BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #199
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baremeg55 View Post
I guess the iPad3 that has LTE that's been out a while shouldn't factor into the equation, seeing you are only arguing about specific cell phones. Your position is mute, to say Apple final included LTE in the iPhone5. You're quite funny really, making your arguments in favor of the galaxy or whatever, and come down hard on anyone with an opposing view. To spare myself wasting more time reading your useless drabble, I'll just place you on my ignore list.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #200
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

You guys need to exercise more or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
I know the 4 & 4s you can change your settings and the camera LED will flash for notifications.
The problem is that the LED only flashes as the phone is ringing or getting a text message. What i want is for the LED to flash every 30 sec until i check the notification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
I never understood that. I put my phone facing upward on my desk. How does that flash on the back of the phone help notify me?
I tend to lay my phone face down most of the time. So i actually see the flas before i hear the ring. But again, a blinking notification AFTER the call or message would be wonderful in my opinion.
      09-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #201
LazyGreek
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335i - 6MT

I put in a preorder today at Best Buy for a 64g, in hopes of not to many people went with the 64 over the 16/32 models.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #202
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGreek View Post
I put in a preorder today at Best Buy for a 64g, in hopes of not to many people went with the 64 over the 16/32 models.
Yeah. The rep said the 64 should ship relatively quick since the 32 is the most popular.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #203
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Actually, I think the 16gb is the most popular. It's the first one that was back-ordered on Apple.com, as well as many of the provider's websites.

I agree, the 64 gb would be the least popular. But, that also means they are probably producing far fewer of those models too.
      09-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #204
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335IS

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [9.66]
i am just waiting for mine
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #205
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Just pre ordered my iPhone 5 from AT&T, should take 14-21 days to ship. Got the 32Gb black version. Should be a nice upgrade from my destroyed iPhone 4 lol
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #206
Crypty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

I think some sort of NFC chip for payments would have been nice. I guess that technology is still in its infancy though and isn't standard or ubiquitous in any way. The 5 offers nothing monumental other than 4G. As a 4 owner(not even 4s) I didn't really feel my phone was outdated, but the price is right on the 5 and will be worth it in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #207
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypty View Post
I think some sort of NFC chip for payments would have been nice. I guess that technology is still in its infancy though and isn't standard or ubiquitous in any way. The 5 offers nothing monumental other than 4G. As a 4 owner(not even 4s) I didn't really feel my phone was outdated, but the price is right on the 5 and will be worth it in my opinion.
I'm going from 4 to a 5 too, but 2 generations of processor, no gorilla glass (BIG improvement), smaller form factor and a larger screen is monumental in my book
      09-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #208
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
Actually, I think the 16gb is the most popular. It's the first one that was back-ordered on Apple.com, as well as many of the provider's websites.

I agree, the 64 gb would be the least popular. But, that also means they are probably producing far fewer of those models too.
yeah, probably a wash. Says mine should ship on the 21st but then when i got my 4 the phone arrived 3 days earlier than they said.
      09-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #209
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
yeah, probably a wash. Says mine should ship on the 21st but then when i got my 4 the phone arrived 3 days earlier than they said.
Mine did too. I was laughing at all the crazy saps standing in those insane lines, and most didnt even get phones.
      09-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #210
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Attached Images

09-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #211
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0Surge
Right, very biased ad by SAMSUNG. Do a little research, they do have some geek websites out there that have already dissed this as one sided. Easy for a competitor manufacturer to do a lop sided comparison pointing out the competitions short comings (iPone5), but Samsung doesn't bother to be truthful and mention those specs and areas where they fail short. Total FAIL!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #212
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right, very biased ad by SAMSUNG. Do a little research, they do have some geek websites out there that have already dissed this as one sided. Easy for a competitor manufacturer to do a lop sided comparison pointing out the competitions short comings (iPone5), but Samsung doesn't bother to be truthful and mention those specs and areas where they fail short. Total FAIL!!!!!
So... you mention them then...
      09-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #213
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you bother to read the article where you undoubtedly found this ad, or just post the biased ad?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #214
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0Surge View Post
Here is the part of the story you left out...

Quote:
Samsung drops all pretence of class and shamelessly targets Apple's iPhone 5 in new Galaxy S3 print ad.
Set to hit newspapers across the USA tomorrow, Samsung’s latest print advertisement aims to make the iPhone 5 look low-end in contrast to the Galaxy S3.
The new advertisement claims “The next big thing is already here.” From the looks of the ad, Samsung has yet to move on after being ordered to pay Apple $1 billion in damages back in August. Publishing an advertisement directly comparing Apple’s products with its own is a bold move from Samsung, especially since it lost the court case to Apple for infringing on its patents.
The print ad carries the tagline, “It doesn’t take a genius.” This is a play on Apple’s Genius branding, referring to in-store Apple experts and the online recommendation system for iTunes and the App Store. It also implies that choosing the Galaxy S3 is a no-brainer for consumers, considering it’s large number of features over the iPhone 5. There’s a clear hitch with this type of comparison, however, as Samsung has (for obvious reasons) made the list of features quite one-sided in the Galaxy S3′s favor.
Without placing any bias in favor of one phone over the other, Samsung does omit some popular, well-known features of the iPhone 5. For instance, where’s FaceTime, iCloud, or iTunes integration? And Android 4.0 is a year old now while iOS 6.0 is brand new, is that really something to brag about?

Attempting to smear the competition’s hardware isn’t the most mature way to market a product. No one’s saying the Galaxy S3 is an inferior device, but Samsung could have easily focused on the stellar features of its own device rather than taking another stab at Apple that comes across as petty. Rumor has it Samsung has a video ad in the works as well, in the same vein as its Galaxy S2 commercials showing a line up of people waiting for the new iPhone while ogling Samsung’s newest Galaxy handset.
"Unquote"

Turbo, if you like your phone, great. Question is, why do you feel compelled to put garbage like this biased ad in this post? Trying to convince yourself you made a good choice?

