BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

02-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #23
GR8TNESS
Bow in the presence of...
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Congrats! What a sick combo! MCB with RB interior!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #24
24 sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 coupe edition

nice

m8 wise choice on mcb i have the edition mcb and looks fantastic best colour for m3 imo and very unique well for now have a feeling if they make it a standard colour it will be very popular which sucks.congratsi anyway dude
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #25
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Thanks brother, looking forward to it. All I've got to look at right now are a few pics and this teaser photoshop that BMW sent me last week. Sits too high and a little bright for MCB but it's all I've got.

But not to worry about your last comments....it won't be a standard color
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-20-2010 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #26
24 sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 coupe edition

aw there is a god lol.al post sum pics of mine whn the sun decides to come out in scotland for you, to give you a beta look mark.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
Beau
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats Mark!!

You must be in hog heaven. I know I would be. Must be fun to wait for it! That's amazing you were with the force for 32 years. Happy Birthday!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #28
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 sd View Post
aw there is a god lol.
Yes....and she works for M Division as a matter of fact!!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #29
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Congrats Mark!!

You must be in hog heaven. I know I would be. Must be fun to wait for it! That's amazing you were with the force for 32 years. Happy Birthday!
Thanks brother. But the "fun" part.....isn't so fun. Oh well, all these neat forums keep me going, don't know what I'd do if I couldn't surf here every few days!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #30
m3nova
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

OUTSTANDING SELECTION MARK!

I am also getting antsy. I am slated for ED in July, although my order is not finalized yet (still considering Frozen Grey and Comp Pack). Similar to you, this is my (slightly pre) retirement gift from the Canadian Forces!

Need to get you contact at the M division so I can determine what is within the realm of possibility. I just heard from my dealer that I have been invited to tour the M facilities in Munich when I pick up. Bringing my son. Should be priceless!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #31
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nova View Post
OUTSTANDING SELECTION MARK!

I am also getting antsy. I am slated for ED in July, although my order is not finalized yet (still considering Frozen Grey and Comp Pack). Similar to you, this is my (slightly pre) retirement gift from the Canadian Forces!

Need to get you contact at the M division so I can determine what is within the realm of possibility. I just heard from my dealer that I have been invited to tour the M facilities in Munich when I pick up. Bringing my son. Should be priceless!
Hey there...... what are the specs of your car? I am going to be in Halifax from the 16th of August till the 1st of September and would love to meet up and compare rides! Alex///M is also in Halifax and I was supposed to meet up with him last year but unfortunately my 09 M3 was written off. Hopefully all three of us can meet up this year!

Let me know if you will be around in August.... Hopefully your car will be re-delivered by then!

Last edited by BMRLVR; 02-16-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #32
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Congratulations Sir, your car looks brilliant.........I didn't know we can "personalize" our M like this...

BTW, could you please ask you RCMP colleagues not to pull over my car even when I drive at 50km/h?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
Congratulations Sir, your car looks brilliant.........I didn't know we can "personalize" our M like this...

BTW, could you please ask you RCMP colleagues not to pull over my car even when I drive at 50km/h?
Hey Jordan, I've sent a PM to Commissioner Elliott so all should be good. But the "pulling me over when I drive 50 km/h" thing might be a problem. Done that myself.....but it's only for a closer look and a personal thumbs up to the owner. Car guys will be car guys you know. And just because I drove a Crown Vic didn't make me a bad person.

Congrats on your Edition btw - looks really slick, especially the interior

All the best - Mark
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #34
defm
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

I am also turning forty- eleven (51) and next week is my turn to make my dream come true. Congratulations on your choice, Im thinking about black and rust brown with zcp, have not had many sleep for days but for days thinking about the color options and configuring the car over and over again. The dealer is not very helpfull a still cant picture the car in my head. Please post pictures of the interior of your car. I've seen fox red and bamboo beige in person and the first looked more like orange than red and the second was too pale for my taste, so comparing it to your pics will help a great deal. Again, Mr. Mark my best wishes with your new M3
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #35
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Are there pics of rust brown? Is it different than fox red?
      02-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #36
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Are there pics of rust brown? Is it different than fox red?
Yes, it's very different. I hesitate to post this pic because it's not a fair representation of what the car's going to look like. The colors are close but not quite right (and doesn't show the dark anthracite stitching which is used throughout the interior) and no amount of photoshopping (this is a BMW photoshop) can do it justice. I originally chose and compared the colors with large paint and leather samples which solidified my decision. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but oh well !!

BTW, just received a "tentative" ED pickup date of Monday May 10th.

