BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-01-2022, 04:00 PM   #1
Dave.K
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6

Smile X6 Battery Drain And Alternator damage after Blower fitting

I need advice. I took my Bmw X6 for a safety recall for a blower recall replacement/fitting.

I have only just bought this car and used it for 2 months, which was a beautiful and smooth drive and pristine performance.

On collecting my car from the Bmw workshop, straightaway I wasn't feeling the performance i.e ( drive and sound).perhaps they changed the driving mode. For the life of me, I am not technical with cars. Secondly, as it was a hot day, I had reduced the temp to 16 increased the rate of blowing but wasn't getting any cool air from the vents ( which I used to before). Until I pressed the aircon button ( snowflake button) then I started getting cooler air coming through. My first instincts was perhaps it was the blower that got fitted, was a new way of regulating the air and cooling in the car.

Thirdly, say like an hour after collecting my car after doing some errends, Got back in my car and a parking warning light came on, a message on the dash about ( car may roll) I was like this is new and odd. Then later battery warning light start coming on and off. All on the same day a few hours my vehicle visted a workshop. I immediatley rang the branch of Bmw, and reported my findings but the fella I spoke to was more concerned about charging me for this to be investigated. I did not want to lose the plot at that time because his explanation about the parking warning light was because the car had been put on the ramp and that the light would disappear ( in actual fact during conversation at a later time the services manager had said that isn't true and that could never be the reason)

Long story short, battery warning light still kept comin on and off. I did not drive the day after visiting the bmw ( friday), drove on the Saturday for a bit light was coming on and off on the Sunday whilst driving I lost all power in the car. It cut out. Last message/ info dash was ( 4x4 system Dsc Abs failure, Battery charge very low).
Spoke to the branch of Bmw and explained my plight. The deputy services manager straight away said it could be the connection at the battery leads/ terminal. He could link it. And told me to bring it back in. Got it towed to the garage, and upon investigation the battery and alternator had gone/ damaged.

In a stand off with the branch now because I believe it was perhaps the new blower that got fitted or electrical wiring or whatever else they did to the car in the process of carrying out this fitting.

What are the chances of a battery drain and alternator damage silmultaneously to a smooth running vehicle that had no faults. I have had this recall letter for 3 weeks, nothing has happened to my car within that time but quite odd on the same day I visit the garage, I start getting faults and then my car konks out. I need help please as the garage refuses liabilty for damage and reponsibilty for repair.

Upon resarch, I have read fsr's( blower) do drain batterys and also a bad connection at battery terminals, making it have a short and hence making the alternator work harder could be a cause of this.
What could have caused my battery drain and alternator damage.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

is it a new car purchased form this dealer ?

how do new car warranties work in the U.K. ?

If it's used there is no warranty ?
Appreciate 0