BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

04-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Yamdan
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Anyone using Milltek catback?

Ive order a Milltek Catback for my car but starting to think it might be to quiet.

My last car droned badly in the cabin and thats a big big no no for the since I use my car on a everyday base.

And from what Ive understand the Milltek should not do that BUT on the other hand it might be a bit too quiet..
Or?

What Im after is just a minor increase in sound not the full race sound.
I absolutly want it to sound a bit better on idle!!

So anyone that have had the Milltek on their car?
Can find any good Youtube clips of it either :-(

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I asked this myself a while ago. Milltek is very big in the Audi and Porsche scene, but not BMW. I had two Milltek systems on both my '00 S4 and my '07 RS4. Loved the sound. Build quality was great but the finish work was not up to par. Still, great sound, and great build and a great value. Just not popular with the BMW crowd.
      04-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Yamdan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
I asked this myself a while ago. Milltek is very big in the Audi and Porsche scene, but not BMW. I had two Milltek systems on both my '00 S4 and my '07 RS4. Loved the sound. Build quality was great but the finish work was not up to par. Still, great sound, and great build and a great value. Just not popular with the BMW crowd.
I have just put the Milltek on my car and fitment was ok.. quite easy installing. The tailpipes was a 100% direct and looks really nice!

And then the sound......
To my great relife it was just perfect for me. (was worries that they would be too quiet) Sounds really nice on the low rpm when cruising round and then when heading out on the highroads there are no drone!
High rpm I cant say that I hear a big differnce compared to stock inside the car but Im sure if I were outside the car and listning too it there would be a differnce.

So all in all Im happy with it..

Here in Europe Milltek is know as a high quality brand
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamdan View Post
I have just put the Milltek on my car and fitment was ok.. quite easy installing. The tailpipes was a 100% direct and looks really nice!

And then the sound......
To my great relife it was just perfect for me. (was worries that they would be too quiet) Sounds really nice on the low rpm when cruising round and then when heading out on the highroads there are no drone!
High rpm I cant say that I hear a big differnce compared to stock inside the car but Im sure if I were outside the car and listning too it there would be a differnce.

So all in all Im happy with it..

Here in Europe Milltek is know as a high quality brand
great feedback, thanks!

if you get a chance, some pics or vids would be great.

i just ordered a milltek for my e90. i will test fit it and then see what kind of modifications have to be made for the tips to fit right on the sedan.

the tips appear to be a little set back on the e92, so hopefully not too much modifcation is required for proper e90 fitment.

glad that the sound isnt too loud. i really liked the tone on the youtube vids i heard. and glad there is no drone!
      04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

let me know how the milltek works on the e90 kenny

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
johnnybravo
Rep
Drives: jerez black '07 m3

I've got the milltek. 1-2k it is a little boomy, but only really an amplification of the flat sound of the engine/exhaust as standard.

Nice noise/resonance improvement. Cold start up and cat warming isn't quiet. Put it this way, theres no doubt you've got a exhaust mod but doesn't sound hollow like the chav racers, nor race loud.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
DoinicDenson
Rep
Drives: bmw

I have just put the Milltek on my car and fitment was ok