BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

01-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

here is the other one that isnt labeled wrong. its still downloading but gotta go to watch the seahawks game. dont laugh at me Klammer!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh

here is the other one that isnt labeled wrong. its still downloading but gotta go to watch the seahawks game. dont laugh at me Klammer!
Sorry dude, couldn't help myself. Go hawks!
      01-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post

I was going to fix your video again...but your upload failed because it was too long. At least the Seahawks won.

2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #26
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Cruise Cam mount

This is what I use. A Cruise Cam head rest mount adapted to use a GoPro mount. Prior to using the Cruise Cam, I use the suction cup mount on the driver's side rear window.

www.cruisecam.com

Attached Images

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL

Last edited by ortho281; 01-06-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #27
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

here is the link to my most recent day with my fastest lap time to date. still have room to cut time. cant figure out how to edit in music. also forgot to set spot reduction or whatever its called so not so bright outside.

the fast lap happens at 21 minutes i believe. went out and ran 9-10 laps the next session all faster than my previous PR but none quite as quick as the 1:39

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 01-28-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
NYC Drifter
Miss my S1000RR Less
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 GTR

I signed up for the BMW Summit Point event at the end of July.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out where to mount a GoPro in a GTR. I have Recaro's without headrest bars. The Roll Cage is down the road.

Not sure this will pass tech, but am thinking about getting the GoPro mount for bicycle seat-post/handle bar and bolting it to the rear-view mirror arm. I am going to ask BMWCCA directly, but am looking for input and suggestions.

The BMW CCA NJ Chapter's Tech Form States:
• PASSENGER-COMPARTMENT MOUNTED CAMERAS/CAMCORDERS MUST BE BOLTED TO THEIR MOUNTS WHICH MUST IN TURN BE RIGIDLY MOUNTED. IN ADDITION, THE CAMERA MUST BE TETHERED WITH EITHER A HIGH-TENSILE WEBBING OR STEEL CABLE. THE TETHER MUST BE SHORT ENOUGH TO PREVENT THE CAMERA FROM CONTACTING THE DRIVER OR PASSENGER. SUCTION-CUP AND ADHESIVE-TYPE MOUNTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Gone
2012 M3 E92 M-DCT ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Subscribed. Great thread, OP.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
Estoril Blue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drifter View Post
I signed up for the BMW Summit Point event at the end of July.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out where to mount a GoPro in a GTR. I have Recaro's without headrest bars. The Roll Cage is down the road.

Not sure this will pass tech, but am thinking about getting the GoPro mount for bicycle seat-post/handle bar and bolting it to the rear-view mirror arm. I am going to ask BMWCCA directly, but am looking for input and suggestions.

The BMW CCA NJ Chapter's Tech Form States:
PASSENGER-COMPARTMENT MOUNTED CAMERAS/CAMCORDERS MUST BE BOLTED TO THEIR MOUNTS WHICH MUST IN TURN BE RIGIDLY MOUNTED. IN ADDITION, THE CAMERA MUST BE TETHERED WITH EITHER A HIGH-TENSILE WEBBING OR STEEL CABLE. THE TETHER MUST BE SHORT ENOUGH TO PREVENT THE CAMERA FROM CONTACTING THE DRIVER OR PASSENGER. SUCTION-CUP AND ADHESIVE-TYPE MOUNTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Since I run with NJ BMWCCA- I can tell you that the Tech policy noted in caps is accurate and is inspected during Tech Inspetion and at Pit-Out, as written. Don't forget the security leash.

Camera mounting policy among various groups is becoming more conservative due to issues on track and the rapidly increasing use of cameras and creative mounts that don't consider failure modes. Keeping the camera secured during an off-track excursion is a reasonable concern among all sponsoring organization and their insurers.

Organizations are increasingly restricting external mounts due to past problems with poor mounting.

Some clubs no longer permit suction cup mounts.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #31
NYC Drifter
Miss my S1000RR Less
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Blue View Post
Since I run with NJ BMWCCA- I can tell you that the Tech policy noted in caps is accurate and is inspected during Tech Inspetion and at Pit-Out, as written. Don't forget the security leash.

Camera mounting policy among various groups is becoming more conservative due to issues on track and the rapidly increasing use of cameras and creative mounts that don't consider failure modes. Keeping the camera secured during an off-track excursion is a reasonable concern among all sponsoring organization and their insurers.

Organizations are increasingly restricting external mounts due to past problems with poor mounting.

Some clubs no longer permit suction cup mounts.
Thanks for the reply EB. I sent an email to the NJ Chapter Tech advisor, so hopefully I can get it sorted out.

Gone
2012 M3 E92 M-DCT ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
NYC Drifter
Miss my S1000RR Less
United_States
Rep

I heard back from NJ BMW CCA.

This is NOT intended to be a blanket representation from NJ tech as I'm sure they will examine all mounts on an individual basis, but this is the response I received. I will post pics once I get mine mounted.

"Bolting the GoPro mount to the rearview-mirror arm would be acceptable to us insofar as Tech is concerned provided the camera does not impede forward vision.

GoPro offers an adhesive mount that we now allow, provided the camera is mounted outside the car. This alternative may work for you."

Gone
2012 M3 E92 M-DCT ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #33
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

I use the suction cup to hold my external mic next to the rear plate.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #34
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

fwiw http://www.roadandtrack.com/boot/car...hoot-to-thrill
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #35
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

here's my setup... One of my GoPro is mounted on the front bumper and the other one is on my harness bar. The external mic is taped to the rear bumper and runs to the gopro on my harness bar.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #36
NickterTF
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Tackform GoPro Headrest Mount

Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum. I manufacture phone mounts and GoPro Headrest Mounts. I stumbled across this post doing a google search and I thought it may be helpful for you guys. We manufacture not only GoPro Headrest mounts but suction cup phone mounts for Windshields and dashboards however dash mounting isn't recommended on BMW. They it works great on the track on the front and rear windshield.. We sell just as many for phones as we do GoPros being that not everyone has a GoPro but we all have an iPhone.

I added a 15% off coupon for the guys on the forum. It will work for the first 15 people. The coupon code is m3post I'll be honest with you in telling you that I don't take cars to the track personally but 100% of my customers use them for the track and I get pretty good feedback. If you have any questions on the products feel free to reach out. You can check out our products at www.tackform.com and here's a link to the actual product page.

This is my first post but I am a real human.. I have live chat on my site most days of the week but for the health of the forum I'd be happy to keep my dialogue on here.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #37
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

inside is best i think as it gives you a true perspective of where your lines are