BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #23
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Question I have a Remus race and I want that set up were would be a good place for me to start looking. I want to get the quad setup and add the valves if that is posible to my Remus set up
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-streets View Post
Question I have a Remus race and I want that set up were would be a good place for me to start looking. I want to get the quad setup and add the valves if that is posible to my Remus set up
Man that thing will be loud! This might seem like a joke but to test the valve effect try cutting down two potatoes and blocking off the middle tips.

When you finished testing you can have baked potatoes for lunch :-)

It looks like it might be hard with the Remus to fit up a valve kit as one of the tips have to be cut right back to fit a valve kit, you would have to check locally.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Man that thing will be loud! This might seem like a joke but to test the valve effect try cutting down two potatoes and blocking off the middle tips.

It looks like it might be hard with the Remus to fit up a valve kit as one of the tips have to be cut right back to fit a valve kit, you would have to check locally.
im going to look around on the valves. i have a xpipe already with my remus race and a set of resonators. im looking to tone it down a little bit do you think a extra set of them will help i hope so because im already comited to the resonators lol
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Four resonators are quieter than two. But if you chose a rear exhaust that is obnoxiously loud with a stock midpipe, even an aftermarket midpipe with 4 resonators will still be louder.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #27
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post

i thought that the actual design for the exhaust changes when adding a valve system. one of the tips is usually a straight pipe, this one will have the valve. the other one will have a different design with more restriction than the valved tip hence being quieter when the valved one is closed.
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #28
SAM3
///M
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker30 View Post
I have the Sport with Quads. Before I was simply running stock. There is a noticable power gain on the low end and a huge increase in sound all around. I am considering the valves to quiet it down for cruising around town. Overall awesome product.
The valves are worth every cent. Mine had an Akra Evo before , and the Gintani Quads have a much quieter sound with valves closed at idle and slightly louder with valves open. Fuel smell was around the same with the quad resonated as the Akra Evo with 100 CPSI HFC. I have a slightly higher power gain than previous set-up and at the track the other day I was pulling away from another M3 with another brand X pipe and rear section, other than that the cars were almost identical, same tune etc.... In my case the results are the best of all tried so far. Whilst sound preferences are subjective I believe this system produces the best sound an M3 can
Hi Dave
I got my system installed and sounds really mean! I'm loving every single bit of it! But my neighbors aren't that happy when I come to warm it up! Now I'm considering installing some valves to it, is it possible to do so ?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #29
Mtune
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey guys.

Anyone have a quad resonator x pipe fitted with the stock muffler?

How does it sound at idle, low revs, midrange, high revs and downchange?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #30
miked7285
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtune View Post
Hey guys.

Anyone have a quad resonator x pipe fitted with the stock muffler?

How does it sound at idle, low revs, midrange, high revs and downchange?
Yeah I'd love to know how this would sound as well!
Appreciate 0