BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Closed Thread

08-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDyDinanM View Post
I had points dropped and the charges changed (faulty vehicle) by taking an online driving course (suggested by the cop). Just paid a fine. However, they will look at your driving record and if its good, they'll likely drop it. If not, then no they likely won't.
Thanks man, yeah my record is very clean so I'm hoping that comes into play.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
exVtekGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none yet

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-dlc.pdf

you should read that. according to this, no points for out of state speeding tickets. you should check with your dmv to be sure tho.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #25
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
Let me know how that goes as well man, we kinda got the same speeding violation, you got 17 over and i have 18 over. Is yours in a residential area? And does that make a difference, i.e. Highway VS Residential roads? also someone PM'd me saying it might be reckless driving, but someone else said it's only reckless if it's 20 over? Do you know the answer? And wouldn't it say that on the ticket if it was reckless, cuz i got a reckless back when I was a teenager and it was on the ticket, no surprises waiting in court. Thanks again bro
Reckless is 20+ over so don't worry. Speeding in residential zones usually carry an extra $200 on your ticket, not sure about points though. Regardless, a good driving record helps out a lot.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread