BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #89
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal f80 View Post
I dont know .. . . there was a couple scenes where he was firing endlessly i think near the end . I know he kept grabbing other guns but man they must have all had 20 round mags
A lot of 9mm handguns have 15-18rnd mags nowadays.

I thought the movie was great. There were a few spots where the gunplay seemed more 'made for movie' than actually necessary (one-handed chamber check immediately after reloading the 1911 comes to mind), but otherwise I loved it. I particularly loved the way they used extremely limited dialogue throughout the movie and still told the story.
      02-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #90
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
A lot of 9mm handguns have 15-18rnd mags nowadays.
i wouldnt know . i live in cali
Appreciate 2
fravel1644.50
shoei7778.00
      02-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #91
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

So now that many of you have seen it and we are discussing... I'd like to know if there is this secret society of Assassins running amuck among us???

But seriously though... I have wondered how many true Hitmen are out there?

Back to the movie... At the end, the entire park had what, a couple of hundred hitmen all in that circle park area??? I mean damn... So basically, Keanu was given an "hour head start to get the fok out of dodge" before they all go after him?
      02-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #92
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Back to the movie... At the end, the entire park had what, a couple of hundred hitmen all in that circle park area??? I mean damn... So basically, Keanu was given an "hour head start to get the fok out of dodge" before they all go after him?
That was my understanding. I think it kinda sucked that he was excommunicated from the Continental. That was one of the best aspects of the movie IMO. But I think he could potentially get help from a number of people including Common, Fishburne, or the boss he made peace with in the beginning.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13610.00
      02-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #93
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
That was my understanding. I think it kinda sucked that he was excommunicated from the Continental. That was one of the best aspects of the movie IMO. But I think he could potentially get help from a number of people including Common, Fishburne, or the boss he made peace with in the beginning.
Good points! Agreed. The whole Continental, played a intriguing and entertaining aspect to this movie!
      02-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #94
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Where will he get his Blanton's?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #95
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
So now that many of you have seen it and we are discussing... I'd like to know if there is this secret society of Assassins running amuck among us???

But seriously though... I have wondered how many true Hitmen are out there?

I don't think they were all hitmen so much as it being a demonstration of how influential "management" is, the call that went out was that he was excommunicated and therefore no longer has access to the various services that the management provided. No more custom suits, no more access to an arsenal of weaponry, even the guy who was supposed to be fixing his car is on the payroll and can no longer help him.

Wick is truly alone now.
      02-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #96
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I don't think they were all hitmen so much as it being a demonstration of how influential "management" is, the call that went out was that he was excommunicated and therefore no longer has access to the various services that the management provided. No more custom suits, no more access to an arsenal of weaponry, even the guy who was supposed to be fixing his car is on the payroll and can no longer help him.

Wick is truly alone now.
i think common will be with him . maybe the butch chick too
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #97
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Why would Common help him? Wick killed his ward and left him with a knife in his chest - if anything he's got an even bigger grudge against Wick now.

Ruby Rose's character is dead.
      02-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #98
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal f80 View Post
i think common will be with him . maybe the butch chick too
If you are referring to Ruby Rose, I never saw the movie indicate she was indeed gay?
And even though we didn't see her die, she was certainly on her way.

I actually find women with short hair sexy! It demonstrates a sense of style and uniqueness not all women have or can pull off.

*edit* After looking up her sexual preference online I see that she is in fact gay. But, I normally don't just associate short hair females with being gay. I dated several back in the day that are very much feminine and only into guys.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #99
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Why would Common help him? Wick killed his ward and left him with a knife in his chest - if anything he's got an even bigger grudge against Wick now.

Ruby Rose's character is dead.
I had the same thought as NorCal. Wick did kill his ward but he (Cassian) lost the fight fair and square while trying to avenge her. I think that coupled with Wick having had no choice in the matter + taking out the person responsible despite knowing the repercussion to himself will pull Cassian in.

Not sure about Morpheus but I think Aurelio might help Wick out as well. At the very least, return his ride to him.

I actually missed the very beginning of the movie.....what was Wick doing at the warehouse of the Russian guy? I came in when his Mustang was already partially jacked up and the fighting was underway. Poor, poor Mustang....love those Gen1 fastbacks.
      02-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #100
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
I had the same thought as NorCal. Wick did kill his ward but he (Cassian) lost the fight fair and square while trying to avenge her. I think that coupled with Wick having had no choice in the matter + taking out the person responsible despite knowing the repercussion to himself will pull Cassian in.
Ok, I can see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones
Not sure about Morpheus but I think Aurelio might help Wick out as well. At the very least, return his ride to him.
I hope so - that car deserves to live again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones
I actually missed the very beginning of the movie.....what was Wick doing at the warehouse of the Russian guy? I came in when his Mustang was already partially jacked up and the fighting was underway. Poor, poor Mustang....love those Gen1 fastbacks.
Getting his car back, haha.
      02-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #101
Lowflight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

What's the contract up to Earle. 7 million. Damn!!!!! We eatin at Applebee's after this. Lol
Appreciate 0