BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #23
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

i sat in this car last week..it looks great in person. an improvement over the 350z inside and out. i just wish it was lighter. its basically a sleeker better handling 350 since it weights the same as the old one :/
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #24
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
So many cars so little money...Id get an S2K and keep it forever(AP1). These s2k are timeless
I'm thinking about picking up an 06 with < 20k since it has stability control and keeping it forever. Nothing else really makes me happy at that price point. I went to the Int'l car show tonight and saw the 370Z. I still cant bring myself to love the looks. Ughh. I've been raced by so many of them that I dont wanna own one.
      11-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #25
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_TT View Post
I was gona buy the 350Z in orange last year and i test drove it and everythn bc it was the last one in surrounding cities and told him to hold it for when i get off work id buy it but nooo... he sold it while i was at work lol oh well. And idk who says a Z didnt have much punch but my friends sure does and hardly spends money and woops many cars.
I still remember this bad ass video of a Greddy TT 350Z i saw some 4 years ago, 10 grand with supporting mods but sooo amazing.

BForbes, sometimes i think i should "go cheap" and ditch my plans for a 135i for an S2k. Dealer in my hometown has a new 07, might be able to get it for $25k or so...so tempting.
      11-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #26
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love View Post
I still remember this bad ass video of a Greddy TT 350Z i saw some 4 years ago, 10 grand with supporting mods but sooo amazing.

BForbes, sometimes i think i should "go cheap" and ditch my plans for a 135i for an S2k. Dealer in my hometown has a new 07, might be able to get it for $25k or so...so tempting.
Id go cheap....with the difference you can buy a nice daily and enjoy the s2k on sunny days. I almost went 350z/B6 S4 combo instead of the 135. The 1 is cool but there are plenty of other cars that might be slower but will give you a very rewarding experience(i.e I miss my rsx-s(had two of them)....if only that car was RWD...... wait they do its called an s2k. Kicking the hell out of a car without being scared of having mechanical issues and thanks to Hondata reving the little K20A2 up to 8600 trm....Ill go dream about a plan how to make tons of money in order to keep the 1 and have a nice stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #27
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:

Have you ever driven an s2k? You have to play with the car in the upper RPM range or else you wont be that impressed with the aceleration. I had company and borrowed my buddies 07 Legacy GT spec B for about a week. It was a spiffy car. I hopped back in my car and felt so strange getting up into the high rpms. I was scared as if I was hurting the car. I forgot I've been doing that for 90,000 miles!!! My fears wore off quick. Its what the car was designed to do.

MTLA has a point. I cant explain the experience. I never had a car this long(almost 5yr).

11-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #28
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

I like the looks of it and the performance seems good for the price. It does make me laugh when I think back to when the oner came out and everyone was calling it a fat pig and now this comes out in the same weight class with two less seats and much less refinement.
      11-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #29
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

I was > < that close to going the cheap route and getting an s2k. Nothing like a light weight, reliable sports car. Used 04-05 models can be had for cheap, especially heading into the winter.

Ultimately, I just couldn't justify a 2 seater, so I went with the 1. Not disappointed so far.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #30
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES45 View Post
I like the looks of it and the performance seems good for the price. It does make me laugh when I think back to when the oner came out and everyone was calling it a fat pig and now this comes out in the same weight class with two less seats and much less refinement.

Truth is, haters will bash anything...

So many people wanted the 1 to have the weight of a Lotus, the acceleration of a Veyron, and the interior size of a cargo van. Oh, and starting @ 19.95 with free shipping and handling.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
I wonder how aftermarket parts will be for the 370Z if theyre gona do many things or just a few... for ex: Mazda Speed 6 didnt get many things made for it but as for the Mazda Speed 3 theres a lot of stuff available... but I doubt it will be like that for the Nissan, theyre always good with performance.

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #32
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Have you ever driven an s2k? You have to play with the car in the upper RPM range or else you wont be that impressed with the aceleration. I had company and borrowed my buddies 07 Legacy GT spec B for about a week. It was a spiffy car. I hopped back in my car and felt so strange getting up into the high rpms. I was scared as if I was hurting the car. I forgot I've been doing that for 90,000 miles!!! My fears wore off quick. Its what the car was designed to do.

MTLA has a point. I cant explain the experience. I never had a car this long(almost 5yr).

I have driven an S2k on a couple occasions, but they were both new cars so i didn't push them. I was really impressed with the handling and the fact that its a drop top and the snug interior with the top up.
      11-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #33
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
I have driven an S2k on a couple occasions, but they were both new cars so i didn't push them. I was really impressed with the handling and the fact that its a drop top and the snug interior with the top up.
Thats what I like about it too. The car fits me like a glove. I'm 155lb and about 5'8. Too bad you didnt couldnt her up man. You'd think you were Mr. F1 for a few seconds..lol
      11-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #34
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I just can't get over the motor in the Z. I owned a G35 coupe back in 2003 but sold it after just 6 months because I was sick the the engine feeling like a tractor motor when I revved it up. It was very coarse at redline and vibrated the hell out of the shifter. I'll stick with my smooth as silk inline 6.
Appreciate 0