BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

A parking violation for $15 that ignored for a couple of months then lived away from home for a couple more months is now coming to hunt me. They send it to collection??!!

What the hell does that mean. It's only a damn $40 now. They told me in the letter dated 11/9 that if i responded promptly its not gonna be posted on my credit.

I just checked my mail today and I received it and paid the damn thing.

Is that going to be actually posted on my credit history or affect it in any way?
      11-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77 View Post
A parking violation for $15 that ignored for a couple of months then lived away from home for a couple more months is now coming to hunt me. They send it to collection??!!

What the hell does that mean. It's only a damn $40 now. They told me in the letter dated 11/9 that if i responded promptly its not gonna be posted on my credit.

I just checked my mail today and I received it and paid the damn thing.

Is that going to be actually posted on my credit history or affect it in any way?
yes!

the only hit on my credit is/was a collection for property tax for a boat I owned. The tax bill got sent to the storage facility (for the record, I gave them the correct mailing address and the correct storage address, and a phone number, which they called when it went to collection, and I paid it on the day I was made aware of it)

it was a small amount if money, and as long as it is the only hit on your credit it shouldn't be a big deal (I have not had any trouble due to my ding, refinancing and buying a second home) especially with all the foreclosures going on, the bar is being lowered
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

i've been scammed thousands before (fraudulent charges), i'm off the credit system...

you paid for it already, so it's done. but you could have negotiated (e.g. you can have $20 or i'm not paying). for parking tickets, they could put a hold on your car's registration. but for other stuff, it's open to debate. once i got a random bill from a doctor i've never met: it was bs. there are ways to argue and have collection records taken off your credit.

that's why i'm all cash. sue me (i don't have any money that you can get to). put it on my credit, i don't care (i don't need credit). my phone's prepaid, my house is part of a blind trust, my m3's not worth the trouble. everything else is under my parents.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 11-26-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
i've been scammed thousands before (fraudulent charges), i'm off the credit system...

you paid for it already, so it's done. but you could have negotiated (e.g. you can have $20 or i'm not paying). for parking tickets, they could put a hold on your car's registration. but for other stuff, it's open to debate. once i got a random bill from a doctor i've never met: it was bs. there are ways to argue and have collection records taken off your credit.

that's why i'm all cash. sue me (i don't have any money that you can get to). put it on my credit, i don't care (i don't need credit). my phone's prepaid, my house is part of a blind trust, my m3's not worth the trouble. everything else is under my parents.
unless you have a lifetime of inheritance ahead of you, your plan is short sighted.

Yes, you can argue hits on your credit, I have no experience doing it.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
unless you have a lifetime of inheritance ahead of you, your plan is short sighted.

Yes, you can argue hits on your credit, I have no experience doing it.
house paid for, worst case i rent out the 2nd floor. though i am doing some international biz also

i spent more when i was actually in college. it's a pretty tight ship around here.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
jumpthewire
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 silver/grey Z4 3.0si

Check out creditkarma.com. Free way to an eye on your credit score.

Only place i found that's free with unlimited checking. I check mine monthly!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

More and more, it makes BUSINESS SENSE for a local city/county/state to turn over collections to a COLLECTIONS agency.

You owe $20 that you didn't pay to the city. After 12-18 months the city would write it off as a loss anyways, to clear their books. If they send it to a collection agency, they write it off sooner, AND they just might get some money. Even if they give 20% on recovery, 80% of $20+ late fees is still better than the normal stick in the eye they get.
Appreciate 0