BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

07-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #23
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
How did the cops track you to your house?
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here.....

...license plate!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
Atorsesh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 123

I agree with most everyone that giving a kid that much power isn't the best idea. However, everyone is overlooking the fact that no one was hurt, and you should be extremely grateful for that. If someone was hurt in this situation, you probably wouldn't be driving any more.

Also I thought DTC was stability control as well. Stability control makes a huge world of difference and I personally think should never be turned off. My car doesn't have it and I can feel a huge difference in control driving any car with it. Drifting should be done on courses without rails so you can come off the road without damaging anything.

Your very lucky you didn't get a ticket for reckless driving, I've gotten one for making a little bit of tire squeal.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #25
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
irresponsible teenagers with reasonably fast cars FTL.
      07-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #26
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #27
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
haha you live and you learn... or you die.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #28
ncarter124
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A lot of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
I also blame your dad for handing a teenager with no experience the keys to a 335. You are also stupid for trying to drift a 335 in the rain with traction control off.
Agreed. Any parent that hands their kids the keys to an even remotely powerful car at that age is an absolute retard. Idiots shouldn't reproduce and this is yet another case and point of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
You're not hurt, no one else is hurt, and it's just a car. Lesson albeit expensive, learned.

I don't understand why you are going to pay him all back though, full coverage?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #30
ncarter124
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliceman13300 View Post
I agree with most everyone that giving a kid that much power isn't the best idea. However, everyone is overlooking the fact that no one was hurt, and you should be extremely grateful for that.
True. I've seen way too many 16-20 year old's die from their own stupidity.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #31
Chest Rockwell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
You are obviously not the DK.

many LULZ were had

I did a similar (but completely different) thing but to a 78 ford bronco. Dude with a dodge ram said he could pull my frame out from under me, I told him his truck was for homos and we proceeded to chain our bumpers together. I was draging him around and all of the sudden I lost traction and the truck started to hop. Caved the purches, blew up the 3rd member and cost me 1100$ to fix. Dad called me a dumbass and that was that. Guess the last time I did something so stupid in one of my vehicles......
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #32
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Lesson learned.
not convinced of that.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #33
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

W/e, shit happens. You have to pay to play. Next time, don't drift around on main streets, and stick to parking lots.

Sucks that you got the tickets though, that's the real burn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #34
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkM View Post

chetoree brah, LOL.
sup captain obvious hahah
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
AS335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, f30 330i

Garage List
2017 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for all the input guys, I need a good ass kicking. KEPP THEM COMING. But I have learned my lesson, at least in my eyes. I'm going to be taking BMW driving lessons and other things to make sure this doesn't happen again. Also, I will never turn off traction control when its wet again.

As far as insurance, yes we are fully covered. I'm going to be paying for the tickets/driving courses. And the deductible also.

Also to clarify, I wasn't drifting in the neighborhood. I had just finished drifting in an empty parking lot and had DSC off, and was just fish tailing out of turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
time for some track experience brah
Roger, I'm going to sign myself up for some track lessons from our local track over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Depends on the kid, but you said it yourself. "I was drifting, which I normally do" Right there I knew you had no respect for the car.

I had a 350z at 18 and a 335 at 21. I never got into so much as a fender bender in either of them. I even had the 335 up to 400 whp. Never once did I forget the respect these cars require. You drive like an asshole, you get burned. I am sorry you had to learn your lesson the hard way. I too did very well in school but I knew from early on that driving like that on public roads was a very very bad idea. BTW, 335 doesn't have LSD. Trying to drift without LSD is pointless. All you are really doing is power sliding and you don't have nearly as much control over it as you thought.

I rarely drove my car in the rain because of the unpredictability of high horsepower + RWD cars. And you were running it hard with traction control off? Definitely showed your age in this instance.

Best of luck, and hope you learn from this experience. You could, and for all intents and purposes should, have spent some time in lock up for that stupid shit.
I've never drifted in a neighborhood before, I would just take it to a parking lot for a little bit of fun, nothing major. In my eyes I had full respect for the car, I never mistreated it except for that one time. And all it takes is one time. I was just trying to slide the tail out, but I was a dumbass and gave it too much gas and slid. I fucked up big time and I definitely learned from this, no way I'm going to make the same mistake twice. But I don't think I should of been in jail for that, I was lucky no one was hurt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I blame your dad more then you for not teaching you right from wrong.

Lesson learned for both of you.
Not my dads fault, its all my fault. When he first got it for me he never let me drive it, only when he was in the car with me. He would constantly remind me to be careful, ect because of the power. I was just ignorant and thought I had control, but obviously didn't. It was all my fault and I learned my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
Wtf did you leave the scene for? Nothing would've happened if you'd just stayed, that's why they call them accidents.

Yeah the car would've been wrecked (not a big deal, you have insurance), and it was wet out you could've said you had to avoid a cat running across the road and spun it.

Since your left you're pretty screwed, I wouldn't worry about not driving a 335i because you might lose your license for a while.
I guess I panicked, and wanted to just get home and let me parents know what happened. Not sure why I left, but I honestly didn't think the police had to be involved since I didn't hit anyone or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
We have a guy around the neighborhood that has a G37s Coupe and he is always drifting around corners, going 100+ down the 30mph straight away into the neighborhood, revving his engine all the time and taking turns around here like he's got the police chasing him or something. He's a lot like you, in fact I was wondering if he was you. Regardless, you and him are a lot alike and should not be doing this sh*t in a neighborhood. Bottom line is there are PEOPLE in a neighborhood, PEOPLE with legs to walk around, PEOPLE with ears to hear and in my opinion has got to be the dumbest place to do it, that is unless you can find a park full of people. Hope you take a trip to jail later on, would be the only way for people like you to learn.

