 12 at the beginning of the 4th, the score would not have been that close. Also in case you're wondering why he missed those 5 free throws, the guy is gased.

If the Lakers lose tonight, the Magic win this series because they simply don't care how many games they're down and L.A. teams aren't exactly "tough". The fact that Superman hasn't been the offensive force he was against the Celtics and the scores have been tight, isn't a good sign.

If you watched the 4th quarter, you saw a Kobe Bryant that was out of juice. This is probably going to be last years finals all over again.
      06-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #626
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
If not for Kobe making 17 points on ridiculous shots in the 2nd or the Lakers going 9 for 12 at the beginning of the 4th, the score would not have been that close. Also in case you're wondering why he missed those 5 free throws, the guy is gased.

If the Lakers lose tonight, the Magic win this series because they simply don't care how many games they're down and L.A. teams aren't exactly "tough". The fact that Superman hasn't been the offensive force he was against the Celtics and the scores have been tight, isn't a good sign.

If you watched the 4th quarter, you saw a Kobe Bryant that was out of juice. This is probably going to be last years finals all over again.

I'm sick of hearing the "LA teams aren't tough" crap.

Being soft doesn't get you to the finals two years in a row. Being soft doesn't get you past Denver who people thought were "tough, thuggish" etc. The Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets were all physical teams. Where are they?

The fact that "Superman hasn't been the offensive force" he was shows the Lakers are "tougher" inside than you think.

As far as Kobe making those shots? That's what he does.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #627
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Fuck Kobe....Go Magic
      06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #628
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
I'm sick of hearing the "LA teams aren't tough" crap.

Being soft doesn't get you to the finals two years in a row. Being soft doesn't get you past Denver who people thought were "tough, thuggish" etc. The Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets were all physical teams. Where are they?

The fact that "Superman hasn't been the offensive force" he was shows the Lakers are "tougher" inside than you think.

As far as Kobe making those shots? That's what he does.
So where was Kobe in the 4th quarter or the last two finals before this one? LOL "thats what he does"...lame.

Were the Nuggets "thugs" because they were black and were tatted up? They were a young Western conference team who had never been in that position and the Lakers took advantage of that. The Jazz were offensively challenged and gee the Rockets were only missing their superstar center.

Just like last year when they got their asses handed to them by the Celtics, if they lose tonights game, then they're done because they'll revert to Kobe against the Magic and that has never worked.

Oh and the reason Superman hasn't been the offensive force he was in the previous series is because, now you have to watch the game, they're shadowing him with one or both guards not to mention the center he's playing against and daring the perimeter to beat them.
      06-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #629
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
So where was Kobe in the 4th quarter or the last two finals before this one? LOL "thats what he does"...lame.

Were the Nuggets "thugs" because they were black and were tatted up? They were a young Western conference team who had never been in that position and the Lakers took advantage of that. The Jazz were offensively challenged and gee the Rockets were only missing their superstar center.

Just like last year when they got their asses handed to them by the Celtics, if they lose tonights game, then they're done because they'll revert to Kobe against the Magic and that has never worked.

Oh and the reason Superman hasn't been the offensive force he was in the previous series is because, now you have to watch the game, they're shadowing him with one or both guards not to mention the center he's playing against and daring the perimeter to beat them.

instead of critizing the bad hes done, why dont you talk about the good? The man is only human and humans do make mistakes..

All of you sound like such haters.... whats so hard to understand that hes the best player in the game?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #630
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
instead of critizing the bad hes done, why dont you talk about the good? The man is only human and humans do make mistakes..

All of you sound like such haters.... whats so hard to understand that hes the best player in the game?
You're right, he is the best in the game. Like everyone on the planet says, he's the best closer in basketball. To hear about how the Magic are just going to keel over while the Lakers run over them is whats jacked up. I'm a realist. The Magic have three allstars and should've won game 2 on LA's floor. Hell, PJ said so himself with the non-goaltended call.Respect goes both ways. Just assuming because the score was close in game 3 is asinine.

If LA ever wakes up and realize that Pau Gasol is on the team and they should feed the ball to him and less to a shooting guard which will always have a lower shooting percentage, then they'll win in game 6. Hell Pau shot 75% on 9 for 12.
      06-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #631
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Where was Kobe? Being quadruple teamed?

That's funny, don't even hint I am a racist because that's what you are implying.

The "Thuggets" are thugs because of how they play and their history on/off the court. KMart? HELLO. JR Smith? Didn't he get caught with a gun at the AIRPORT? LOL. Melo has a video of him being pretty thuggish.

Quote:

Lakers done? LOL. Need I remind u that they have home court? It's a different series. The Lakers blew game 2 last year and if they didn't, it would've been clearly different. The Lakers didn't get swept, they took it to game 6.

Plus the Lakers have some bigs unlike the Cavs who guarded him with a dinosaur in the Big Z.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #632
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
You're right, he is the best in the game. Like everyone on the planet says, he's the best closer in basketball. To hear about how the Magic are just going to keel over while the Lakers run over them is whats jacked up. I'm a realist. The Magic have three allstars and should've won game 2 on LA's floor. Hell, PJ said so himself with the non-goaltended call.Respect goes both ways. Just assuming because the score was close in game 3 is asinine.
They didn't make the same call in the first quarter where D12 actually went thru the basket to block Pau's dunk. His hand actually hit the ball. The difference between Pau's and Courtney Lee's were totally different. The shot had no chance of making it (Lee's).

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #633
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Where was Kobe? Being quadruple teamed?

That's funny, don't even hint I am a racist because that's what you are implying.

The "Thuggets" are thugs because of how they play and their history on/off the court. KMart? HELLO. JR Smith? Didn't he get caught with a gun at the AIRPORT? LOL. Melo has a video of him being pretty thuggish.
If it makes you feel better to think he was quadruple teamed then whatever. He has been, for the most part, guarded by Lee or Petrius one on one, and they're getting roasted. At least Lee is.

Um gee, how conveinent is it to forget Kobe rape to trial for rape the year they lost the finals to Detroit? I still remember how no one in the world thought they'd lose and the Pistons ended up making Kobe look like Sasha.

Oh and save the "Melo has a video acting thuggish" crap. The NBA is full of wannabe gangstas. It's also full of idiots who break the law in every sport. Nothing new.

Quote:
Lakers done? LOL. Need I remind u that they have home court? It's a different series. The Lakers blew game 2 last year and if they didn't, it would've been clearly different. The Lakers didn't get swept, they took it to game 6.

Plus the Lakers have some bigs unlike the Cavs who guarded him with a dinosaur in the Big Z.
There you go again posting bullshit. They rotated 3 or 4 guys on him and it didn't matter. Just like Lee or Pietrus guarding Kobe primarily. It's laughable that you state he was guarded by just Z.
      06-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #634
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They didn't make the same call in the first quarter where D12 actually went thru the basket to block Pau's dunk. His hand actually hit the ball. The difference between Pau's and Courtney Lee's were totally different. The shot had no chance of making it (Lee's).
Well I guess you and Phil Jackson need to have a conversation and figure out who's right.
      06-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #635
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
If it makes you feel better to think he was quadruple teamed then whatever. He has been, for the most part, guarded by Lee or Petrius one on one, and they're getting roasted. At least Lee is.
I was referring to last year vs the Celtics as it was in your quote. " Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
So where was Kobe in the 4th quarter or the last two finals before this one? LOL "thats what he does"...lame."

Quote:
Um gee, how conveinent is it to forget Kobe rape to trial for rape the year they lost the finals to Detroit? I still remember how no one in the world thought they'd lose and the Pistons ended up making Kobe look like Sasha.
How is that relevant to anything?

Quote:
Oh and save the "Melo has a video acting thuggish" crap. The NBA is full of wannabe gangstas. It's also full of idiots who break the law in every sport. Nothing new.
He was in a video "Stop snitchin" that was saying for informants to stop snitching. Of course it's nothing new but YOU specifically asked how they are thugs so I responded.

Quote:
There you go again posting bullshit. They rotated 3 or 4 guys on him and it didn't matter. Just like Lee or Pietrus guarding Kobe primarily. It's laughable that you state he was guarded by just Z.
There you go in not even knowing what I was responding to.

Quote:
Well I guess you and Phil Jackson need to have a conversation and figure out who's right.
RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

"There you go again posting bullshit. " I guess you need to understand the rulebook better.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #636
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
BTW, none of this stopped those reasons prevented those teams from being physical. Being physical is mostly mental, the Lakers didn't have it last year or did they understand it. It is in my opinion that the Lakers learned from their defeat last year to learn they need to play more physical.

If you disagree, feel free to leave reasons that indicate they haven't been tough.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #637
shahsk30
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow BMW

calm down you two lol
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #638
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How is that relevant to anything? ]
You posted examples of criminal behavior and I reminded you that Kobe falls in that category as well. Yes he was acquitted but so was O.J.

Quote:
He was in a video "Stop snitchin" that was saying for informants to stop snitching. Of course it's nothing new but YOU specifically asked how they are thugs so I responded.]
Wow, so he's a thug because of a few seconds on a music video? Again, what makes the Denver Nuggets different from any other team in sports with players who have broken the law or made questionable decisions?

Quote:
There you go in not even knowing what I was responding to.]
You're right, everything is so garbled I have no idea what this quote was responding to. Let me scroll back up and find it...

Got it. You stated that Howard was solely guarded by an old dinosaur like Big Z. If you were fair and impartial, you'd have mentioned Wallace, Varejao, Smith, and even labron. In case you didn't know, the Cavs were ranked number #1 in defensive efficiency. Obviously their scheme didn't work against the Magic, but neither did the Celtic's without KG.

Quote:
RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

"There you go again posting bullshit. " I guess you need to understand the rulebook better.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html
Again, clearly Phil Jackson, you know the head coach of YOUR team, disagrees with you. Call him up and teach him a thing or two champ.
Appreciate 0