BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

03-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
danny929
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue M3 COUPE

premium sound went CRAZY, all music from one speaker

Hey guys,

So i was going through my idrive, when i checked my oil level . all of a sudden i heard a pop and all my music was played from my dashboard speaker (like when using bluetooth)

I tried to adjust the equalizer and bass as well as fadar, it was as if my speaker had no power ( no bass , no bumb). It was so wiered it sounded like my music (fm/ cd and aux) where all being played from my front or rear speakers, my sides barely produced sound.

I left my car off for a few hours and turned it on, now it sounds fine. I have premium sound and went to my local dealer, as usual they said its fine dont worry.

Im scared that my audio is not working at full potential even though the problem is gone, has anyone ever had this problem ( i dont think i blew any speakers)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

were you listening to something connected to AUX at the time? If so then try moving the mini plug around. The first day I got my car I had all kinds of static and sound wasn't coming out of all speakers when using AUX. It turned out to be the mini plug connection was just a little loose.
      03-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
danny929
Private First Class
Rep

no i tryed all inputs and sound was so bad!!!! then its ok
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny929 View Post
Hey guys,

So i was going through my idrive, when i checked my oil level . all of a sudden i heard a pop and all my music was played from my dashboard speaker (like when using bluetooth)

I tried to adjust the equalizer and bass as well as fadar, it was as if my speaker had no power ( no bass , no bumb). It was so wiered it sounded like my music (fm/ cd and aux) where all being played from my front or rear speakers, my sides barely produced sound.

I left my car off for a few hours and turned it on, now it sounds fine. I have premium sound and went to my local dealer, as usual they said its fine dont worry.

Im scared that my audio is not working at full potential even though the problem is gone, has anyone ever had this problem ( i dont think i blew any speakers)
What is the production date of your 2008 M3?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
danny929
Private First Class
Rep

prob early 2008 . y?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
prob early 2008 . y?
The date is printed in a tag close to the driver's door jam... if the date is 03/08 or before then most probably the issue of your premium sound is the OEM amp overheating.

There is a TSB for the replacement of that amp.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
danny929
Private First Class
Rep

how can i get a list of tsbs?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
how can i get a list of tsbs?
At your dealer or paying a subscription to www.alldata.com...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
The TSB is on this forum some where, I have seen it some months back!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
GatorGreg
Rep
Drives: 08' AW E92 M3

Hi,

I had a simular problem with my 08 M3. The subwoofer(s) stop playing bass on an intermittent basis. I finally figured out how to reproduce the problem when at the dealer. After demonstrating the problem to them, they proceeded to order a new amp for the car. It is in the shop today getting the new amp installed. I will let you know if this fixes the problem.

-Greg
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

My car is 6/08 build, and the other day when switching from CD to SAT, an incredibly loud (and high pitch) blast came out of the left front door speakers (mostly tweeter I guess, due to the high frequency). My daughter jumped out of the seat. It lasted a moment and everything was fine after that. It coincided with me turning down the volume at the steering wheel after realizing it could have been too high for SAT. Maybe I 'interrupted' something. Haven't been able to duplicate it without touching the steering wheel buttons, so hope it was the last of it, but not confidence inspiring for sure. I posted this, and somebody else reported the speakers going nuts when opening the trunk. Yes, the freaking trunk. This guy had to disconnect the amp for the noise to stop. There seems to be gremlins with this system. Just hope if mine is going to crap out, to do so before warranty expires. Keep us posted man.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
GatorGreg
Rep
Drives: 08' AW E92 M3

Update:

The new amp seems to have fixed my bass problem Although my problem was not the "loud noise" reported by a few folks - it does appear that the '08 amp is suspect.

If you find yourself with a simular problem as mine, the key to getting it fixed will be being able to repo the problem when at the dealer. Not all dealer technicians will be good at picking out a subbtle problem when listening to music. For that reason, you should (using a laptop computer and special software) playback consatant bass tones into the AUX input. Once the speaker(s) start to act up - it is much easier to pick out and prove that there IS a problem to the dealer technician. That is what I did and it worked! I tried a previous time using a music CD and that didn't pan out

Cheers,
Greg
Appreciate 0