Sorry for rant, just tired of stupid kids doing stupid things around my neighborhood when I'm walking, nearly got hit once and the cop let him off because quote "he's a good kid", like you. So again, hope you take a ride.
I'm pretty sure I'm nothing like that guy. I don't rev my engine, I don't speed at all in neighborhoods and I dont drift all the time in neighborhoods. This was a first, and all I was doing for sliding my tail out and gassed it too much. I was not going sideways through the neighborhood, just fish tailing out of a turn. I really don't think that warrants a trip to jail for me.... And your right, this whole thing really makes me want to go do it again, I didn't learn my lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarter124 View Post
Agreed. Any parent that hands their kids the keys to an even remotely powerful car at that age is an absolute retard. Idiots shouldn't reproduce and this is yet another case and point of it.
I asked to be flamed, not for people to bash my parents. They are not idiots for giving me keys to this car, you don't know my parents so you shouldn't be making assumptions about things you have no info on. I talked to my dad for about a year about this car, and since I got my license have been showing him how responsible in terms of driving. I have never been in an accident and through these last few years my dad has made his best effort to drill into me the correct way to drive and to make me a responsible driver. I am the one to blame for not listening, I acted like an idiot cause I wanted to fish tail and ended up hitting the car, its not their fault because they honestly thought I was the most responsible kid. Don't call my parents idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
you fuckin idiot. why would you drift in the rain with your new car? how old are you anyway like 17?
I wasn't "drifting" just trying to fish tail, should of stated that clearly. I was drifting in a parking lot beforehand and was trying to get the rear out on a turn. But yes. I'm an idiot and I'm 17.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #36
AS335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
sup captain obvious hahah
You guys Iranian?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #37
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

how did this thread make it this far without pics?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #38
AS335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
how did this thread make it this far without pics?
Haha, my dad took it to get repaired almost as soon as it happened so I didn't get any pics...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #39
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

If this is the absolute worst thing that ever happens in your lifetime, I'd consider it a good run.

We all make mistakes growing up (very bad one's in different ways), but one day you'll look back and talk about it over Thanksgiving, maybe laugh it off.

It may seem bad now, just know it will get better.

Just be smart, make good decisions and be aware that your "fun" times can negatively affect more than just yourself. It will all come with age.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #40
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Normally, I'd throw a shitstorm of flame your way but instead I'm going to commend you. You screwed up, you know it, and you're taking responsibility - no bullshit. Lesson learned the hard way I suppose, but good for you.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #41
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

first off.... you're fucking stupid... stop that shit. you're too young, and you're going to hurt someone.
second off... you've got a damn good head on your shoulders. sounds like you've learned your lesson, keep it up and you'll go far in life. You live and you learn. You learned what you did was stupid. This is the experience that TEACHES you that...first hand. Me hitting a tree with a bike taught me to respect a bike a little more.
third, the car's way too much for anyone your age, you need to start off with a more controllable car. (imo)
fourth, glad to hear you're alright, don't sweat the cop stuff, there's things they don't teach you...and when you got that adrenaline pumping you just want to get the hell outta there.

there's your bashing now learn your lesson, get over it, and have fun!

edit, nothing wrong with drifting in a parking lot.... as long as it doesn't piss off the wrong people, this is how you learn the extremes of your car, in a controlled environment. (yes I know a track is better...but that's not always available)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #42
shuarma
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

i just need to interject for a moment..daddy bought you a 335i, he will only take 2 or 3 paychecks from you just to teach you a lesson and i'm sure he will cover the rest.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #43
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
no biggie..just consider yourself a typical american teenager...congrats on being mediocre
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #44
ncarter124
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS335i View Post

Not my dads fault, its all my fault. When he first got it for me he never let me drive it, only when he was in the car with me. He would constantly remind me to be careful, ect because of the power. I was just ignorant and thought I had control, but obviously didn't. It was all my fault and I learned my lesson.

I asked to be flamed, not for people to bash my parents. They are not idiots for giving me keys to this car, you don't know my parents so you shouldn't be making assumptions about things you have no info on. I talked to my dad for about a year about this car, and since I got my license have been showing him how responsible in terms of driving. I have never been in an accident and through these last few years my dad has made his best effort to drill into me the correct way to drive and to make me a responsible driver. I am the one to blame for not listening, I acted like an idiot cause I wanted to fish tail and ended up hitting the car, its not their fault because they honestly thought I was the most responsible kid. Don't call my parents idiots.
It's not an assumption, it is simply common sense parenting that nobody seems to possess anymore.

Everybody knows kids are terrible drivers, otherwise their insurance rates wouldn't be insanely high, so a normal parent would start a child out in something with very little power and go from there once the child gets some experience under their belt. THAT is how a good parent would do it.

For instance, on my old 350z forum a kid got a new 350z for his 16th birthday, I did the same thing (called his parents idiots as well) and guess what, he totaled it two weeks after that, and his parents BOUGHT HIM ANOTHER ONE! That is epic stupidity. But he did learn his lesson and as far as I know, hasn't wrecked the 2nd one.

Perhaps 'idiot' was a strong word, but if he was a smart parent, he would have gotten you a 328, NOT a 335. There is absolutely no reason for somebody your age to be in a 335 vs a 328.

But like others have said, you admitted fault, nobody was hurt, and you do have a good head on your shoulders. Now learn and move on.
Appreciate 0