If you like the plastic, unstable, last years OS, less apps, G3 phone - GREAT! Just bear in mind other people have their own preferences, inclusive of design, hardware, OS, options, Apps, etc... and for the most part, the world could give a shit about your biased G3 opinion.....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #215
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Trying to convince yourself you made a good choice?
Exactly what I said....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #216
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Samsung drops all pretence of class and shamelessly targets Apple's iPhone 5 in new Galaxy S3 print ad.
Set to hit newspapers across the USA tomorrow, Samsung’s latest print advertisement aims to make the iPhone 5 look low-end in contrast to the Galaxy S3.
The new advertisement claims “The next big thing is already here.” From the looks of the ad, Samsung has yet to move on after being ordered to pay Apple $1 billion in damages back in August. Publishing an advertisement directly comparing Apple’s products with its own is a bold move from Samsung, especially since it lost the court case to Apple for infringing on its patents.
The print ad carries the tagline, “It doesn’t take a genius.” This is a play on Apple’s Genius branding, referring to in-store Apple experts and the online recommendation system for iTunes and the App Store. It also implies that choosing the Galaxy S3 is a no-brainer for consumers, considering it’s large number of features over the iPhone 5. There’s a clear hitch with this type of comparison, however, as Samsung has (for obvious reasons) made the list of features quite one-sided in the Galaxy S3′s favor.
Without placing any bias in favor of one phone over the other, Samsung does omit some popular, well-known features of the iPhone 5. For instance, where’s FaceTime, iCloud, or iTunes integration? And Android 4.0 is a year old now while iOS 6.0 is brand new, is that really something to brag about?

Attempting to smear the competition’s hardware isn’t the most mature way to market a product. No one’s saying the Galaxy S3 is an inferior device, but Samsung could have easily focused on the stellar features of its own device rather than taking another stab at Apple that comes across as petty. Rumor has it Samsung has a video ad in the works as well, in the same vein as its Galaxy S2 commercials showing a line up of people waiting for the new iPhone while ogling Samsung’s newest Galaxy handset.
"Unquote"

Turbo, if you like your phone, great. Question is, why do you feel compelled to put garbage like this biased ad in this post? Trying to convince yourself you made a good choice?

If you like the plastic, unstable, last years OS, less apps, G3 phone - GREAT! Just bear in mind other people have their own preferences, inclusive of design, hardware, OS, options, Apps, etc... and for the most part, the world could give a shit about your biased G3 opinion.....

Lol that's it? That's what makes the iphone better? And actually I don't need to convice myself of anything since I have both. The gs3 is my personal phone while my iphone 4s is my work phone. (the company will upgrade sometime in the next few months to the 5) Either way, there's a reason why my personal phone is a gs3 and not an iphone. And I have nothing against apple, like i said before- I have a house full of their products. Just this time around gs3 wins.
      09-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #217
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0Surge View Post
Lol that's it? That's what makes the iphone better? And actually I don't need to convice myself of anything since I have both. The gs3 is my personal phone while my iphone 4s is my work phone. (the company will upgrade sometime in the next few months to the 5) Either way, there's a reason why my personal phone is a gs3 and not an iphone. And I have nothing against apple, like i said before- I have a house full of their products. Just this time around gs3 wins FOR ME.
Fixed that for ya.
      09-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #218
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Set to hit newspapers across the USA tomorrow, SamsungÂ’s latest print advertisement aims to make the iPhone 5 look low-end in contrast to the Galaxy S3.
The print ad carries the tagline, “It doesnÂ’t take a genius.” This is a play on AppleÂ’s Genius branding, referring to in-store Apple experts and the online recommendation system for iTunes and the App Store. It also implies that choosing the Galaxy S3 is a no-brainer for consumers, considering itÂ’s large number of features over the iPhone 5. ThereÂ’s a clear hitch with this type of comparison, however, as Samsung has (for obvious reasons) made the list of features quite one-sided in the Galaxy S3′s favor.
Without placing any bias in favor of one phone over the other, Samsung does omit some popular, well-known features of the iPhone 5. For instance, whereÂ’s FaceTime, iCloud, or iTunes integration? And Android 4.0 is a year old now while iOS 6.0 is brand new, is that really something to brag about?

Attempting to smear the competitionÂ’s hardware isnÂ’t the most mature way to market a product. No oneÂ’s saying the Galaxy S3 is an inferior device, but Samsung could have easily focused on the stellar features of its own device rather than taking another stab at Apple that comes across as petty. Rumor has it Samsung has a video ad in the works as well, in the same vein as its Galaxy S2 commercials showing a line up of people waiting for the new iPhone while ogling SamsungÂ’s newest Galaxy handset.
"Unquote"

Lol that's it? That's what makes the iphone better? And actually I don't need to convice myself of anything since I have both. The gs3 is my personal phone while my iphone 4s is my work phone. (the company will upgrade sometime in the next few months to the 5) Either way, there's a reason why my personal phone is a gs3 and not an iphone. And I have nothing against apple, like i said before- I have a house full of their products. Just this time around gs3 wins.
Again, in YOUR opinion. Just be happy with what you have, enjoy it, and note that others have a different opinion. No one phone, or OS, is right for everyone. I've had many different phones, have ordered the iPhone5, and like you, will also receive a new iPhone from work this week. I welcome that work iPhone, will be great to toss the BlackBerry in the trash!!! My opinion!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #219
Affify11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
i love my GS, very fast and the battery lasts forever..i charge it about twice a day but then again i use it ALL freakin day
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #220
Affify11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [5.00]
GSIII to be precise
Appreciate 0