BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

03-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #947
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race View Post
I miss whataburger in Texas!! lol
Lolz
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #948
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Made some zuchinni pasta and threw in some leftover fennel and cauliflower sautee that i had from last night. Added some baked chicken breast for protein. Amazing meal for after a workout!

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #949
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
Made some zuchinni pasta and threw in some leftover fennel and cauliflower sautee that i had from last night. Added some baked chicken breast for protein. Amazing meal for after a workout!

Cool man I'm glad you liked that vegetti! You should try it with some tomato sauce sometime, I made it like spaghetti, with black bean ''meatballs'' and it was awesome!

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #950
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Cool man I'm glad you liked that vegetti! You should try it with some tomato sauce sometime, I made it like spaghetti, with black bean ''meatballs'' and it was awesome!
yeah thats next for us,do you have a recipe for the black bean meatballs? that sounds really good

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #951
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I've lived the skinny life my friend.....

I've been "fat" for about 7 years when my wife's internal Mexican instincts turned up and cooked everything in the world for me......

don't forget, I played sports all my life, I was a Marine and I was a cop...

I've lived in the gym, ran thousands and thousands of miles and eaten healthy for a long time.....

then I got married, sat in a cubicle and started having kids.....

oh, and if you can find where I claimed to be an expert, i'll paypal you $40 for your time and effort....

I'm simply following the diet plan that was provided to me by a dietician - and it's clearly working....
May I suggest a Litos weight loss progress with pics thread? Weekly progress updates with weigh in. The first 30 lbs is easy to lose.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #952
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I must shamefully admit that as a native Texan I have never been to whataburger...

I've been to five guys and pterrys. Haven't tried in n out yet either although I hear it's overrated (depending on who you ask)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #953
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I must shamefully admit that as a native Texan I have never been to whataburger...

I've been to five guys and pterrys. Haven't tried in n out yet either although I hear it's overrated (depending on who you ask)
outside of california people say in n out is overrated but thats because we dont get many of those awesome burger places the midwest and the south have!

Californians pretty much consider in n out one of the 2 reasons to live here including the weather. Sadly i dont even eat there as much as i should. maybe 3-4x a year

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #954
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
outside of california people say in n out is overrated but thats because we dont get many of those awesome burger places the midwest and the south have!

Californians pretty much consider in n out one of the 2 reasons to live here including the weather. Sadly i dont even eat there as much as i should. maybe 3-4x a year
I'm a pretty easy guy to please when it comes to burgers. When I go to a new burger place, I usually order a cheeseburger with meat and cheese only. Why? Because I can most easily assess the quality of the burger this way.

This may sound simple but I like the fact that in n out takes the time to melt their cheese onto their burger patties. Five guys does the same. Pterry's is hit and miss and often does not do this.

It sounds trivial but it makes a huge difference IMO, especially at the fast food burger level.

From the whatabuger commercials I've seen, they use melted cheese also which is good.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #955
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm a pretty easy guy to please when it comes to burgers. When I go to a new burger place, I usually order a cheeseburger with meat and cheese only. Why? Because I can most easily assess the quality of the burger this way.

This may sound simple but I like the fact that in n out takes the time to melt their cheese onto their burger patties. Five guys does the same. Pterry's is hit and miss and often does not do this.

It sounds trivial but it makes a huge difference IMO, especially at the fast food burger level.

From the whatabuger commercials I've seen, they use melted cheese also which is good.
my personal fav thing that in n out does is they toast the bun and it manages to stay crisp and not soggy throughout the entire meal, even if its at the drive thru. Usually bread is the last thing i care about when i eat a burger but for some reason its what makes in n out so damn good for me.

I get what you mean with the cheese though, i always find myself picking the cheese off the wrapper and eating it LOL

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #956
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
yeah thats next for us,do you have a recipe for the black bean meatballs? that sounds really good
I just tweaked the recipe for the black bean burgers that I gave you earlier. , I omitted the cumin and other spices, and cooked and added Italian seasonings/herbs and garlic into the ''meatballs'' instead, and instead of forming patties: I just formed medium sized balls, and set them in the fridge to stick. I even added a little Daiya vegan cheese on top of the spaghetti (admittedly not the healthiest option) and man it was so damn good! And so much healthier and lower in calories than the alternative.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #957
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just tweaked the recipe for the black bean burgers that I gave you earlier. , I omitted the cumin and other spices, and cooked and added Italian seasonings/herbs and garlic into the ''meatballs'' instead, and instead of forming patties: I just formed medium sized balls, and set them in the fridge to stick. I even added a little Daiya vegan cheese on top of the spaghetti (admittedly not the healthiest option) and man it was so damn good! And so much healthier and lower in calories than the alternative.
gotcha, that sounds good, those black bean burgers you gave me the recipe for were amazing

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #958
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

Quote:
Also here's a good video for information on how to reduce cancer risks if you regularly consume a diet high in animal products, think damage control:
I only just saw this and it's helpful to me. Thanks for posting!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:53 AM   #959
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
gotcha, that sounds good, those black bean burgers you gave me the recipe for were amazing
Yeah this is my favorite new recipe! Definitely try it!

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #960
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
falafel
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #961
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

^^^Looks good.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #962
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
falafel
of my favorite foods of all time, theres a really good local place that makes a traditional falafel wrap and salad. Its a shack that has a line that goes for a few blocks. Love it

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #963
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Went to Eleven Plates on Friday. The burger there with the truffle fries is quite nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #964
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Went to Eleven Plates on Friday. The burger there with the truffle fries is quite nice.
Oh nice! The must have at eleven plates for lunch is the pork belly banh mi (sandwich) IMO. The pork belly is really well done (not in terms of temperature but in terms of quality ) and the assortment of vegetables that go with it are well-prepared. I believe they pickle their vegetables and it really adds a nice flavor to the overall dish.

I also always get a side of mac and cheese as well. It's not particularly special but I like the fact that they use a nice, strong cheese. I can't stand bland mac and cheese.

I've recently grown tired of dining at all of my usual suspects. If you have any recommendations let me know! It doesn't have to be fine dining it can be anything from food trucks to casual dining to fast food and beyond.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #965
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Oh nice! The must have at eleven plates for lunch is the pork belly banh mi (sandwich) IMO. The pork belly is really well done (not in terms of temperature but in terms of quality ) and the assortment of vegetables that go with it are well-prepared. I believe they pickle their vegetables and it really adds a nice flavor to the overall dish.

I also always get a side of mac and cheese as well. It's not particularly special but I like the fact that they use a nice, strong cheese. I can't stand bland mac and cheese.

I've recently grown tired of dining at all of my usual suspects. If you have any recommendations let me know! It doesn't have to be fine dining it can be anything from food trucks to casual dining to fast food and beyond.
I saw that on the menu and was tempted for a moment, until I saw their POWER LUNCH option that included brussel sprouts if you go the burger. It was game over at that point.

The lady sitting next to me was eating the mac and cheese. Looked GOOD.

Had the Four Seasons brunch today and it was excellent. Also recently ate this new place called Mettle on the East Side. Last night, since it was Texas Relays and I wanted to see the crazy cars, we ate at Blue Dahlia on E 11th street. The Coq Au Vin is quite fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #966
richardg
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MacanGTS, 991.2GT3, E63wagon

Quote:
Haha someone had to say it. I was thinking the same thing! Definitely makes for nice background scenery for the steak pic.
The GF said thank you. (Followed by a "did you really put my tits on that car site?")
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #967
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
The GF said thank you. (Followed by a "did you really put my tits on that car site?")

Lol^^^

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #968
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
turkey avocado sandwich
Appreciate 0