Just 79 days (oh good lord) and counting
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-20-2010 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #37
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Yes, it's very different. I hesitate to post this pic because it's not a fair representation of what the car's going to look like. The colors are close but not quite right (and doesn't show the dark anthracite stitching which is used throughout the interior) and no amount of photoshopping (this is a BMW photoshop) can do it justice. I originally chose and compared the colors with large paint and leather samples which solidified my decision. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but oh well !!

the color looks so special... and a lot of leather nice
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #38
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

I just ordered an AW 2011 individual with Platinum Leather and Piano Black. However, you have a few touches in that picture which I'm not sure how you got. Check out the pic I attached. I put white dots on the items that are normally black, even on an individual. Did you do something special to get them to make those pieces in Rust for you or did they automatically do it as part of the individual interior?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #39
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post

I am picking mine up on May 7th. Too bad we're leaving Munich on the 8th, otherwise I would love to check it out!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #40
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by defm View Post
I am also turning forty- eleven (51) and next week is my turn to make my dream come true. Congratulations on your choice, Im thinking about black and rust brown with zcp, have not had many sleep for days but for days thinking about the color options and configuring the car over and over again. The dealer is not very helpfull a still cant picture the car in my head. Please post pictures of the interior of your car. I've seen fox red and bamboo beige in person and the first looked more like orange than red and the second was too pale for my taste, so comparing it to your pics will help a great deal. Again, Mr. Mark my best wishes with your new M3
OK brother, never mind the PM. Hope these pics help out. Let us know what you're doing. And I thought you were doing Frozen Grey. What happened???
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #41
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
I am picking mine up on May 7th. Too bad we're leaving Munich on the 8th, otherwise I would love to check it out!
Ah crap. I was really hoping that one, two or a few of the forum people would be there the same week for a get together in Munich. Oh well, you have fun, gonna be something to remember I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #42
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
I just ordered an AW 2011 individual with Platinum Leather and Piano Black. However, you have a few touches in that picture which I'm not sure how you got. Check out the pic I attached. I put white dots on the items that are normally black, even on an individual. Did you do something special to get them to make those pieces in Rust for you or did they automatically do it as part of the individual interior?
Firstly brother, AW and platinum is going to be smooooooooooooooth! Wow, what a choice. Good for you. Way to be different!!!

As for your dots, yes they are special requests that weren't so easy. After a few months of back and forth e-mails BMW agreed to further color-matched leather and leather extensions - which were extra cost. I actually requested more but the $$$ started adding up, WAY UP, and I'd given them a limit. I'm pretty happy with the end results though.

Hope that helps, Mark
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #43
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Thanks Mark. Looks like we'll both have a couple of unique rides. I just placed my order last week and have week 14 production. I was hoping to get similar stuff done, but didn't know how to. To your knowledge, is it possible for me to still request these type of upgrades?

I was looking at the pic below where they added the same color on the front dash pieces to give it a more horizontal look as well. I'd like my interior to look almost exactly like this one. In a worst case scenario, is there a way to get this stuff done after delivery?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #44
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
Thanks Mark. Looks like we'll both have a couple of unique rides. I just placed my order last week and have week 14 production. I was hoping to get similar stuff done, but didn't know how to. To your knowledge, is it possible for me to still request these type of upgrades?

I was looking at the pic below where they added the same color on the front dash pieces to give it a more horizontal look as well. I'd like my interior to look almost exactly like this one. In a worst case scenario, is there a way to get this stuff done after delivery?
Buddster, you might be out of luck with a week 14 production number. I was given an ultimatum 2 weeks ago from M Div similar to "O.K. Mark, are you sure this is it? No more changes because we won't be able to do it". And I'm not scheduled until week 18. According to BMW, our orders are in the pipeline, their computer has already communicated with their suppliers and to change things would require a re-scheduling of your build week....to the back of the line of course. This is particularly so with an Individual car because it's a special order. So I guess you can do it if you're willing to wait...and BMW USA will allow the changes.

Your photo is of a regular 3 ser Individual interior. The M3 does not get the lower door panels in the seat color and the extended Individual trim does not include the extras you previously highlighted (top of console, shift boot, etc). The lower door trim was definately a "no go" when I tried and for the life of me I can't figure out why (even the regular 3 series with the light beige interior has cream colored lower door panels). The rest of it I was able to change. In retrospect, I now prefer the lower black door panels, a better match for the carpeting and lower seat trim.

I have a BMW photoshop of the platinum which I've attached (apologies for the quality, it came from ppoint presentation they sent me). It was what I was going to get before switching to rust brown. So this is what your interior will look like except for the top of the console, shift boot and shifter which will be in black leather. And substitute piano black for the maple in the pic. You'll get the idea I'm sure and don't worry that this is an E90 interior, they kept mixing up sedan and coupe photoshops - color combos are exactly the same. BTW, my pic is much more representative of the platinum color....it's more "light cream" (lighter than Lemon Leather) in real life rather than than your BMW Individual photo which looks closer to champagne.

Hope this helps. As for adding leather afterwards, no doubt it could be done but I bet it'd be very, very expensive. Something I wouldn't do. PM me is you need further info.

Regards, Mark
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-20-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0