BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

09-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #89
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
Wow, I can't believe the Racism and Ignorance in some of these posts. I really respect this group of people over at e90post and appreciate sharing ideas, even in this screwed up way.

I am truly shocked by scottz5's last post though. scottz5 seems like one of the biggest supporters of respect on these boards then comes across with a racist statement larger than that of Kanye's. I understand this is a passionate topic and will overlook these things said. We are all angry about this tragedy.

How about Kanye hates white people? Sounds just as messed up, but a lot more likely.

Here are my points to make, do with them as you wish;

Local Government was responsible to help those who can not afford transport. They must first take care of their own.(wtf?) The president is not responsible for lining up buses to take people out of the city.

Local Government failed in their planning. Sending people to the superdome without any resources(wtf?)

There are more white people in New Orleans than Black people. The media is showing downtown New Orleans (higher black concentration). There are more people outside the city limits and stretching the entire gulf coast who have been hit harder than NO. (Outlying areas may show a greater concentration of whites).

There are other levels of government ahead of George Bush who may have failed to react as quick as we'd like (local, state, homeland security, fema).

I don't think we all understand the timeline of events. After the hurricane hit, there was a lapse before the flooding... The hurricane wasn't the issue in NO, it was the flooding. The timer shouldn't start when the storm hit, but the moment the flooding emergency was known.

George Bush was thankfully in Texas. He was able to get to the scene much faster. Do you all recall he did the fly over in AF1 within 24 hours of the flooding.

I think the president reacted as best he could, I think I'm only disappointed with (and this is the real issue) that he did not come on TV the first day to address the countries immediate needs.

TIME WILL SHOW;

More whites than blacks have been impacted by this tragedy.

The director of FEMA will be the scape goat, he seems completely unqualified for the job and really screwed up.

The Mayor of NO will not take any blame as a function of our PC culture.

George Bush will not get re-elected.

scottz5 will cave and get ASA AR-1's for his 330i.

WHAT TO DO:
I am donating $100 to the red-cross and employer will match 100% for a $200 donation. I too encourage you to do the same.

Let's help these people and avoid partisan politics (btw I am not a republican). It's tough for me to watch people take advantage of a tragedy to support their cause.
Well said!

Especially this... How long before Scott caves and goes for rims? Hmm, next spring the latest???
      09-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #90
MonacoBlueNJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat

TIME WILL SHOW;

More whites than blacks have been impacted by this tragedy.

George Bush will not get re-elected.
Yes, more whites then blacks have been impacted, but there are more blacks in the actual city of NO, which is underwater. In the surrounding areas many people had their houses completely destroyed/blown down and they actually evacuated, causing no need for a "rescue" mission. The people in NO, mostly black, stayed and became trapped which is why they need to be rescued and all you see is blacks on TV.

I hope you were kidding about the Bush comment...he cannot be re-elected.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #91
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

He can't wait much past April... I'm sure.
      09-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #92
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Corporations are capitalizing on the disaster, by offering to match your donations. USE THEM IF YOU CAN! I unfortunately donated originally directly to Red Cross, but this week will be using my bank that matches. Just don't wait too long, I'm sure people ont he ground would rather have $ now than $$ in a couple weeks, although they will be needing $$$ for a long time to come.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #93
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
With all honesty, im just not a bush supporter. And i know he DID not cause the flooding or hurricane. But because my mind is already filled w/ negitivity regarding the prez.. it just felt like ANOTHER situation where i had to question "what in the world is he doing??". So yeah, i prob reacted with my personal political feelings.

And last Tuesday, i did donate the tips i made at work to the Red Cross..
      09-06-2005, 05:41 PM   #94
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
With all honesty, im just not a bush supporter. And i know he DID not cause the flooding or hurricane. But because my mind is already filled w/ negitivity regarding the prez.. it just felt like ANOTHER situation where i had to question "what in the world is he doing??". So yeah, i prob reacted with my personal political feelings.

Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. The first amendment guarantees that. Maybe the dissatisfaction that everyone has with the government will help get us more prepared for next time there is a major disaster. So maybe in a small way, the negativity is helping. It's just not helping right now unfortunately.

Contributing time and/or money is the best that we can do for now, so keep doing it!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #95
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Any of you watching the Oprah special? Its so sad.
      09-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #96
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt1811
Sorry, I wasnt trying to bite your head off or anything, I just find Late Registration to be one of the most creative albums I have heard in awhile, even more than College Dropout! I mean it was co-produced with the guy who produced Fiona Apple's album for god sakes! If you're saying lyrically its not as good, then I can maybe see your point, but musically? Come on!
BTW, my favorite tracks on the album are Heard 'Em Say, Touch the Sky, Gold Digger, We Major, Hey Mama, and Gone.
Kanye West is the MAN!
I think it's boring compared to his last CD which I absolutely loved.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #97
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:

Totally understand... Tough times like this we have to realizethe stress people are under. Yes, we are all affected by this tragedy. I know that when you don't like anyone you'll always look to find issues. It's great if we can all discuss and be forgiving. Not PC all the time, but forgive when we disagree.

Good job with the donations. Did you tell the others at work and encourage them to do the same? Did you tell your customers? You may be able to get a lot more donated that way.

Quote:
Any of you watching the Oprah special? Its so sad.
Seriously? We're 90% guys here... Even if we were watching Oprah, we'd never admit it in writing.
      09-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #98
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Petercat]

Good job with the donations. Did you tell the others at work and encourage them to do the same? Did you tell your customers? You may be able to get a lot more donated that way.

[QUOTE]

i know that some corporations and employers will match what their employees donate. my employer did it with the tsunami so i donated $1,000.

this time my best friends dad matched to the dollar what we could group together between our group of friends. my friend shelled out $1,000, i shelled out another $1,000 and our other buddies shelled out in the high hundreds. so between his dad and us we got close to $10,000.

BTW, this is just my 2 cents but its amazing how politics can rear its head into any and every topic known to man. i dont think we should be arguing about what was done or what wasnt done. a natural disaster shouldnt be used as a political platform. instead of bashing bush or defending him focus your energies elsewhere. go donate some food or clothes or blood, anything else. theres a time and a place for everything. arguments for and against bush will surface no doubt, but lets help people right now.

-mike.

Last edited by puck724; 09-06-2005 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 10:54 PM   #99
NaTuReB0Y