BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

07-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #177
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Because creature comforts add to my weight claim. They also lend to the intent of the car by the manufacturer.
And how does that relate to track abuse?

Quote:
I dig this car as I said above, but I don't know that I believe it'll be the track tool the GT3 is as the BS weighs a bit too much for repeated track abuse, imo. I am sure the Ring time will be sub 7:45 but I am talking about repeated use. Yeah, the engine is wicked but again I think I would prefer the M3 or GT3 power characteristics. I haven't driven any BS but do own a GT3. I also don't know enough about MB's single clutch transmission but I didn't think it compared to any dual clutch by BMW or Porsche.
Quote:
Yes, you are accusing me of changing my opinion about the weight. I have not. I have other reasons why I believe this car was manufactured as a street car first and track car second. I am obviously been unable to convey my beliefs to you as you want to turn anything I say into your belief that I am now making stuff up. I have been trying to elaborate to you more specific reasons.
mmm okay. Taking the easy way out I see. You still haven't really explained the track abuse part.

Quote:
You can't even stay on topic. Just so we are clear: I STILL BELIEVE ALL THAT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED, WEIGHT BEING A BIG PART OF THE ISSUE. I don't deny what you have highlighted above, so again WTF is your point?
Now you're accusing me of going off topic I am trying to understand how you came up with your statement that a BS, which weighs more than a GT3 can't handle track abuse as well.

If all you wanted to say was that you don't consider this car a track car because it's heavy then just say it like so, although a M3 GTS is heavy as well. No need to add it won't handle track abuse as well as a GT3 or that a GT3 will "fare" better from extended track session. You make more sense this way.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-28-2011 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #178
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

^ There are medications for your issues.

Last edited by devo; 07-28-2011 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #179
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Of course, thats a given. But fact remains, a heavier car will still go through tires, brakes, etc much faster, so longevity is a factor.
Tires, definitely. Brakes, maybe or maybe not. Definitely not if the brakes are sized correctly, with enough cooling.

And what's with the etcetera?

Tires definitely, brakes maybe. Nothing else.

Nothing.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #180
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftster View Post
120+ maybe with trackpack...maybe not..

A fully loaded C63 will run you 81 and change... So i doubt it
Wow! It's a beautiful car, but that is quite a bit higher than I anticipated.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #181
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
^ There are medications for your issues.
Going for personal insult now? It's obvious you don't understand what you are writing. It's a shame.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #182
luckistryke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very very fast

Guys....give it a rest.
      07-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #183
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckistryke View Post
Guys....give it a rest.
This.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #184
dbhg1124
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xdrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
This car will base around $95k. The suspension is different from the E63 as well as the CLK63 Black Series. The wheels are from the SLS AMG. I don't see a problem using brakes designed for a heavier performance sedan. For example, the M3 brakes, which were noted to be under-powered in most reviews, garned praise when used in the lighter 1M.
that is not true, they already said it would be minimum 130k as it is selling in europe for 132 pounds. so do the math
Appreciate 0